CornerStoreComics and Credit Card Exposure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got hit today as well. They tried the charge for a $1, but my credit card company caught it. The only thing I've gotten from CSC in the past year was a pre-order for the Predator 1 on Fed. 23. So I guess my credit card went into their system even though it was only a preorder. Keep checking your cards.

What's the deal with the Itunes charges? I haven't noticed anything unusual, but I'd probably just gloss over an Itunes charge.

I have pre-ordered from CSC and might be at risk.

if it's a pre-order and you haven't been charged yet then you might be safe. it seems like everyone that has been hit has had their card charged by csc at some point. for most it's been in the past month but some are saying it's been i think up to a year.

i'd just keep checking it every day. the sneaky jerks could always wait till everything quites down and then use some of the cards they haven't already used.

well the post above just changed the pre-order idea.

I checked again this morning and I'm still safe thankfully. What worries me is that I haven't made any purchases off of them for a while, but I did change the card which I would like my pre-orders to come off of and the number would have ran through the system.

Will we have to re-order our pre-orders, or will they still have them in their system after this?

Is the CC exposure only hitting those who've ordered this year? I don't think I've made an order with CSC since spring 2008.

How could they let this happen? We trust them with this info...grrrr.

I am safe for now, and I ordered a lot from them last year and just got my Stormie shipped to me March 4th, I ordered it like the week before it shipped too.

How could they let this happen? We trust them with this info...grrrr.

I am safe for now, and I ordered a lot from them last year and just got my Stormie shipped to me March 4th, I ordered it like the week before it shipped too.

As has been stated, it's not CSC but their processor that was hacked.

So my girlfriend bought me some Jokers for Christmas and her credit card has been stolen.

Mine too. Stealing from others is so low. These crooks need real jobs. Sad part is I am sure they are living much more luxuriously than we are. I hope they get caught.

Mine too. Stealing from others is so low. These crooks need real jobs. Sad part is I am sure they are living much more luxuriously than we are. I hope they get caught.

She's calling Visa right now and trying to get this straightened this out. They also did the Itunes thing and they sent me some dvds. WTF?

She's calling Visa right now and trying to get this straightened this out. They also did the Itunes thing and they sent me some dvds. WTF?

Yeah the iTunes thing happened as well. Had to cancel the card and get a new one sent out.

What I don't understand is how these people aren't caught right away. They buy things like Netflix subscriptions and things that are shipped to a physical address. Surely they can be easily found and traced.

Yeah the iTunes thing happened as well. Had to cancel the card and get a new one sent out.

What I don't understand is how these people aren't caught right away. They buy things like Netflix subscriptions and things that are shipped to a physical address. Surely they can be easily found and traced.

It was weird because DVDs showed up to my house with her name on the box. So I knew something was up and it looks like they made some ridiculous amount of charges that didn’t go through because of her limit. I can’t see how they can’t catch theses people faster.

I'm a victim of this... charged thousands of dollars. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Luckily, my credit card company has me covered and a new card is on the way. Hopefully they find and prosecute those responsible.

Uhm...
But if you cancel your card (which would seem to be the advisable thing right now), then they can't charge you anyway.

yes, but for those who might want to do business with them in the future (not me). then what? :dunno

And now, can anybody tell me about the future?. How secure do you think it is to place an order from now? :huh
I know that the future is not the immediate interest for the most who have to solve the present day trying to save their pockets because those frauds.
But what make us to think secure to do our transactions in the future days? :huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back