Anyone else bummed about the Obi-Wan delay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I love about Sideshow. They care enough about the quality their product to postpone release dates and enough about their customers that they come into this forum to let us know what is up. Absolute class!:D

pixletwin said:
Thats what I love about Sideshow. They care enough about the quality their product to postpone release dates and enough about their customers that they come into this forum to let us know what is up. Absolute class!:D

And they still find the time to make crazy retro Public Service Announcements, by Crom!!

Hey! I gottan idear. Howzabout sideshow release Obi on schedule and ship out the cloaks later!

No? *sigh* I didn't think that would work, but you can't blame a fella for tryin' eh?

tomandshell said:
And they still find the time to make crazy retro Public Service Announcements, by Crom!!

CROM!! I loved that part!!

Glad Brant came on here and shed some light on the subject. Just another reason I love SSC so much.. they always keep us in the know when it comes to these things. And hey... a more accurate Obi Cloak is always good in my opinion. That's one thing I really loved about the proto... really nice color matching on his clothing. His costume in ROTS was my favorite for the character and I want to see it replicated as accurately as possible. :D

I was kinda bummed when I read the newsletter right now, but after reading Brant's post, I'm not as bummed. I'm still bummed on the Leia though, May to August. GSRJedi sad now:monkey2

Sideshow Brant said:
Just to shed some light on the 'why' - I can assure you it has nothing to do with lip color or arm length. :monkey3

We weren't entirely satisfied with the color of the jedi robe for Ben, and decided to take a little extra time to work on it.

You may have seen some shots of Ben, Kit, Mace, Han, and Qui-Gon from a display at Toy Hunters in Hong Kong. None of these are prototypes - they're all relatively far along in production. The schedule after Ben is looking pretty firm.

Dave is right, that Kit will move ahead of Ben in the shipping order, but after that they'll roll along pretty smoothly.

:maul

Ah thanks for the infor Brant. That's good news then but I'm not shocked that the delay is due to wanting to make sure everything is ok.

By the way nice Maul smilie :D

jlcmsu said:
Ah thanks for the infor Brant. That's good news then but I'm not shocked that the delay is due to wanting to make sure everything is ok.

By the way nice Maul smilie :D

Yeah, okay, that's cool with me, but what about Sith Ani's lip color, has that been corrected because inquiring minds want to know? :monkey1

pjam said:
Yeah, okay, that's cool with me, but what about Sith Ani's lip color, has that been corrected because inquiring minds want to know? :monkey1

I actually think that it would be funny to go and fix Sith Anakin's lips now. Regular Jedi Anakin will have dark lips, and Sith Anakin will have light lips? That would look weird...

Actually Anakins aren't as dark as I thought they where. A tad too dark maybe but not bad at all.

pjam said:

Yeah, I'm thinking that the Sith and regular Anakin's were probably produced at the same time... making it virtually impossible to change anything about the figure.... At least that is what I am assuming.

Besides, I heard it through the Josh-vine (telepathic link :cool: ) that "actually Anakins lips aren't as dark as I thought they where. A tad too dark maybe but not bad at all." :D

Trust in the Josh.... And the Josh will set you free...:monkey3

DarkArtist81 said:
Besides, I heard it through the Josh-vine (telepathic link :cool: ) that "actually Anakins lips aren't as dark as I thought they where. A tad too dark maybe but not bad at all." :D

Trust in the Josh.... And the Josh will set you free...:monkey3

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Any delay is always a little annoying but if improvements to an already awesome looking costume are going to be made then it's not so bad.

bcm77 said:
Any delay is always a little annoying but if improvements to an already awesome looking costume are going to be made then it's not so bad.

Ditto.....we need a kick-ass Obi to go with the near perfect Anakin....

Obi-Wan will be the best SW 12" figure of all of the preorders, without a doubt. Sideshow's best headsculpt so far and a great looking outfit to boot. Now having Anakin and Luke here, I'm really excited about getting Obi-Wan. :rock2

tomandshell said:
I actually think that it would be funny to go and fix Sith Anakin's lips now. Regular Jedi Anakin will have dark lips, and Sith Anakin will have light lips? That would look weird...

Totally disagree Tom. You may be looking at this from the 2 Ani dimension, not the SW 12" lineup dimension. He doesn't look right next to Luke alone with those darker lips, if we had a deco lipped Ani next to all the other "normal lipped" SW figures it would look horrible and out of place, unless of course he just finished sucking on a grape/plum popsicle which I don't recall seeing in the film.

Even SSC admits it was an error so why not correct it? Why repeat an error? I say correct it or it'll look really "funny" next to the other figures in the line.

If anyone saw the ToyFair SW 12" lineup pics you may see what I mean a little better.

I'll try to find some pics and post them so y'all can judge for yourselves.

Last edited:
I agree, Pjam. I was perfectly happy with my Anakin until I set him next to Luke. The contrast made what had been a marvelous figure a second ago look ridiculous and out-of-place. He looked downright stupid in context. Had to pull my paints out.

I'm bummed about having to wait for Kenobi, sure. But I've got the Skywalkers to keep me company.:D

Mikey, have you attempted to fix his lip color yet? What about narrowing his eyebrows a bit as shown in the ToyFair prototype?

Back