Custom 1/6th Death Star Wall panels.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Emp's window will be 48'' in diameter! :thud:

Maybe getting it out of scale would be best. Just something that would be smaller and displayable but still give you the effect of the window.

Yes, agreed. I didn't kind of think that one through..:lol
I think I was too excited.

(Definitely not going to fit inside the detolf at that size)

Here's a dry run of the panels I got the other day in the mail. These will come out nicely. I need to figure out some light boxes for the light panels.

wooowow matt they look great... what are they made from... I made a few a while back and the last ones I laser cut at work... they were amazing and so quick :)

Found some old pics of the ones I made :)

the last couple are laser cut and the lines are much cleaner.

death-star82.jpg

death-star24.jpg

death-star29.jpg

death-star42.jpg

death-star51.jpg

death-star75.jpg

death-star90.jpg

death-star89.jpg

wooowow matt they look great... what are they made from... I made a few a while back and the last ones I laser cut at work... they were amazing and so quick :)

Thanks Mark! They are made of very dense masonite. Yours look great too. Looks like you beat me too it. So what did you use to defuse the light panels and what kind of light source?

My setup will be pretty simple Just 4 panels will fit on a Ikea Billy cabinet shelf. I plan to have my Stormtroopers on that shelf. If it works out I will buy more from the maker.

I just used a few lamps and did some long exposures. Later I used a thicker white acrylic sheet which diffuses the light.

I drew up ai files of the wall if you want them matt.

I have allways wanted a section on here(this board) where you could go print of paper templates of 1/6 scenery ? A cheap backdrop ?

Wow, HOLY .... There aren't any clever, talented people around here or anything - nahhhhh. Thing is, I haven't the slightest idea at this moment in time how to implement any of this - all I know is, I'd like a nice backdrop against which my Vader can murder my Obi Wan, and perhaps a window with a view for my Emp to peer out whilst sipping a nice cup of Earl Grey. Is that too much for a fella to hope for?

I love this section of the board!! Such amazing stuff going on here. Id love to get some of these made espessially the floor for the cryo chamber in Empire. any new news on these?

Griff

The guy that was cutting these out disappeared. I think I was the only one that got some in 1/6th scale.

Back