Betomatli Exclusive Figure for One Sixth Xpo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man the more I look at that Freddy the more I appreciate how good beto is. He's truly in a class of his own. With most customs it a group effort but with beto it's all him.
I'm just glad that the exclusive wasn't pinhead lol

Hey Mr. Negativemagazine:

What? I got to Oakland/San Francisco for the weekend once every two months.

:moon :lol

But yeah, I don't know other people's circumstances, so it could be more complicated.:)

Goes both ways, bucko. If the Bay Area's "so close" why not host a con up here? :tap :lol

Seriously though. Despite the comic conventions (WonderCon and SuperCon), there're nothing but small all-encompassing toy conventions held here and there and certainly nothing mainstream dedicated to 1/6 figures.

After hardwork, Beto and Lupita have completed the Exclusive Nightmare Killer... Enjoy the Final Results!

IMG_7361-1.jpg

IMG_7341-1.jpg

IMG_7358-1.jpg

IMG_7364-1.jpg

IMG_7355-1.jpg

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7373.jpg

IMG_7378-1.jpg

Any word on price, and what if on the very unlikely chance they don't sell out at the con? Will you be willing to sell the extras here? I'd love to get one, but can't justify a cross country trip. :lol

Any word on price, and what if on the very unlikely chance they don't sell out at the con? Will you be willing to sell the extras here? I'd love to get one, but can't justify a cross country trip. :lol

Price will be posted soon... I know this figure will sell out at the show!

Goes both ways, bucko. If the Bay Area's "so close" why not host a con up here? :tap :lol

Seriously though. Despite the comic conventions (WonderCon and SuperCon), there're nothing but small all-encompassing toy conventions held here and there and certainly nothing mainstream dedicated to 1/6 figures.

It's not my show. I just support my friends who are organizing it, so talk to them. I'm just an atendee and I was talking from that perspective. (I have driven up there for Wondercon btw).
Hopefully if this gets big, there will be more shows and have one in the bay area. However, to achieve that, this first show has to be a success and if people from out of town are willing to drive down here (or up here), then it will be.

Anyway... that Freddy is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

It's not my show. I just support my friends who are organizing it, so talk to them. I'm just an atendee and I was talking from that perspective. (I have driven up there for Wondercon btw).
Hopefully if this gets big, there will be more shows and have one in the bay area. However, to achieve that, this first show has to be a success and if people from out of town are willing to drive down here (or up here), then it will be.

WonderCon/shmondercon. I want a 1:6 Expo in the bay area, (almost) smack dab in the middle of the state. Seems it'd be better that way, getting people from norCal and soCal to meet half way than hosting an event where others haven't been as successful because the hosts expect people to make a long-assed trek and deal with some of the country's worst traffic. I've been to several of Lu's Weekend of Heroes shows and the attendance was never where it was expected to be because he set up shop where most of the dealers are instead of a midway point where more of the public could come with less of a sacrifice.

I hear ya nam, believe me. But it's hard to please everyone. Let's say they do the show midway point as you suggest (I would still go, btw), then guys like Kuzeh who come from San Diego would say "Hey, why did they move it even further north? It was ok for me to drive to Industry, but no way I'm driving more up north".

I hear ya nam, believe me. But it's hard to please everyone. Let's say they do the show midway point as you suggest (I would still go, btw), then guys like Kuzeh who come from San Diego would say "Hey, why did they move it even further north? It was ok for me to drive to Industry, but no way I'm driving more up north".

I'd argue that any con without Kuzeh, is a better con. :lol

In all seriousness, if it's about getting out there and advertising to get new customers, what good does it do to fish in the same pond? I have this same argument with airsoft businesses who complain about the lack of new customers but only promote in SoCal, where they're based. That market's already oversaturated with their own customers. :huh

That looks great !!
would like to know pricing and full details, by the time I get there they could be sold out .
If you're doing exclusives for custom figures like some figures sold at comicon, Itd be nice to prepay and pick up

I'd argue that any con without Kuzeh, is a better con. :lol

In all seriousness, if it's about getting out there and advertising to get new customers, what good does it do to fish in the same pond? I have this same argument with airsoft businesses who complain about the lack of new customers but only promote in SoCal, where they're based. That market's already oversaturated with their own customers. :huh

Man,
you're pathetic... your obsession with me is getting scary...:panic:

Why don't you organize your own 1/6 con in SF instead of whining about it being held in SoCal?...

Q and Bobby took matters in their own hands after WOH became almost a fiasco. They even got Sideshow on board and got Beto to create this amazing piece! That's initiative!! :clap:clap:clap

Man,
you're pathetic... your obsession with me is getting scary...:panic:

Why don't you organize your own 1/6 con in SF instead of whining about it being held in SoCal?...

Q and Bobby took matters in their own hands after WOH became almost a fiasco. They even got Sideshow on board and got Beto to create this amazing piece! That's initiative!! :clap:clap:clap

There was no seriousness in my post. Turn on that sarcasm meter and get over yourself. :monkey1

As for a 1/6 con in SF, I'd be more than happy to help where I could, but I wouldn't knock WoH. John Lu got Hot Toys to attend after all, not their representative and in the end it was canceled due to lack of fan support and low attendance in both Ontario and the new location.

HT wasn't there, they sent SS and CalTek staff and a few figures... and that was it :lol
BTW, they were the last ones to arrive and the first ones to leave...
WOH was great back in the day, but the lack of vision ultimately killed it...
in any case, if it comes back it's ultimately good for vendors and collectors.

Sorry Kuzeh for putting your name as an example of someone from San Diego. I didn't mean to create any friction.

But yes, I was at the past WOH and Hot Toys wasn't really there. Just some representatives and a crappy set up.

Sorry Kuzeh for putting your name as an example of someone from San Diego. I didn't mean to create any friction.

But yes, I was at the past WOH and Hot Toys wasn't really there. Just some representatives and a crappy set up.

Don't worry about Kuzeh, he's got some weird hardon for me. :lol

As for HT, granted, but it was a huge leap up from years past.

No worries buddy...
we all know Nam is such a jester...:rolleyes2

Anyway, so Q, how is the sale for the exclusives going to work?
Will it be first come, first served?
Will there be a lottery?
I'm curious, as depending on the price, I "might" get it...

Don't worry about Kuzeh, he's got some weird hardon for me. :lol

As for HT, granted, but it was a huge leap up from years past.

Hi Miss Pot! :wave

love,
Mr. Kettle.

:nana::lol

tumblr_liqcyupGac1qi9q4ko1_500.jpg

Back