Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it was definitely like passing by a car wreck on the highway the last four seasons, except the gore got even worse as it went on.

and yet you kept watching....

Because it was the end. Of course I'm going to watch it to the end. Why would I give up? I was on that ship regardless if it sank or not.

Besides, are you defending it? Why? It sucks. It was really funny too. It was the most baffling excuse for a television show I've ever seen. They got every single thing wrong, and yet, they managed to get the things they got wrong, wrong. :lol

I wouldn't watch another season, if it was announced right now. That is a fact. If 9 was announced as the final season and 8 was another season, I would've skipped 8, and jumped right into 9, like I did with 7.

They couldn't fix this show if they tried. It's done. The damage is done. The last 4 seasons were absolutely terrible, and unwatchable. It was so bad, it even made the rest of the show pretty much unwatchable. I know how it ends. It ends with lumberjacks ladies and gents. Lumberjacks and drama for soccer mom's.

But there is good in this. Dexter will forever be known as the show with the worst series finale of all time, and "...and then he becomes a lumberjack." will go down as a hilarious meme on how NOT to end a TV show. VIVA LA DEXTER!

Because it was the end. Of course I'm going to watch it to the end. Why would I give up? I was on that ship regardless if it sank or not.

Besides, are you defending it? Why? It sucks. It was really funny too. It was the most baffling excuse for a television show I've ever seen. They got every single thing wrong, and yet, they managed to get the things they got wrong, wrong. :lol

I wouldn't watch another season, if it was announced right now. That is a fact. If 9 was announced as the final season and 8 was another season, I would've skipped 8, and jumped right into 9, like I did with 7.

They couldn't fix this show if they tried. It's done. The damage is done. The last 4 seasons were absolutely terrible, and unwatchable. It was so bad, it even made the rest of the show pretty much unwatchable. I know how it ends. It ends with lumberjacks ladies and gents. Lumberjacks and drama for soccer mom's.

But there is good in this. Dexter will forever be known as the show with the worst series finale of all time, and "...and then he becomes a lumberjack." will go down as a hilarious meme on how NOT to end a TV show. VIVA LA DEXTER!

I liked some of the first seasons and the rest were hit and miss for me. This season sucked bad, so no, I'm not defending it at all.

Just checking. Some people have defended it. Which is baffling to me.

If you've followed a series most of the way through, you want to know how it ends. No matter what.

Just checking. Some people have defended it. Which is baffling to me.

If you've followed a series most of the way through, you want to know how it ends. No matter what.

Anyone with half a brain could of come up with at least 20 better endings to that show.

So your poo didn't turn into a lumberjack?

...but he was dropping logs....

I keep thinking about the ending and its driving me crazy. It just doesn't make sense that Dexter would turn to a life of (relative) solitude. He's a damn serial killer. I'm no expert, but I would think that makes him a pretty selfish person. There is no way he would give up his happiness for the sake of his "family". I can't buy the "saw the light" philosophy. Though I am happy they didn't just make him go off to Argentina and be cured of his needs. That would've been...yeah. Although I am sure it will never happen, it really led to the possibility of his story continuing on. How entertaining a murderous lumberjack storyline would be...well, I don't know. I guess the ending was just, unsatisfying. The only thing that saves it is that he looked like a pretty ****ed up angry lumberjack, so we can only hope he's still on the prowl.

The only thing that saves it is that he looked like a pretty ****ed up angry lumberjack, so we can only hope he's still on the prowl.

Even that'd be b.s. though.

The whole reason he took off was because he didn't trust himself to be able to lead a normal life, ie one that involves not killing people.

So he lets Hannah and Harrison sod off to Argentina while he eschews the perfect double-life of a serial killer in Miami - one with a constant supply of 'deserving' victims to pick off, Miami Metro resources and the cover of a big city - for a life in the sticks.

So we're to believe what... that he hasn't changed, and he's to continue disappearing a lumberjack here and there? Or that he has changed and his penance is to exist as a serial killer, but tortured by his inability to satiate his 'dark passenger'?

The best thing that can be said about the ending was that it was an ending. Sort of like being on Dexter's table and enduring his monologue and picture gallery for seasons on end before finally and mercifully getting the knife in the heart.

Anyone with half a brain could of come up with at least 20 better endings to that show.

although this is not perfect... (some stuff is not great)

I honestly though this is what the ending was going to be like. Honestly before the first episode I had an idea of what it could be like,

And it sounded a lot like this one,I mean, I expected something like this...

[ame]https://youtu.be/Hl407-PZa3k[/ame]

although this is not perfect... (some stuff is not great)

I honestly though this is what the ending was going to be like. Honestly before the first episode I had an idea of what it could be like,

And it sounded a lot like this one,I mean, I expected something like this...

https://youtu.be/Hl407-PZa3k

Damn Youtube is blocked at work so I'll check it tonight.

I wanted a season eight where Dexter is on the run and there's a manhunt. Instead of Harry appearing to him it would be Doakes. Every decision Dexter makes Doakes would tell him it doesn't matter, it's only a matter of time, you're as good as dead m*************.

I wanted a season eight where Dexter is on the run and there's a manhunt. Instead of Harry appearing to him it would be Doakes. Every decision Dexter makes Doakes would tell him it doesn't matter, it's only a matter of time, you're as good as dead m*************.

i don't know if you are joking about this lol, But that actually could have been a cool way to bring him back.

They could have even brought back Laguerta for a couple of scenes, either flashbacks or talking to Dexter about giving up.

I was half joking but honestly any idea is better than what they did.

the reason I thought it could work when you just said it it's because of the talks Dexter had with Doakes in that cabin.

So if they did bring back Doakes to talk to Dexter it would be a cool nod to season 2.

I still think season 8 was bad but still watchable until Hannah Showed up, Hannah single handedly destroyed season 8 and the entire series.

I don't think I would have been so disappointed if she never came back.

Back