Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (silly thing version)

The third pic really does it for me. All those rusty details. This is in my priority list as well.

From recent comments by Robert Downey Jr. it seems like the suit is being retooled for Iron Man 2. Most likely nothing too drastic although with Iron Man they could get away with it....but I guarantee that if there are anything like the small alterations that were done in the Spider-Man films, it'll be enough to warrant new figures from HT and diehards will be all over the way that Star Wars diehards can explain the subtile changes of Vader's costuming from one film to the other. Never say never but I have a feeling you'll never see this on screen.

One thing though, anyone get a firm street date on this? Its just repainted so the only thing is to release and whether or not it'll be exclusive overseas? I haven't found any real hard information other than a post on a foreign site saying "coming soon".

Nothing firm so far, Mike. In the Milk magazine's article, it says it will be available around June-July in the Silly Thing shop. They have a number of the shop written down as well, perhaps call them and ask? I'm sure they can speak english fairly well, although if you speak Cantonese, that'd be even better.

But I'm guessing that unless you are going to the SDCC or HK and queue at the Silly Thing shop for yourself. Your only chance would be getting these from ebay.

The HKers loves this type of limited stuffs. They'd gladly wait and/or in some extreme cases, set up tents just to be the first one to buy these. Not to mention that there's gonna be plenty of flippers that'd bring their friends, mom, dad, sis whatever to queue with them, and buy these since most of these limited items usually have a "1 piece per customer" policy.

I have a cousin there, but I'd doubt he'd wanna wait in line for a few hours just to get me these. So I guess I'm just gonna get these from the bay, or fly there myself:duh

I was really hoping for this variant to come up :monkey2

Pictures courtesy from OSW which took it from Chung's blog.

james.

I was really hoping for this variant to come up :monkey2

Pictures courtesy from OSW which took it from Chung's blog.

james.

Just get him to do one for you, mate!

Although I think it's fairly easy to do. Just tie up the mark 3 at the back of your car, and go in circles for bout 15 minutes, in a constant speed of around 30KM/Hour and voila!

You have yourself a BD mark 3!

:rotfl

SDCC, here I come...

This one will go great with my:

IMG_2720.jpg

Who would sell this at SDCC?

I'm planning on displaying the mark 1, 2 and 3, along with this, lined up. With Tony in front, thinking of which suit he's gonna wear.

Sad thing is, that versions like these are usually the ones that fetch big bucks years later. :lol

I bought the Mark III at a local retailer and I also have the Mark I and Mark II on pre-order with SS. I probably will skip this one. In my opinion, this version is too similar to the Mark II.

Sad thing is, that versions like these are usually the ones that fetch big bucks years later. :lol

Sunnystudio (ebay) has a pre-order for $320.00 (buy now price). :horror

I love my IM figs but not dropping $400 (shipping) for a single fig who isn't even my favorite character. I find a more realistic price, I may change my mind and purchase. If they all go for $300 - $400, I will pass.

wow, that's a lot. I might as well buy another mk2 or 3 and repaint one to the color I like. screw silly thing's choice of color.

so.. where do you buy sdcc ex like this? I've only bought SS ones before.

wow, that's a lot. I might as well buy another mk2 or 3 and repaint one to the color I like. screw silly thing's choice of color.

It is a "silly" price. I hope the price is the exception not the norm. I would like to add it to my collection but I cannot convince myself into spending that amount on a toy. Oddly enough, I look around my "play room" and there is a lot of dough invested here. I have to have some limits to ease my conscience :D

I never like HT's 12 inches IM because of its inaccurate shape, too skinny torso. Their artists should have more research before sculpting.

It is a "silly" price. I hope the price is the exception not the norm. I would like to add it to my collection but I cannot convince myself into spending that amount on a toy. Oddly enough, I look around my "play room" and there is a lot of dough invested here. I have to have some limits to ease my conscience :D

Yeah, looking around my space does makes me feel like a nut who spend too much money on toys as well. :lol

Yeah, looking around my space does makes me feel like a nut who spend too much money on toys as well. :lol

Yea but the wife is happy. No more softball turnies and hanging with the guys. I spend time with the family and my hobbies keep me home so win win.:D

By Pre Order, I guess what they mean is that they know approximately how many people they have to send to queue up in from of the Silly Thing store, by the time this fig releases right?

Sunnystudio (ebay) has a pre-order for $320.00 (buy now price). :horror

I love my IM figs but not dropping $400 (shipping) for a single fig who isn't even my favorite character. I find a more realistic price, I may change my mind and purchase. If they all go for $300 - $400, I will pass.

Back