CornerStoreComics and Credit Card Exposure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was planning on buying some stuff but I thought everything was better.

Got a call from my credit card company today about several attempted charges. Charges were from some websites called "Fashion bug" and "Big Fish game(?)":confused: This really pisses me off because I was hit a few months back and had to have my card replaced. With the new card I started using a feature called "secure account number" which generates a random number to shop online with. Once you use one of these numbers for a website, it is no longer valid for any other website. The recent fraudulent charges were attempted with one of these secure numbers and not with my actual credit card number. This means that I should be able to find out exactly where my info was stolen from depending on which number they tried to use. The rep on the phone today told me that a secure number was used, but wouldn't tell me which one:mad: She said it wasn't showing up on the screen :mad: They're sending me another replacement card :banghead.

I did order from CSC in april, but I believe I paid with Paypal. I don't think it is related to them as it wasn't my Paypal that was hit.

I'm calling my credit card company tomorrow and hoping to find out where my info was compromised.

This is all a sick joke, right.....it really didn't happen all over again at CSC....did it?

Not again to their customers who were loyal enough to stay on even after the first incident.

WOW....simply WOW.

Last edited:
OK, I just got charged for my DC Universe Classics series 8 order. So if I get hit now, we'll know its CSC for sure. I've only used my card with Sideshow and Toy Anxiety, which I've used multiple times since the last problem. So if I get hit again, its CSC. No if ands or buts. Hopefully all goes smoothly. I like CSC and will hate not being able to trust their security enough to order from them again.

So if I get hit now, we'll know its CSC for sure.

Um, we already know it was CSC for sure.

Maybe the hole in their security wasn't opened whe your charge just went through but c'mon, all of us who were charged by CSC/AT during a certain time period were hit.

I just spent 45 minutes canceling subscriptions, calling my credit card company etc. We are sure.

Um, we already know it was CSC for sure.

Maybe the hole in their security wasn't opened whe your charge just went through but c'mon, all of us who were charged by CSC/AT during a certain time period were hit.

I just spent 45 minutes canceling subscriptions, calling my credit card company etc. We are sure.

No, I mean a second time around. I got hit the first time from CSC, but there is worry again that they may have another leak. But it is still too early to tell if it is just a coinsidence or not.

I'm still fighting to get about ~$200 from one of my cards that was hit ordering from CSC. Visa sux rhinoceros pecker. Had to get copies of the monthly statementl (2 separate bills), circle fraudulent charges and say I didn't order those items, provide 5 samples of my signature, sign a document, get it notarized, and mail it to them. Took 2-3 months for them to send me the forms, then I had to mail them in within a couple of weeks because of a 6/1 deadline.

Pain in the ass.

Edit: to top it off, my bank which I have the Visa through outsources that Visa credit card services, and that company outsources it's fraud department. So it's 3 layers of bull^^^^ I have to wade through to actually speak to some one. By the time I get someone on the phone who can actually help me, I'm so pissed off that it doesn't help my phone etiquette at all.

Sorry to hear that man.
Reminds me of the hell I went through with Statuetoys.

:(

I'm still fighting to get about ~$200 from one of my cards that was hit ordering from CSC. Visa sux rhinoceros pecker. Had to get copies of the monthly statementl (2 separate bills), circle fraudulent charges and say I didn't order those items, provide 5 samples of my signature, sign a document, get it notarized, and mail it to them. Took 2-3 months for them to send me the forms, then I had to mail them in within a couple of weeks because of a 6/1 deadline.

Pain in the ass.

Edit: to top it off, my bank which I have the Visa through outsources that Visa credit card services, and that company outsources it's fraud department. So it's 3 layers of bull^^^^ I have to wade through to actually speak to some one. By the time I get someone on the phone who can actually help me, I'm so pissed off that it doesn't help my phone etiquette at all.

That really sucks to hear. Mine was a Visa too, but I had zero problems whatsoever. Of course I caught mine within an hour or two of the charges so none of them had actually gone through. Visa canceled the charges on their end but told me to contact the sites where the card was used since they could refund my card quicker than Visa could. I never had to sign or deal with Visa again after my first phone call since all of the charges never got past the pending stage.

That whole thing was one of the weirdest experiences ever. (Long story).

No, I mean a second time around. I got hit the first time from CSC, but there is worry again that they may have another leak. But it is still too early to tell if it is just a coinsidence or not.

No, that's the thing. I got hit the first time around and I got hit again.

There is a second compromise. Plenty of people online are getting hit AGAIN after trusting CSC/AT after the first one based on their promises they made about their super-duper FBI-level security system.

I was just notified by my credit card company that I too was hit again under circumstances very similar to my previous credit card fraud experience with CSC.

This whole thing (if indeed this second go around is CS's or their affiliates fault) is way past ridiculous. I personally had no hits but I have cancelled all remaining orders with them, it is just too risky, and its not like they are the only dealer out there.

Are they charging you guys for cancel fees?

I called CSC yesterday and asked if I could send them a check as payment for all my outstanding orders so as to avoid paying a cancellation fee. Unfortunately, the customer service rep told me that she was currently "locked out of their system" (I'm not really sure what to make of that) and asked me to call back on Monday.

Needless to say, once my existing accounts are settled, I am through dealing with CSC.

I ordered from there April and got hit yesterday, about $200. I went to the bank and they gave me a number to call, which lead to another call, which they gave me another number to call so i can make a claim. Sucks they can't do anything yet since the charges are still pending. I canceled my card and won't plan on getting another one for a while.

I ordered from there April and got hit yesterday, about $200. I went to the bank and they gave me a number to call, which lead to another call, which they gave me another number to call so i can make a claim. Sucks they can't do anything yet since the charges are still pending. I canceled my card and won't plan on getting another one for a while.

sideshow is the only toy company i use my DEBIT card on, the others i just wait till i have money in the bank and use paypal. that sucks Moon, hope everything works out in your favor.

sideshow is the only toy company i use my DEBIT card on, the others i just wait till i have money in the bank and use paypal. that sucks Moon, hope everything works out in your favor.

Thanks man. It's just so frustrating since I barely had anything in there because I don't have a job anymore. Plus if I tell my parents they'll probably freak out and never trust me with their cards. This card was only 2 months old too, got it about the same time I ordered from them.

Last edited:
I called CSC yesterday and asked if I could send them a check as payment for all my outstanding orders so as to avoid paying a cancellation fee. Unfortunately, the customer service rep told me that she was currently "locked out of their system" (I'm not really sure what to make of that) and asked me to call back on Monday.

Needless to say, once my existing accounts are settled, I am through dealing with CSC.

Me as well, I am afraid to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back