Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the UK makes their space films, then you can have your UK space aliens.

So Guardians of the Galaxy then, since it's being filmed here :lol

And even if it wasn't, storytelling doesn't need to be limited to the place where you shoot the movie or who finances it.

Wolverine is taking place in Japan because of the story. Slumdog Millionaire is a British made movie set mostly in Mumbai :dunno

Last edited:
Wasn't *****ing, just an opinion.

An Alien crash landing somewhere other than the US on film would be historic.

X-Men DOFP is getting more international which is great.

Its petty. Did you hear anyone *****ing that Dredd wasn't shot in the US even though thats where the entire movie was supposed to take place?

About every other superhero movie that comes out anymore has some shooting done in the UK, I could at least understand the sentiment if you were from some place that never has filming done, but really?

Not about filming it's about having the story not restricted to one continent, especially involving Aliens.

Man of Steel and Avengers had Aliens attacking only one country, Abin Sur crashed in the US and his ring only had to fly a few miles to Hal Jordan, it wouldn't added more chosen one aspect if he crashed someplace else and the ring chose Hal after flying thousands of miles to find him.

This trope was even parodied in Monster vs Aliens...

News Reporter: Once again, a UFO has landed in America, the only country UFOs ever seem to land in

There was a cool scene of Zod adressing the world in MOS though but the country that the Gravity thing was in (that wasn't Metropolis) was a desolate barren place, no effort was done to show the people on that side of the world.

Of all Marvel movies only #10 out of #28 feature other countries. Most of which are short scenes, prologues or epilogues like Blade in Russia, Magneto in Argentina or Cap out of his jurisdiction in Germany to get Loki.

So why not have whoever crash lands crash someplace other than where they always crash?

I'm not arguing, just stating that more representation of other countries would be welcome. That's part of the reason i'm attracted to The Wolverine movie, it's setting is a refreshing change of pace.

:peace

Last edited:
Not about filming it's about having the story not restricted to one continent, especially involving Aliens.

Man of Steel and Avengers had Aliens attacking only one country, Abin Sur crashed in the US and his ring only had to fly a few miles to Hal Jordan, it wouldn't added more chosen one aspect if he crashed somepalace else and the ring chose Hal after flying thousands of miles to find him.

This trope was even parodied in Monster vs Aliens...

There was a cool scene of Zod adressing the world in MOS though but the area that the Gravity thing was in (that wasn't Metropolis) was a desolate barren place, no effort was done to show the people on that side of the world.

Of all Marvel movies only #10 out of #28 feature other countries. Most of which are short scenes, prologues or epilogues like Blade in Russia, Magneto in Argentina or Cap out of his jurisdiction in Germany to get Loki.

So why not have whoever crash lands crash someplace other than where they always crash?

I'm not arguing, just stating that more representation of other countries would be welcome.

:peace

Oh gotcha, you were talking about the story taking place, since you mentioned the shooting taking place I thought you meant you wanted more principal shooting going on.

You'd better hope for an Excalibur spin off from the X-Men I guess. :dunno
But like I said about Dredd, why isn't he based in the UK? Even his book takes place in the US. :lol

One of the very few Superheroes we got and you poach him, bloody 'mericans

:lol :lol :1-1:

I would've loved to have been an extra in this but missed the boat :(

Up until a couple years ago, I always thought Mega One was London. the first time I seen it referenced as New York was I think in the cover of a graphic novel.

So Guardians of the Galaxy then, since it's being filmed here :lol

And even if it wasn't, storytelling doesn't need to be limited to the place where you shoot the movie or who finances it.

Wolverine is taking place in Japan because of the story. Slumdog Millionaire is a British made movie set mostly in Mumbai :dunno

But made by America, funded by America, directed by an American, with an American cast.

Teh movie is American. And will be American.

When the UK makes their space films, then you can have your UK space aliens.
bane-dark-knight-rises-action-figure.jpg

And here I thought there would be some actual news and perhaps some awesome setphotos, promotional stuff or whatever...

And why wouldn't they? An alien invasion movie here in The Netherlands would suck major *****. Not much to destroy, not much to fight back...

There's a possibility it could work, but only if it was made by other people than Dutch people.
An actual Dutch alien invasion movie taking place here would be a disaster.

Back