Ebay Trickery Woahs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny that his actions are one of the reasons why people are avoiding eBay and why he is getting less bids on his stuff.

Yeah I noticed that as well, funny how he's auction says "IT IS BEING RE-LISTED DUE TO A DEADBEAT BIDDER. PLEASE DO NOT USE "BUY IT NOW" IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO PAY!!!!!!!!!"

and he's the deadbeat bidder LMAO!!!!

Heck, recently I've seen the same seller (not this seller but another deadbeat) re-list this stupid Grey Hulk PF without any pics and only stock pics for the 18th millionth time, I keep coming across it every time I'm out there searching...

p.s. note to self I've notice in the past if anyone is re-listed because of deadbeat bidder and states it in their auctions, something is up, be careful with this!!!

Tell the seller you'd be happy to buy it at $455.50 + shipping, which was the last bid increment before the flake jumped in and ran the price up :)

As a seller on eBay (not for THIS auction, thankfully), I'd actually find this acceptable.

Tell the seller you'd be happy to buy it at $455.50 + shipping, which was the last bid increment before the flake jumped in and ran the price up :)

As a seller on eBay (not for THIS auction, thankfully), I'd actually find this acceptable.

yep that's what i'd do. and if he says no then you know he's a scammer, if you don't already:lol:lol

that's what happened when i have bought stuff after a real bidder backs out, i offer what my last bid was before he had joined the auction. and if the seller is legit he usually takes it.

just another case how scambay is for the seller, they don't give a sht about the purchaser.

But see at this point I wouldn't want this seller to have my money, like I was saying now it's not about the $$$ it's about ethics/principle!

NOW IT'S PERSONAL!!!
bigtrouble_screenshot.jpg

Unfortunately shill bidders aren't the only thing to contend with. There's also the "investors" who try to buy everything ever made in multiples, and the hogs who run the prices up to ungodly amounts and still want more! Ebay certainly deserves its slangname of evil bay.

Hmmm, I've seen this multiples collecting/investing that you speak of!

Edit: deciding if I should report this dude!

Last edited:
A couple bids just in on this auction, I wonder if this jstone239 will bid again on it towards the end of the auction!??!?!? :dunno

WOW, your freaking right! I didn't think about looking at his other auctions, what a MF'er!!! I want to take this guy down but I don't know how to...

WOW, your freaking right! I didn't think about looking at his other auctions, what a MF'er!!! I want to take this guy down but I don't know how to...

Just contact ebay and tell them. Give them the info you have. Unfortunately, my experience is that the sellers have a LOT more protection on ebay than the buyers have.

Just contact ebay and tell them. Give them the info you have. Unfortunately, my experience is that the sellers have a LOT more protection on ebay than the buyers have.

Well guys I reported the f'er!!!! LOL

Here's my log with the operator, she also had me e-mail her the message that was sent to my Inbox from the seller and then report it on their eBay shill bidding link.

Just for future references guys, this could be useful for us Freaks to protect each other: https://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...%A0Shill+Bidding&instruction=&expirationDate=

4:32:03 PM System
Initial Question/Comment: ATO
4:32:09 PM System
Thank you for contacting eBay Account Security Live Help! Your feedback is important to us. Please take time at the end of this chat to fill out a brief survey letting us know how we did today.
Manny B. has joined this session!
Connected with Manny B.
4:32:31 PM Manny B.
Hello and thank you for contacting Account Security Live Help, my name is Manny B. How may I help you?
4:33:02 PM d_sucharski
Hello there, how r u? I wondering about reporting something that might sound suspecious...
4:33:23 PM Manny B.
Please share with me.
4:33:27 PM d_sucharski
I have a feeling that one of the auctions that i took place in was actually a shill bidding seller.
4:33:44 PM d_sucharski
if I provide u with information is there a case?
4:34:04 PM Manny B.
I will surely look into it
4:35:10 PM d_sucharski
basically right after the auction I received an e-mail that stated that the winning bidder actually does not have enough $$$ to pay for the item and I have a second chance if I'm still interested.
4:35:30 PM d_sucharski
Funny thing is that i immediately received this e-mail within seconds of the auction ending...
4:36:07 PM d_sucharski
Here is the auction:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

