Flex pay changed, pick the day and how many months

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quantity count? As in the max amount one can order of any particular product?

-SideshowAlex

Do SS intend to provide more flexibility on the more expensive items. For example you could have 4 payments for an item which costs $450 and only 5 payments for something which costs $1500-$2000?

To SideshowAlex!

Why I can pay HT Mark I in 7 payments but not Gollum PF? I really want to get Gollum but if I could do 7 payments on him, I would get him today....

Thanks

Loving this change!

Sure I'd like to be able to stretch some of the more expensive pieces over a few more months, but this is a great step forward!

FlexPay is now more flexible!

Thank you, Sideshow!

:clap

No. Lets say there is an ES of 500. When someone orders one, the ES goes down by one therefore it will then show 499. I think this would help a lot of buyer out if they want it right away or not. The current low qty alert bar is not accurate at all or does not work probably.

Big Bad Toy Store has a very accurate system (It doesn't post the qty). If you select (example) 20 & the system only has 15 qty, it actually tells you how many they have left. It's a flawless system they have going on there.

Gotcha! Currently the low quantity bar will only initiate on pages when the quantity left is 100 or less. It will automatically switch-on for Pre-Order items but In-Stock items typically has been a more manual process and as such not all products are caught (though if I've seen particular products brought up here that people do not see an alert bar on those have been taken care of as quickly as possible). In VERY rare occasions that low quantity bar will disappear from pages (even if said page is updated manually) if there are only 1 or 2 pieces left.

Do SS intend to provide more flexibility on the more expensive items. For example you could have 4 payments for an item which costs $450 and only 5 payments for something which costs $1500-$2000?

That is certainly something being looked into, yes and should be implemented soon. I unfortunately, have no specific date as to when it will actually be put into place.

To SideshowAlex!

Why I can pay HT Mark I in 7 payments but not Gollum PF? I really want to get Gollum but if I could do 7 payments on him, I would get him today....

Thanks

This relates somewhat to Bullseye comment above. Items and the amount of payments for each are being evaluated and any changes should be put into place soon. Again, sorry, I have no specific date to give as to when it would be put into place though.

-SideshowAlex

Look at it this way.
5 items on order, shipping all at once?
5 items on order, billed a little at a time, over 5 months, and makes all 5 items fit into your monthly budget.

Or just put the same dollar amount each month into a savings account and when they are ready to ship make the payment. The payments are the same, you have control of your own money, and you don't risk being penalized for cancelling the item.

Alex, thanks for the information and tell the Powers That Be that we appreciate these changes! :wave

Or just put the same dollar amount each month into a savings account and when they are ready to ship make the payment. The payments are the same, you have control of your own money, and you don't risk being penalized for cancelling the item.

This has been talked about a few times already.

I for one don't like and probably won't hand over $500 in one go on one dolly/statue, Even if I put the money away each month and the end of 3/4 mth I still need to make the transaction to SS.

Using Flex Sideshow get my money each month and I don't need to worry about spending it on something else if I had the lump, And regret it later.

Last edited:
This has been talked about a few times already.

I for one don't like and probably won't hand over $500 in one go on one dolly/statue, Even if I put the money away each month and the end of 3/4 mth I still need to make the transaction to SS.

Using Flex Sideshow get my money each month and I don't need to worry about spending it on something else if I had the lump, And regret it later.

So its a psychologocial tool used to manipulate you into buying something you otherwise wouldn't?

So its a psychologocial tool used to manipulate you into buying something you otherwise wouldn't?

No.

Flex pay lets me have more items that may go out of stock if I bought one at a time, This way it allows me to buy the items I want without the fear of them going out of stock.

This is really great news for some people! I think I am going to stop using Flex pay unless there are just too many statues at once that happen to come up.

I do want to still get a couple of PF's that I haven't pre-ordered, but I may get both of those elsewhere since their ex pieces are just prints. If that's the case, I wont need fp.

BUT, I look forward to possibly needing extensions for the future!

Just don't go flex pay if you think you might cancel? :peace :dunno

don't know about your bank, but iv'e got a minimum amount i've got to keep in my savings, AND a maximum number of times i can pull money from it per yearly quarter.

rather just give it to sideshow and be done with it.

How come you can't Wait List Flex Pay anymore?

I just had a WL convert that is suppose to be flexed... and now it isn't saying flex pay as an option. I would have cancelled it if I knew they planned on taking the lump sum.

I also had a preorder for flex pay and it no longer states whether it is to be paid at installments. And by the looks of it they want the full price at once.

What do we do now with previous preorders that where flexed as a payment option ??? :panic::panic::panic:

I just had a WL convert that is suppose to be flexed... and now it isn't saying flex pay as an option. I would have cancelled it if I knew they planned on taking the lump sum.

I also had a preorder for flex pay and it no longer states whether it is to be paid at installments. And by the looks of it they want the full price at once.

What do we do now with previous preorders that where flexed as a payment option ??? :panic::panic::panic:
They should give u an option to go Flex or not especially if u have a lot of orders getting charged soon. This lump some payment can be a real deteriote if someone wants a statue but can't pay all at once.

They should give u an option to go Flex or not especially if u have a lot of orders getting charged soon. This lump some payment can be a real deteriote if someone wants a statue but can't pay all at once.

There site us really messed up at the minute :gah:

The Ultron PF on flex pay says $108.33 over 3 months, But when you add it to your basket it changes to $162.50 over 2 months and that's the only option :slap

There site is really starting to get on my nerves now, It's so ____ed up its comical.

I give up with it :thud:

Back