Enterbay HD-1002 Enter the Dragon full 1/4 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

I just found that both of my Masterpiece EB BL HD ETC, 1002 and 1003, are bent.

The 1002 is remarkably bent to the side and down. I removed it from the base to inspect damages and now it's impossible to put the figure in the base again. I can't take out from the foot the crome peg either. I used a hair dryer with no success.

The 1003 is slightly bent backwards.

As the center of gravity is moving out in both statues, I guess that the problem will be worse little by little until some part breaks.

An official seller/distributor of EB just told me "it is just PVC" when I asked about these problems.

(A very nice person, though).

Both statues were bought a year ago, mint, put in a shelf far from sun light and occassionaly covered with a very light white handkerchief or kitchen paper when I felt too busy or lazy about cleaning. Today I removed the protection and found both statues in bad shape.

The question is:

-do you know an Enterbay e-mail to report problems?

-do you know if they can fix damages?

I will appreciate advices. Thanks.

Hi there,

I just found that both of my Masterpiece EB BL HD ETC, 1002 and 1003, are bent.

The 1002 is remarkably bent to the side and down. I removed it from the base to inspect damages and now it's impossible to put the figure in the base again. I can't take out from the foot the crome peg either. I used a hair dryer with no success.

The 1003 is slightly bent backwards.

As the center of gravity is moving out in both statues, I guess that the problem will be worse little by little until some part breaks.

An official seller/distributor of EB just told me "it is just PVC" when I asked about these problems.

(A very nice person, though).

Both statues were bought a year ago, mint, put in a shelf far from sun light and occassionaly covered with a very light white handkerchief or kitchen paper when I felt too busy or lazy about cleaning. Today I removed the protection and found both statues in bad shape.

The question is:

-do you know an Enterbay e-mail to report problems?

-do you know if they can fix damages?

I will appreciate advices. Thanks.

Enterbay most likely won't help this far down the line. Their contact address is on their website though if you want to try that.

I've found its often a combination fo the figure and the wooden base.

With the Way of the Dragon statue, simply propping a small (less than 1 cm thickness) book under the back of the stand has provided enough forward lean on the base to compensate for the statue wanting to lean back. Its been like that for 6+ months now with no change.

With the Enter the Dragon statue, buy the Woody 1/4 mirror base dio from OneSixthBruce. My statue never stood as well from day 1 in the cheap Enterbay base as it does in that giant dio .....sure its an expensive fix but it changes a good statue into a centerpiece of your collection :)

.....or just super glue those suckers directly into the base to keep them there :)

FYI - I eventually used steel plyers to yank that metal rod out of the foot of HD-1002.

Enterbay most likely won't help this far down the line. Their contact address is on their website though if you want to try that.

I've found its often a combination fo the figure and the wooden base.

With the Way of the Dragon statue, simply propping a small (less than 1 cm thickness) book under the back of the stand has provided enough forward lean on the base to compensate for the statue wanting to lean back. Its been like that for 6+ months now with no change.

With the Enter the Dragon statue, buy the Woody 1/4 mirror base dio from OneSixthBruce. My statue never stood as well from day 1 in the cheap Enterbay base as it does in that giant dio .....sure its an expensive fix but it changes a good statue into a centerpiece of your collection :)

.....or just super glue those suckers directly into the base to keep them there :)

FYI - I eventually used steel plyers to yank that metal rod out of the foot of HD-1002.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the advices, Sab.

I could not believe this: a statue that can't hold itself. From collectible to junk in a few months.

I wrote a polite letter to Enterbay (customer service), just to see what happens. :monkey1

Now I'll take note of your words and see what I can do. The main problem is that I can't fit the 1002 in the base again, whatever I do. I felt that I could broke something if I insisted in pulling out the metal rod.

(...What is a steel plyer?)

Anyways, thanks a lot.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the advices, Sab.

I could not believe this: a statue that can't hold itself. From collectible to junk in a few months.

I wrote a polite letter to Enterbay (customer service), just to see what happens. :monkey1

Now I'll take note of your words and see what I can do. The main problem is that I can't fit the 1002 in the base again, whatever I do. I felt that I could broke something if I insisted in pulling out the metal rod.

(...What is a steel plyer?)

Anyways, thanks a lot.

pliers ...sorry...its Monday morning here and I hadn't had my coffee :)

OnesixthBruce's wooden dio will have its own base so you can get rid of the Enterbay one.... though yes, there is a big cost there to get that, but definitely worth it !

Ah, steel pliers, that makes sense, thank you.

I used a couple with no effect, other than hurting hands, making some odd noises and scratching and peeling the metal rod.

I really wonder how does Enterbay check their engineering: materials, weight, etc. Insulting.

Anyways, thanks again for your help and patience, Sab! :clap

Just brought this statue and something appears to be wrong with the way it stands, it leans too far over. The lead leg doesn't look right, as far as I can tell it hasn't been repaired or anything. Is there any adjustment on it? I a worried it will break if I start messing about with it. The seller is adamant it is OK but it clearly isn't. Any advice would be appreciated.

NkabZFA.jpg

Xw8bL92.jpg

1NxPdFb.jpg

LYP6wnQ.jpg

Leg has somehow bent, reading above it looks like a few people have had this happen to theirs! Question is can this be reversed, Leg be straightened?

his back leg has always had a slight bend to it(to get that iconic pose)mine is still fine and upright after all these years,but some have had some bad leans on theirs.
it could be that some had some QC issues but no one can confirm this.yours does look like the back foot isn't quite flush in the base or not fitting right.
as this is a vinyl statue maybe heating the leg with a hairdryer might work,if your feeling lucky,whether that will alter the fitment to the base is another thing as straightening the leg may make the gap too wide.

You can see just a few posts up I’m talking to a guy about this 5+ years ago.
Both of the EB PVC statues are long since gone from my collection at this point!
The PVC these were made with isn’t strong enough, bending and warping over time, especially the PVC pegs that are part of the feet and lock into the base.

Thanks for the advice, this is the warped leg. I wonder if anyone has any success in bending the leg? I was thinking of putting him back on the base and applying a small amount of heat with a Hair Dryer and try straightening the leg.

LYYmsju.jpg
u4SClXx.jpg

I had used a hair dryer and bent the legs back to its original form 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back