Anyone else bummed about the Obi-Wan delay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
I just hope SS is not following in the footsteps of MR.
I don't know why you're worried about that. SS just wants to make things as perfect as possible and that's what I think this is.

Except for the rare item, most everything that Sideshow puts out seems like it gets delayed a little... nothing to worry about! :chew

I am much more bummed about the Leia delay than the Obi-Wan.

The 12" figures are fun, but I take my PFs very seriously...

:D

I have all of the current Star Wars PFs on display in my office, but Luke and Anakin are boxed up in the closet until I get enough of them to fill a shelf. Looks like that won't be until later this fall. But the Leia will go straight out of the box and on display!!!

Just to shed some light on the 'why' - I can assure you it has nothing to do with lip color or arm length. :monkey3

We weren't entirely satisfied with the color of the jedi robe for Ben, and decided to take a little extra time to work on it.

You may have seen some shots of Ben, Kit, Mace, Han, and Qui-Gon from a display at Toy Hunters in Hong Kong. None of these are prototypes - they're all relatively far along in production. The schedule after Ben is looking pretty firm.

Dave is right, that Kit will move ahead of Ben in the shipping order, but after that they'll roll along pretty smoothly.

:maul

Sideshow Brant said:
Just to shed some light on the 'why' - I can assure you it has nothing to do with lip color or arm length. :monkey3

We weren't entirely satisfied with the color of the jedi robe for Ben, and decided to take a little extra time to work on it.

Dave is right, that Kit will move ahead of Ben in the shipping order, but after that they'll roll along pretty smoothly.

:maul

Cool, thanks for the update.

I'm actually looking most forward to KIT anyway so this is good news for me.

Kit in July, and Han & Obi in August. It will be a long June, but I can deal with that. Nice to know that SS really cares about not only the quality of their products but also that their customers are informed. Thanks Brant!

Kit is going to be mighty top-heavy with that gigantic noggin of his.

Would ya look at the size of that kid's head! It's the size of a planetoid and it has it's own weather system! Looks like an orange on a toothpick! I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Aye, now that was offsides, now wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

jlcmsu said:
I don't know why you're worried about that. SS just wants to make things as perfect as possible and that's what I think this is.

Im not really worried about it, I was just thinking that they have alot on their plate, with SW, LOTR and Marvel. Most of which are due out in the fall. and I was just hoping a delay wouldnt cause a snowball effect, but to hear that Kit will move up in line is pretty reassuring, im excited to get him as well.

I don't mind overall delays. Just means I grab a past figure to add to my collection. I only hate the delays when others get their figure and I'm still waiting.

tomandshell said:
Kit is going to be mighty top-heavy with that gigantic noggin of his.

Would ya look at the size of that kid's head! It's the size of a planetoid and it has it's own weather system! Looks like an orange on a toothpick! I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Aye, now that was offsides, now wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

isnt that from So I Married an Axe Murderer?? it sounds awfully familiar...

~~this is good news that they are still going ahead with the other 12" characters. this means i dont have to set aside money every month to get them.

tomandshell said:
Would ya look at the size of that kid's head! It's the size of a planetoid and it has it's own weather system!
"He's heading for that small moon."

"Not if I can catch him."

"That's no moon, its Kit Fisto's head."

"Its too big to be someone's head."

"Turn the ship around."

"Yeah, I think you're right."

I'm equally bummed about the Obi and Leia delay, Obi was my most wanted after Luke, and like Tom I take my PF's seriously. Ah well great figures are well worth the wait, and I'm sure I can find something to spend my money on...

Back