Duel of fates Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a small company, less than 30 people, and the owner is a long time friend of the family and many of my co-workers are good friends/family, nothing would ever happen that would be dealt with so I have no fear. Even the cleaning lady is a relative of the owner so if something went missing it'd get taken care of. I'm sort of a Freak to my colleagues anyway, no one has any interest in my stuff, though they do recognize its quality.

Sounds like a good place to work. :D

Hmm, 'fraid that might be a bit big. My shelves are only 12" deep. I'll have to get out the tape measure tomorrow. :monkey3

I will wait untill next week to see the whole thing before desiding but it looks like it could be the one to make me collect the dio line.

At the moment, I have a real problem with the pose, it looks as though Maul is kicking Qui Gonn, but it doesn't seem to convey any force in the kick. I'll have to see one or two more pics before I pull the trigger.

D

PS,
if it's as good as obi vs Ani then just go ahead and sign my name now!

Okay, having slept on it -- Sideshow made me stay up until 3.30 AM for this preview! :google -- I'm still as excited about this piece as ever. Qui-Gon is nailed, Obi seems sculpted from a well-known still taking place in the hangar, and both appear to be just right on the money.

It's Maul doing the splits that seems a bit off, what with him apparently doing a split at a perfect right angle -- and his upper torso seems very stiff for this kind of a martial arts move -- but this might be a function of the angle of the shot as much as anything.

What's not as apparent as last night is that this might be a scene in the Generator Room. But if it is, then the base might be semi-circular, and allow for a logical way to pose the piece on the shelf. And this leads me to thinking that Sideshow might have included a generator beam background, with a light-up option as an exclusive, and all of this would cost a very pretty penny.

Hahh... Nahhh. It's just going to be a bronze exclusive, and it's all going to be just $300. HOPEFULLY.

Last edited:
Only as far as displaying my collection, I'm bored to death and tired of it, but I need to get some affairs in order before applying elsewhere. Hence why I'm on here now posting during work hours lol.

Sounds like my job! :lol

If it is just a plain base like yoda vs. dooku I expect a $300 price point but with the elaborate Treachery of Saruman for LOTR I am kind of expecting something hugeish.

That's what I figure, next week sometime. Seems like most previewed items like PF's and LSB busts and such that aren't PPO go up on Newsletter night.

That's what I figure, next week sometime. Seems like most previewed items like PF's and LSB busts and such that aren't PPO go up on Newsletter night.

That's what I'm hoping for anyways. We have a game next Thursday but its only a game thats like 30 mins away. I should be home by 8:30 or so.

I wouldn't worry about it selling out that night, but if you want I can place and order for you Josh.

I wouldn't worry about it selling out that night, but if you want I can place and order for you Josh.

Yeah, I might do that or have Pix if he's around and wouldnt mind. The newsletter isn't usually up till 9pm but I'm more worried what the exclusive might be if there is one.

Yeah, I might do that or have Pix if he's around and wouldnt mind. The newsletter isn't usually up till 9pm but I'm more worried what the exclusive might be if there is one.

Faux bronze?... 1 of only 100, perhaps?:monkey3

Faux bronze?... 1 of only 100, perhaps?:monkey3

That's about it, I can't imagine Exclusive versions of the dios, other than the faux bronze variant or maybe Domestic Web Exclusive or something, but not extra items.

Based on what we've seen of the post, I don't think this one would look so impressive as faux bronze.

Back