Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my replacement tie today! Yay! all is good and it's fabulous on display.

I don't ever see getting off the wing bolt caps again, as they were tight putting them on. They have a finality to how tight they were. So I guess I can't sell it ever. ^_^

Congrats, as I said a fantastic studio scale. One of my favorite items in my collection. You could have sanded down the wing caps a bit. I did it for mine when a friend told me how hard it was for him to take them off. Now it is easier.

Congrats, as I said a fantastic studio scale. One of my favorite items in my collection. You could have sanded down the wing caps a bit. I did it for mine when a friend told me how hard it was for him to take them off. Now it is easier.

Putting those caps on was one of the more nerve racking experiences I've had as a collector lol.

Putting those caps on was one of the more nerve racking experiences I've had as a collector lol.

Know what you mean. Glad my friend told me ahead about this. In fact a few other collectors posted on RPF about this as well. I have sanded the interior part and even added a tiny bit of silicone oil to fit better. Worked like a charm :)

Still wish the pole was clear acrylic like Icons did many years ago for the TIE Fighter, or at least black. Never got myself to repaint it though. One day maybe... The Icons Death Star base is also beautiful.

Got my replacement tie today! Yay! all is good and it's fabulous on display.

I don't ever see getting off the wing bolt caps again, as they were tight putting them on. They have a finality to how tight they were. So I guess I can't sell it ever. ^_^

Congrats on getting a nice piece. eFX did a great job on this one, I almost picked one up but past. My loss. I've heard stories about the wing bolts and it seems they are a nerve-racking experience.

I'm really considering getting one of these but my absolute favorite Imperial ship is the Interceptor. Does anybody make Interceptor wings that are compatible with the regular TIE pod? I figured I could have it as an Interceptor for now and when/if eFX finally decides to release the one they've been building, turn it back into a regular TIE Fighter.

If not, are there any reputable guys that can make a SS TIE Interceptor? I was gonna try asking the RPF too bit those boards are pretty slow.

I'm really considering getting one of these but my absolute favorite Imperial ship is the Interceptor. Does anybody make Interceptor wings that are compatible with the regular TIE pod? I figured I could have it as an Interceptor for now and when/if eFX finally decides to release the one they've been building, turn it back into a regular TIE Fighter.

If not, are there any reputable guys that can make a SS TIE Interceptor? I was gonna try asking the RPF too bit those boards are pretty slow.

This might be of help too besides RPF: https://www.modelermagic.com/

TIE Interceptor

04fe8a3feb2b63755a90c81a90cf1203

There was an Icons TIE Fighter for sale on ebay some time ago (didn't sell for the big price asked). It is a very nice ship but as we know it's less accurate than the EFX. Plus the eidition number is 3 times bigger (1977 as opposed to 657 EFX). The plus are the cool Death Star base and the clear acrylic pole. If some day there will be one for sale in EU with a nice price I might cave in and buy it.

0.jpg

More pics:

Thanks, TRD. That's beautiful and I sent them an email. Hope the price for a completed one isn't too bad.

Did you ever hear back from these guys? Can you share the estimated price for a completed model please, and do you recommend this company?

Did you ever hear back from these guys? Can you share the estimated price for a completed model please, and do you recommend this company?

I received pricing on some other models but I believe it would be similar.

01/10/15

"I do offer the Cloud car and Escape pod. The cloud car is like 28" wide and approximately 20" long very large model. Cloud Car is a $2000 build with engine and cockpit lights. 4 weeks completion. The Escape Pod is the same no lights $2000 4 weeks completion. I have a web cam so you can follow along with the build and paint. Price includes kit cost. thanks for the interest."

I received pricing on some other models but I believe it would be similar.

01/10/15

"I do offer the Cloud car and Escape pod. The cloud car is like 28" wide and approximately 20" long very large model. Cloud Car is a $2000 build with engine and cockpit lights. 4 weeks completion. The Escape Pod is the same no lights $2000 4 weeks completion. I have a web cam so you can follow along with the build and paint. Price includes kit cost. thanks for the interest."

Thanks so much for the info. I have my eye on more than of their models.

If a cloud car is $2000 I think a tie interceptor will be much more if accurate. A cloud car kit is only around $400 and a basic paint job compared to other kits.

Look what I got today. :yess: Gotta love a low number like 27 too. This thing is amazing. It makes a lot of my collection seem like toys lol.

Great piece you got there! I am thinking about picking one up as well. Do you mind telling me how much it costed you?

Thanks!

Back