Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (silly thing version)

I actually like this over the MKII :) But price alone won't let me get it. Just too much.

Should I buy this? I one hand it looks awesome, on the other hand its a pointless repaint of something I already have... hm... Well i guess I can PPO and make up my mind later...

How much is it?

I'm just basing the price of the MKIII. I can't afford another one of those, so I can't afford this guy. :monkey2

I need to spend money on different collectables... not versions of ones I have (thats what the wife tells me :) )

The other distributed pieces were $159.99, I would assume it'll be the same pricepoint for Attendees but will probably be $169.99 for Non-Attendees. I'm also predicting that the ES for this will be low because its originally a Store Exclusive.

Depends on price...but I should be getting this...

Pic from Toyworld
ironmangray.jpg

I see a gray color from behind Tony
:D

I thought the terrorists recovered Mark I and that was used to make Iron Monger?

Anyway, I think Primer Iron Man rocks!!

Then Obi took it back to Stark Industries (Pepper sees it and says "I thought it would be bigger" referring to Iron Monger). Tony happens to own that place so its not too far fetched that he could have gotten it back at that point.

I thought the terrorists recovered Mark I and that was used to make Iron Monger?

The terrorists recoved the Mark 1 then tried to reassemble it themselves. When Obi came in and took care of business he brought it all back to Stark Industries to get them to repeat the technology only to Stane's specs. They couldn't figure out how to replicate the Arc Reactor which is why he went after Tony. After the battle looking at the frames from Iron Man 2, Tony regained the suit and put it in his armory.

Yeah, that is the Mark I and Mark II that was in Iron Man I :rolleyes:

If you look at the non BD Mark 3 its slightly different as well. The leg armor doesn't have a much red and the torso looks slightly different. According to Favreau he was toying with the idea of a full Iron Man armory in Iron Man 1 before going on to an origin story, so I'm interested to see how far it goes now.

If you look at the non BD Mark 3 its slightly different as well. The leg armor doesn't have a much red and the torso looks slightly different. According to Favreau he was toying with the idea of a full Iron Man armory in Iron Man 1 before going on to an origin story, so I'm interested to see how far it goes now.

Yeah, I noticed it looks a bit different. More gold on the legs. But too far away to really make out any other differences really.

I wonder how many suits he will have in this film. Just the Mark IV or maybe some specialized ones as well (ie Stealth, Hulkbuster, etc.). And I assume War Machine will finally be in this one too. I mean, Rhodes did say "Next time." in the first film. :D

Favreau confirmed that War Machine will be in it. I'm interested to see what other suits pop out in this as well because they only used three designs for the first film but design six or seven differing suits.

I find it interesting that this wasn't included in the Sideshow TV Podcast.

Back