CornerStoreComics and Credit Card Exposure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, the new Fantastic Exclusive from The 4 Horsemen have been shown off and the one I have been wanting since I seen it at SDCC is a CSC exclusive. :monkey4

Just got my Dutch and Billy from Cornerstore!
Very well packaged, I might add.

I've seen no suspicious charges on my credit cards, if things continue to go well I will go back to ordering from them.

Just got hit with an online airline purchase.. Im not saying its CSC.. but its the second time my account's been violated.. even after I changed my card.. :(

Damn dude!
That happened to me as well... I got charged with three airline tickets once! Sucks big time.
What were your last purchases?

Damn dude!
That happened to me as well... I got charged with three airline tickets once! Sucks big time.
What were your last purchases?

At CSC? or recently?
Nothing lately at CSC...
Recently, Blimpies' and a Sushi place..

I doubt if anyone in those last two establishments were going to Africa..

I just stumbled across this thread, and it explains why I had so many unrecognized charges on my card. Curiously, the card lender didn't call me one time. Even though there were charges denied for thousands, and several hundred dollars worth approved before I noticed any hanky panky. Pathetic scum bags. Worse, pathetic security on my bank's part for not calling me.:mad:

I still don't understand how anyone gets away with this stuff. How are they getting their merchandise if they are not providing their actual address when ordering with our stolen numbers? If they are using their actual address, it would be like turning themselves in.:confused:

I'm afraid for security purposes I won't be ordering from them anymore. I'll pay the little bit extra in shipping and go with Hobby Planet or Alter Ego.

What's the word on all of this now? Anyone have problems recently?

About a month after I got burned by the fake charges I rolled the dice and tried them again after they swore they were secure and I got hit again.

I'd be surprised if they were still having trouble but that's the kind of mentality that brought on Round 2 of hours of dealing with credit card companies.

It's really a shame, they were my go-to place and I still haven't managed to find a single online retailer to replace them but I gave them another shot and they blew it.

I'll always see them as a victim of the same scammers but that sympathy only goes so far when there are other retailers that don't have these problems.

I was actually considering buying something from them not long ago and I'm kinda glad I didn't now. They may have got their security worked out at this point but honestly I wouldn't want to take the chance. I do feel a little bad for them but I have a few others places that I go to for my online ordering needs.

I was hit with fraud from their site several months back. Today I still buy from them. I just always use Paypal, and have had no problems. They're always spot on with me.

Thanks guys they tried to scam a trip to Africa out of my discover card. It is a shame it happened I loved the store. Using paypal is a good idea to be safe.

Using Paypal isn't an option for me as 99% of my CSC/AT orders were preorders and I don't like that Paypal doesn't allow an order to be charged later.

Why did this come back up? the reason there was a problem was they were switching over servers and they thought the old server was closed out and it was left unsecure. They fixed it and really if you have a problem you can call and do the order over the phone, they are really nice people and they really know how to package something for shipping.

Hey guys. Been awhile. Please pardon my brevity (and spelling & text errors), but I'm between flights in Dallas and I'm trying to respond from my phone.

In a nutshell, the incident happened a full year ago now. Whoa. That's even weird to type. It's a drag that it's keeps popping back up, but I can also understand why.

But I'm here to tell you that the problem was isolated, addressed, and made impossible to be reoccur over 10,000 transactions ago. The situation blew (for everyone involved), so I made it my personal mission to make CSC one of the most secure sites on the web. Not just amongst toy stores, but the entire web.

I know that doesn't change what happened, but at least we've been able to provide an exemplary track record of things since we rebuilt our back end system. Hope that helps.

And it's good to be back. I'm going to make more time to get on more often. If that's cool with you guys, of course.

Thanks!
Thomas
CSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back