Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Dude its called competition ..hot toys decided to see if they can outdo enterbays main specialty ..so far it looks like they have not ..but lets see how it turns out.

I know they're trying to compete, but it was still a waste of product. HT should have made a less available and more sought after figure. EB has already released countless Bruce Lee incarnations that are almost perfect.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

I think that is good for our Wallets. A little air to breath till the next great figure... Smooth Criminal.

Hot Toys you sucked it up on this one. You got a little out of your comfort zone on this one made something to try and show up enterbay and failed miserably at that.

So they are left with another waste of a DX figure. Well done... Well done.

Didn't expect this.The Clothing,accessories,relaxed sculpt and backdrop looks fantastic but the BD Scarred sculpt doesn't look Asian at all,and the body doesn't look good,Bruce Lee was thin and not THAT muscular,they really overdid it with the body,kinda looks like a Muscular HE-Man MOTU body,the type you only find on Action figures,the perfect muscular body:slap

Enterbay got the shape of his body right,but then again no one can top Arnie Kim's idea of Bruce Lee.HT can never outcompete Arnie Kim when it comes to Lee,EVER.

-- goes to show how out of touch with the consumers HT is.

An Asian based company celebrates the anniversary of a global icon from their culture by releasing a figure at Ani Con. A license which was successful with another brand (Enterbay) in the same market space. I don't see this announcement reflecting any such thing.:huh

Moreso sour grapes from people wanting Superman, T-800, Jack Sparrow etc. That said, I cannot say it is my cup of tea either but I will consider purchasing it.

Wow guys seriously. I never was able to get an EB version and will try and get this. Lets not get too upset, its 1 release and an Icon of a person. I wish it was Supes but not crying about it.

Oh and I'll say I told u so to those smug fellas who swore up and down it would be superman or rocky or Rambo. HT doesn't care that the Internet has turned their own speculations cannon with no suggestion as to there being any indication anything is true.

Congrats to those that missed out on the EB Enter the Dragon Lee's that goes for 6-700$ these days,you get alot more here like the Mirror Backdrop and 2 heads,and for only 200$(I assume).

Scarred sculpt and the body is my 2 issues with this,the rest look good.

Enterbay has by far a much better likeness.

CW-SIII-evil-bar-glare-01.jpg

enterbay vs. hot toys.....round 2.

remember the godfather.:monkey3

HT- 1
enterbay- 0

seriously, there's still enough time to tweak this figure's handicap....til then:monkey3

Maybe this one won't cost $300+. Be nice to have a really nice BL for $200ish for a change. Don't think the HT watchers saw this coming.
Yeah, I think that is the main positive people can take away (if anything). But really, for collectors willing to dish out $200 for a toy, is an extra $100 going to be the deal breaker? I like that Sideshow and Enterbay are competing with each other, doing versions of the same characters, because it makes sure that they both stay on the top of their respective games.

BUT. . .sucks when that comes at the expense of something that would truly excite collectors like Reeve Superman.

enterbay vs. hot toys.....round 2.

remember the godfather.:monkey3

HT- 1
enterbay- 0

seriously, there's still enough time to tweak this figure's handicap....til then:monkey3

Yeah but i still think the body looks weak to be a BL body and they won't change that.

Wow, very surprised by this announcement. I took a deep breath before opening the HT Newsletter this morning.

Personally I don't really see this figure as being a necessary release. EB has done a bang up job, but I'm sure HT has wanted a crack a Bruce for years; so that's cool for them.

I think the passive head looks great, definitely on-par with EB/Arnie Kim. But the 2nd head looks off. And as others have said the body is way too defined. I'm hoping that can be toned down in production.

As it stands I'll likely stick with my FOF set, but may change camps if the final product looks a bit better.

If you don't want to drop the cash for a Dx or dislike the sculpt, I bet HT will release more BL figures to recoup RD cost with making a new body. Add larger muscles and whammo...Rocky or Rambo figure. Tons of cool direction with such an awesome body type.

THe sculpt is amazing

Forget all these ones, because according to Hot Toys, fans have been anticipating their Bruce the whole time

series.jpg

That was quite a bold statement from Hot Toys during the build up to this figure

Back