Dragon's 1/6 scale Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

Before I even try, how did you get the boots on?

You gotta heat them up?! I know Dragon is all about providing a solid kitting up experience for collectors, but I wouldn't have been upset had they put the boots on the figure :lol

I didn't have any problem getting them on with a little force. I actually thought that was the easy part. Getting those stupid latches to attach to the backpack however was another story...took me over an hour.

Yeah, I had the feeling the boots would slip on without heat.

And yes, the rest of the futzing is a lot more work than the boots. :exactly:

I finally got around to putting him together and took a few pics. I own quite a few SSC and HT figures, and this ranks right up there with them.

My only nits are that his eyes aren't quite that detailed; the sculpt is a little soft. And I'm not sure why they did the backpack like they did. The fabric doesn't completely cover it and that pool noodle thing just sort of sticks out. I also couldn't get it to sit right. It looks like it's going to fall off. Maybe one off you guys how has it can give me some pointers. I wish it had came with instructions.

But overall an excellent figure worth the price.

Nice pics Batty! :rock

You have the chest box on wrong. In that last pic I can see you have the upper straps going under his arms. They should be going over his arms. They should be crossing his chest. Take off the box on the front. Flip it around and make sure the straps are forming an "X" not an "=". Then rest in on his chest that way. Bottom part of the "X" goes under his arms. Top part of the "X" goes over his arms.

Hope that helps.

Also, is your under helmet on tight? Mine can be turned easily and simply lifted off. It never clicked into place or anything on mine. :dunno

Impressive picture... looks like the real deal :duff

EyDeo.jpg

Nice pics Batty! :rock

You have the chest box on wrong. In that last pic I can see you have the upper straps going under his arms. They should be going over his arms. They should be crossing his chest. Take off the box on the front. Flip it around and make sure the straps are forming an "X" not an "=". Then rest in on his chest that way. Bottom part of the "X" goes under his arms. Top part of the "X" goes over his arms.

Hope that helps.

Also, is your under helmet on tight? Mine can be turned easily and simply lifted off. It never clicked into place or anything on mine. :dunno

I thought that's what the problem was, but in all your photos it looks like they went under the arms. Oh, well... :lol

And no, nothing I did could get the under helmet to click in place. There's a little slot on the back but I couldn't get it to stay.

Impressive picture... looks like the real deal :duff

Thanks! :duff

I think you can see what I mean about the eyes though. They're a bit flat and lifeless.

Nice pics there Batty, he looks great. I can see what you mean with the eyes, but its a huge improvement on the older ones.

Nice pics there Batty, he looks great. I can see what you mean with the eyes, but its a huge improvement on the older ones.

Thank you, sir!

The eyes are just a minor nit. This figure is amazing.

I was also wondering which direction he wore the watch. Was it over or under his wrist? I couldn't find any clear pics.

After all those pictures... I had to order one. Not sure if I'll leave the golden visor down or up. Guess it depends the headsculpt of Buzz underneath. But man... bummed it doesn't come with a base. How am I supposed to even stand him up no a shelf? Is he pretty stable? Would a Hot Toys stand work for him?

After all those pictures... I had to order one. Not sure if I'll leave the golden visor down or up. Guess it depends the headsculpt of Buzz underneath. But man... bummed it doesn't come with a base. How am I supposed to even stand him up no a shelf? Is he pretty stable? Would a Hot Toys stand work for him?

No stand is needed. With those huge boots he stands pretty well on his own.

lol! Any chance of a video or additional pictures clearly illustrating how? I'm clueless now, and I'm worried I'll be clueless when he shows up! I tried reading the post from the last page, but it's confusing me!

I actually thought the eyes looked pretty good:

P1150058.jpg

P1150071.jpg

My only complaint would be that they are maybe too light of a blue.

I thought that's what the problem was, but in all your photos it looks like they went under the arms. Oh, well...

Yeah, looking back on those pics I can see that you can't really see the straps. One of them is barely visible in this pic (upper left - his right):

P1150092.jpg

And no, nothing I did could get the under helmet to click in place. There's a little slot on the back but I couldn't get it to stay.

Yeah, I could get the back half of the helmet to fit into that slot, but once they are together in one piece it will not click into place. Glad it's not just mine. :D

I was also wondering which direction he wore the watch. Was it over or under his wrist? I couldn't find any clear pics.

I haven't put mine on yet, but here's the reference I'm gonna use:

LifeCover.jpg

Not even sure if that's Neil though...

Awesome. Lastly... how are the instructions? Is it easy to figure out how to connect the hoses?

The backpack hoses are pretty straight forward. There are three hoses on the left-hand side of the backpack and three inserts on his left-hand torso. There are two hoses on the right-hand side of the backpack, and two inserts on his right-hand torso. So there is really only one way they can hook up.

There are no instructions. That's why I had a problem attaching the backpack. :lol

Yeah it's the backpack which really threw me, until I realized that the chest box is what holds it in place.

lol! Any chance of a video or additional pictures clearly illustrating how? I'm clueless now, and I'm worried I'll be clueless when he shows up! I tried reading the post from the last page, but it's confusing me!

Maybe Maglor can post some pics. I haven't fixed mine yet.

Disregard my earlier post about it with all the "=" and "X" stuff, I wasn't looking at the figure when I gave those instructions. Here's pic of how the straps criss-cross:

P1150118.jpg

And they attach to the backpack like so:

P1150119-1.jpg

The only question I still have is what is the purpose of this thing that comes out of the left-hand side of the box:

P1150120.jpg

Is mine the only one that has the frayed string coming out of the end like that?

I did check and this weird hose on the box (what I think Batty was referring to as the "pool noodle") is long enough to wrap all the way around his torso and kind of tuck into the box wrapping on the other side, so I might just do that...

Back