Geil's humble beginnings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it still summer???
Dang I missed my target again...
But finally have parts to do my lighting, here is a quick test setup....
photooct27204047.jpg

Argh me too ROTFL
I hope to have the area cleaned out today so I can put together the structure and maybe a few shelves

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Lol ok I actually have some time off so besides daddy day care I finally got the parts together start working to get my shelf redone. This is just the lighting test I did to decide what parts to use for what purpose. Each shelf will essentially be bottomed lit with CCFL lights and top lit with RGB 5050 LED strips (setup in likely 4 rows across). Total I will have 4 shelves. Lots of light but should not be too much electricity and I can power them down individually. Now let me work on it instead of typing ;)
In retrospect I should not have posted what I did and just done it and the. Post pictures ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

thasnks, slooooow sloooooow progress today
p1010627o.jpg

Again more tests really... had to try my idea on how to mount the side panels. back is done... the side is to see if I prefer that to be white as well or transparent with the other two sides....... white sure makes it all even brighter..
had to use my dslr for the above shot but it sure ids bright enough even for my iPhone
photooct31191313.jpg

oh for sure.. I just had to make sure this is what I want, like lighting, white vs transparent panels, shelf height etc, cause ones I cut the acrylic I would potentially waste material if I change my mind...
Also only realized now that one shelf has same display surface as an entire detolf :D so I can relocate my detolfs for super large TDK dedicated display space under my TV again

Last edited:
thasnks, slooooow sloooooow progress today
p1010627o.jpg

Again more tests really... had to try my idea on how to mount the side panels. back is done... the side is to see if I prefer that to be white as well or transparent with the other two sides....... white sure makes it all even brighter..
had to use my dslr for the above shot but it sure ids bright enough even for my iPhone
photooct31191313.jpg

Great Great Job; Geil :goodpost:

Thnaks Colossus!
Hey Dude I never see you posting in the other sections anymore?

Next update will be next week as I need to order more acrylic to finish this... also need to figure out how to close the top or build it up to the ceiling...... Luke's Weather Vane has me reevaluate this part :p
After this case the coffee table needs to be extended and finalized for a large Star Wars setup and then on to the TDK case and then maybe I start making cases for ppl here again :p

Thnaks Colossus!
Hey Dude I never see you posting in the other sections anymore?

Next update will be next week as I need to order more acrylic to finish this... also need to figure out how to close the top or build it up to the ceiling...... Luke's Weather Vane has me reevaluate this part :p
After this case the coffee table needs to be extended and finalized and then on to the TDK case and then maybe I start making cases for ppl here again :p

I have been Off World for about a month, see you around my Friend and again Great Job

That new update is looking completely awesome. Looking forward to the completed project and you are giving me some great ideas on future projects for myself as well.

Finally worked on my Granas coffee table(s) ... had to get that done first before it gets too cold to spray paint the mdf panels in the garage ... almost done, just need to add lighting.

photo1ec.jpg

photo2up.jpg

photo3af.jpg

photo4ldh.jpg

photonov27180106.jpg

Tonight I did a bit on the custom shelf again

photonov30021139.jpg

photonov30021026.jpg

photonov30021013.jpg

OK can barely keep my eyes open and just testing the setup so nothing fiutzed yet

Back