Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Pass! More saving up to do to prepare for HT releases that will favor my collection. :)

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Wow! That came out of nowhere! I had no idea HT had any interest in doing this. But as many of you have pointed out, they are a China based company and this is one of their biggest cultural icons, so it makes sense.

I agree that Enterbay's is a little better (based on pictures), but I like how much you get in HT's set (backdrops and costumes, etc), not to mention how out-of-reach the Enterbay version is now. And ultimately, HT did do a great job on the figure. The criticisms here are legit, but I don't think they're strong enough reasons to completely dismiss the figure.

I used to really be into BL when I was younger, but I think I can pass on this unless I were to see it at a great price.

I really like the PERS system. Sure wish HT and SSC would use something similar, it makes such a massive difference in the poseability of the figure.

Well, I'm not a fan of martial arts at all...so this figure is an easy pass for me...my wife and my wallet are happy!!!...

But now let's say the truth...face sculpt is very good, maybe not excellent, but very very good, he is Bruce Lee...but the body looks extremely fake...but overall the figure is ok and as you have mention earlier Bruce Lee is an icon and he well deserves a DX figure...

Being honest Christopher Reeve's Superman is a great character but not as iconic as Bruce Lee globally...so I guess maybe we are going to get a CR Superman in a normal edition, not so soon but maybe in a not so far future...well, take care guys and start saving money....you're gonna need it!

I'm very surprised to see HT tackle Bruce Lee, but as many have pointed out, in retrospective it makes sense.
I like the figure, and I might get it if they revise the body and tweak the head sculpt.

Forget all these ones, because according to Hot Toys, fans have been anticipating their Bruce the whole time

series.jpg

That was quite a bold statement from Hot Toys during the build up to this figure

:lol:lol:lol

Then Failed with their Bruce!

Well, I'm not a fan of martial arts at all...so this figure is an easy pass for me...my wife and my wallet are happy!!!...

But now let's say the truth...face sculpt is very good, maybe not excellent, but very very good, he is Bruce Lee...but the body looks extremely fake...but overall the figure is ok and as you have mention earlier Bruce Lee is an icon and he well deserves a DX figure...

Being honest Christopher Reeve's Superman is a great character but not as iconic as Bruce Lee globally...so I guess maybe we are going to get a CR Superman in a normal edition, not so soon but maybe in a not so far future...well, take care guys and start saving money....you're gonna need it!

You kidding me, right? Superman's been around since 1938! It's the first and greatest comic book character ever created! It's a worldwide icon! Bruce Lee found his fame only after he was dead and has only a handful of movies to prove his extraordinary talent.

So BL is an icon, sure but he's not even in the league of superman!

You kidding me, right? Superman's been around since 1938! It's the first and greatest comic book character ever created! It's a worldwide icon! Bruce Lee found his fame only after he was dead and has only a handful of movies to prove his extraordinary talent.

Bruce Lee found his american fame after he died, but not his chinese and indeed his international fame. He was a star to millions of people long before enter the dragon, man.

The United States is not the end all, be all of the world. Geez.

Superman is just a comic book character. Bruce Lee is respected and venerated worldwide, a REAL icon. He was a superstar already when he was alive.

Tell me you're not serious....

I am,

As much as I love the guy, he had to go back to China to star in movies because nobody would offer him roles worth his talent. He even lost the Kung Fu main part in favor of David Carradine who knew nothing about martial arts (the guy was a dancer).

Then, finally, because of his starting fame in HK, Hollywood offered him ETD... which was released in theaters and finally brought the international fame he so deserved only a few months after his death...

Bruce Lee found his american fame after he died, but not his chinese and indeed his international fame. He was a star to millions of people long before enter the dragon, man.

The United States is not the end all, be all of the world. Geez.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

They should have done Christopher Reeve though, the guy deserves a figure for his excellent portrayal of Superman.

I am,

As much as I love the guy, he had to go back to China to star in movies because nobody would offer him roles worth his talent. He even lost the Kung Fu main part in favor of David Carradine who knew nothing about martial arts (the guy was a dancer).

Then, finally, because of his starting fame in HK, Hollywood offered him ETD... which was released in theaters and finally brought the international fame he so deserved only a few months after his death...

Dude...he was in several international hits before Enter the Dragon. The Green Hornet was called the Kato Show in Hong Kong.

Who gives a crap if racist Hollywood didn't give him the part in Kung Fu long before he started his Hong Kong film career. Enter the Dragon introduced him to mainstream america...but he was already a star in much of the rest of the world. Was Jackie Chan a nobody before Rumble in the Bronx?? Give me a break.

Arnie Kim examples on how the body should look,looks more natural and not muscles popping out like a bodybuilder.

1/4 statue:

Body for the Bruce Lee 1/6 figures:

The HT body doesn't look much better than the body of a 80's He-man figure. Enterbay should be laughing their %ss of seeing this crappy figure.

I am,

Because of racism and the studios thinking an asian actor wouldn't go over well with the public. Get your facts straight.

Back