Seller is: vacboi81

Buyer is: jstone239

Jstone239 feedback: https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...d=180286008738

The only buyer for jstone239 is vacboi81
4:36:19 PM Manny B.
Can you please provide me with the item number.
4:36:27 PM d_sucharski
yes hold please
4:36:34 PM Manny B.
Is it 180286008738 ?
4:36:36 PM d_sucharski
4:36:38 PM d_sucharski
yep
4:36:54 PM Manny B.
Let me check into it, Dave.
4:36:57 PM d_sucharski
it has been relisted as well 110289021619
4:37:17 PM Manny B.
I will look into that too.
4:37:19 PM d_sucharski
I have other auction listings to provide other auctions that have been shilled also...
4:38:53 PM d_sucharski
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41256&page=4
https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=110265907804
https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=110278215841
https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=110274116008
4:39:01 PM d_sucharski
all same seller and buyer
4:39:13 PM Manny B.
Thank you for providing this information.
4:39:26 PM d_sucharski
Would u like me to send u an e-mail that he sent me...
4:40:14 PM Manny B.
This is a very vital information for us to make eBay a safe , secured and a better e-commerce site.
4:40:14 PM Manny B.
Yes.
4:40:34 PM d_sucharski
What e-mail can i forward to, I still have it in my eBay inbox
4:40:39 PM Manny B.
I am sending you a link, you can report regarding it to us through that link.
4:40:46 PM d_sucharski
Or what e-mail would u like me to forward to?
4:40:52 PM d_sucharski
k
4:40:59 PM Manny B.
You may only mention the item numbers.
4:41:07 PM d_sucharski
k
4:41:07 PM Manny B.
I am sending the link.
4:41:16 PM d_sucharski
k
4:41:24 PM Manny B.
ttp://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html
4:41:49 PM Manny B.
*sorry, it is https://
4:41:54 PM d_sucharski
got
4:41:56 PM d_sucharski
got it
4:42:04 PM Manny B.
When you open this page,
4:42:17 PM d_sucharski
https://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...%A0Shill+Bidding&instruction=&expirationDate=
4:42:26 PM d_sucharski
I think I'm in the right spot
4:42:31 PM d_sucharski
Is that right...
4:42:34 PM Manny B.
Yes.
4:42:44 PM d_sucharski
Cool, thank u very much
4:43:14 PM Manny B.
We must thank you, Dave for being a very proactive user.
4:43:52 PM d_sucharski
I do appreciate this, I would like to safely bid on eBay... and remain to bid with confidence as well!
4:44:06 PM d_sucharski
these types of auctions make it hard sometimes
4:45:03 PM d_sucharski
I will start submitting with the information that I've provided you on this link.
4:45:04 PM Manny B.
Yes. And we are also working along with our genuine members to make eBay a better place.
4:45:32 PM Manny B.
Sure. We would appreciate it and be waiting for it.
4:45:39 PM d_sucharski
Is there anything else I can do, I guess u really can't attach a e-mail to this HTML page though?
4:46:29 PM Manny B.
No. You won't be able to attach.
4:47:03 PM d_sucharski
I'll just c 'n p for know, hopefully this auction doesn't mislead others...
4:47:04 PM Manny B.
Just mention the item numbers, and rest will be done by our team.
4:47:08 PM d_sucharski
K
4:47:14 PM d_sucharski
Thanks again for all ur help
4:47:34 PM Manny B.
I will immediately notify our department handling these issues.
4:47:56 PM Manny B.
And this chat is also documented so they can access it.
4:48:17 PM d_sucharski
Yes I hope so, then they have more of a story behind this incident.
4:48:26 PM d_sucharski
Thanks again and have a good day
4:48:43 PM d_sucharski
Yes please use this conversation as documentation, totally fine with me
4:48:45 PM d_sucharski
lol
4:48:59 PM Manny B.
Thanks to you too and have a great day.

The deed is done!!! :emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor

Good for you Skiman and thanks for helping out others (like myself) who may fall victim to incidents like this. We appreciate it! :rock

Back