Comic Con 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limited Edition... the most absurd prices in the galaxy. They are a Brazilian toy store. Do you know how much the WarMachine Maquette goes for on their website? $2800 reais which comes to $1600 us dollars. I mean, I understand that they are heavily taxed imports but still, why even bother selling those there? It's not like anyone is going to buy it!
That's true, but EVERYTHING in Brazil works that way. Collectibles are a little piece of the system. Taxes here are very expensive. And I mean very expensive in a crazy way.

We have to pay 60% over the total value of the product for federal customs taxes and 18% over the total value again for state taxes. The result is that we buy one piece for us collectors and another piece to our government in taxes.

Limited Edition prices are high but are the best prices a legal store can offer. There are other stores here (like FNAC) whose prices make Limited Edition prices look cheap.

That's true, but EVERYTHING in Brazil works that way. Collectibles are a little piece of the system. Taxes here are very expensive. And I mean very expensive in a crazy way.

We have to pay 60% over the total value of the product for federal customs taxes and 18% over the total value again for state taxes. The result is that we buy one piece for us collectors and another piece to our government in taxes.

Limited Edition prices are high but are the best prices a legal store can offer. There are other stores here (like FNAC) whose prices make Limited Edition prices look cheap.

Do all those taxes apply to Ebay?

The jewels on his knuckles do look like they are lit. We'll need a better picture of it.

The thing that makes me say BS on the light up feature is that Sideshow hasnt advertised it at all. So either they are figuring out the feasability and don't want to advertise for sure...or it was never true, but they have no obligatin to correct a rumor that works in thier favor...

The thing that makes me say BS on the light up feature is that Sideshow hasnt advertised it at all. So either they are figuring out the feasability and don't want to advertise for sure...or it was never true, but they have no obligatin to correct a rumor that works in thier favor...

True. dont smash my balls Hulk. lol

Is that Tim Miller in the 3rd video (guy with the white shirt and bald head)?

Hey Jay from a UK collector who can't get over really great vids, I just need to win the lottery now.

P1070306.jpg
That Spidey is so freakin' ugly. Look at that thigh!! And those ribs!!

People bust my nuts 'cause I want a classic Spidey and this is what they like??!

BB

you need new glasses...and maybe a brain :monkey3

Hey guys I know this is not really "sideshow" but was wondering if anyone has heard anything on the Art Asylum/Diamond Direct "USS Enterprise B"?

It was promoted at the toy show last year but have not seen much since. I was wondering if its on display at a booth at the con? The site I used to look at for con pics has since closed so I do not know for sure so I thought I would ask.

This may have been posted but just in case it wasn't

Pain: Any more light up marvel pieces like X-Men VS Sentinel #1 in the works?

Brant Bridges: Indeed! In fact, Thanos will have a light-up effect in his Infinity Gauntlet. Just reviewed our first samples with the lights - spiffy!

Maybe it is just the pics, but it looks like the paint apps on Ms. Marvel PF didn't come out as well as I had hoped. I will take a better look at her on Sunday, but if I she doesn't look amazing, I will cancel the EX and pick up the regular at a later day for less.

Back