Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, not unless I can change it back.

Mods I typically do are paper clips in the collars/lapels of figures (Terminator, Two-Face, etc.). Stuffing a suit with cotton to give it a fuller look (DX 09s Joker's collar bone area below the neck, the MMS 155 Begins Batman rib section, etc)

If it's adding things that can be taken away, I'll do it. If it's painting, carving up, or what have you, I won't.

You could buy a second belt.

Anyway, I mainly only mod things I know I'll keep. That's why Joker got a make over and I pulled out those derpy eyes on the DX12. I feel if I'm going to own than I want to be happy with it. Plus, modding is half the fun!

That Joker is fantastic. The headsculpt unmodded looks great, I love it, but yours with Ski is one of a kind and looks pretty much perfect.

My DX 12 I just left alone. I prefer the Bruce Wayne head for the "Hong Kong" jump anyway.

I have pretty much decided to get the Tony Cape, but everyone has got the 1.0 or 2.0 version...I saw in the Tony Meis Cape thread that he now is making the 2.5 version of his 89 batman cape.

Anybody get that version of the cape? What do you think? I have finally given up on futzing with the Hot Toys cape,and i love my Batman too much to let him continue to suffer...

2.5 will be the same with 2.0 the only difference will be the neck stitching. the 2.5 should drape around the chest better.

Tony cape is good probably the best out there. however mine can't lay flat against the chest. especially when the bat log pressed against the cape. not something that can't be fixed with some futzing though.

2013-06-18233921_zpsa3e72d4e.jpg

2013-06-18233943_zpsad009f9b.jpg

Took a bit longer than I thought but there was the problem.

I will never understand the need some people have to share their life online. As sweet as it is, why post it online? To me experiences like that should be shared intimately between father and son, not with a camera set up in an interview style. Everyone is different I guess. :dunno

It's like the Facebook generation, people so busy taking pics and uploading them to share that they don't actually enjoy the experience themselves. I think it's sad. I'm not a psychologist but I would imagine it comes from some deep routed need to feel special/different. Which is part of the human condition I guess. Every time I go to a music gig I'm bombarded with people snapping and uploading, heads down, looking at phones, not the stage. I'm getting old I think.

I had a similar experience with Star Wars recently with my own son. It was a very cool and private moment. Those things don't come around all the time and should be rembered in your heart not online. No offence to Sallah, who seems like a top guy, and as I said the video was very cute.

Last edited:
I will never understand the need some people have to share their life online. As sweet as it is, why post it online? To me experiences like that should be shared intimately between father and son, not with a camera set up in an interview style. Everyone is different I guess. :dunno

It's like the Facebook generation, people so busy taking pics and uploading them to share that they don't actually enjoy the experience themselves. I think it's sad. I'm not a psychologist but I would imagine it comes from some deep routed need to feel special/different. Which is part of the human condition I guess. Every time I go to a gig I'm bombarded with people snapping and uploading, heads down, looking at phones, not the stage. I'm getting old I think.

Well it started back in 1984 I was a farmer with dreams to leave the farm. I often gazed upon the suns as the settled in the west. That’s when my uncle disturbed my thoughts shouting that he was going to turn the power off and for some reason he needed my help…

I just can't get into Facebook. I've heard that people stopped posting to me because they know I never reply. I'm never on. My wife set up the account.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

It's like the Facebook generation, people so busy taking pics and uploading them to share that they don't actually enjoy the experience themselves. I think it's sad. I'm not a psychologist but I would imagine it comes from some deep routed need to feel special/different. Which is part of the human condition I guess. Every time I go to a music gig I'm bombarded with people snapping and uploading, heads down, looking at phones, not the stage. I'm getting old I think.

I had a similar experience with Star Wars recently with my own son. It was a very cool and private moment. Those things don't come around all the time and should be rembered in your heart not online. No offence to Sallah, who seems like a top guy, and as I said the video was very cute.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

"actually enjoy the experience themselves.......actually enjoy the experience themselves.....actually enjoy the experience themselves".

Might be the protocol of the new generation

The experience of having another person experience their experience so that they can send to another to experience……

Pretty easy answer... We do reviews of stuff together on youtube; Have done so for the past 3 years. We have done over 100 reviews, showing the "old collector/ new collector" views on various toys and comics. In many of those reviews, we have talked about 1989 Batman and the plan for Blaze watching it. I have made many "online buddies" through our reviews, and many of those people have been along for the journey with us... waiting for Blaze to get to see it. Many asked if we would be recording it and expressed how much they would love to see his excitement.

Regardless of if we had ever done youtube reviews or not, I would have recorded this just as I did. I will always remember this in my heart... But there is also zero harm in having something you can go back and look at too (especially for Blaze to check out when he is an old man like me). I figured I'd record the time leading up and his reaction, turn it off so we could enjoy the movie together, then flip it back on to show his initial thoughts before turning it off again so we could discuss in depth. None of that came from "a need to feel special", nor did it take away from our experience... It was just enough to give him something to look back on years from now or maybe even show his own kids one day. Remember- We have built this for 11 years. A 5 minute recording hardly kept us "from actually enjoying the experience" since the experience has truly lasted 11 years.

So bottom line- There was going to be a video no matter what. I shared it online for 2 reasons- 1. ) For the many nice folks that have gotten to know us and were excited about Blaze getting to finally see it. 2.) To maybe (corny as it may sound) inspire other Dads out there to try something similar with their kids. I can't tell you how many people have messaged saying how cool it was and how they are now going to do the same (with whatever movie) with their own children. If they get even a fraction of the joy we got out of this, then sharing it was 100% worth it. Not out of a desire for attention or a need to feel special as you allude... But as a desire to share a little happiness in a sometimes bleak world and a hope to inspire others in a small way to maybe try and create their own memories in a similar fashion.

Sallah

Last edited:
Pretty easy answer... We do reviews of stuff together on youtube; Have done so for the past 3 years. We have done over 100 reviews, showing the "old collector/ new collector" views on various toys and comics. In many of those reviews, we have talked about 1989 Batman and the plan for Blaze watching it. I have made many "online buddies" through our reviews, and many of those people have been along for the journey with us... waiting for Blaze to get to see it. Many asked if we would be recording it and expressed how much they would love to see his excitement.

Regardless of if we had ever done youtube reviews or not, I would have recorded this just as I did. I will always remember this in my heart... But there is also zero harm in having something you can go back and look at too (especially for Blaze to check out when he is an old man like me). I figured I'd record the time leading up and his reaction, turn it off so we could enjoy the movie together, then flip it back on to show his initial thoughts before turning it off again so we could discuss in depth. None of that came from "a need to feel special", nor did it take away from our experience... It was just enough to give him something to look back on years from now or maybe even show his own kids one day. Remember- We have built this for 11 years. A 5 minute recording hardly kept us "from actually enjoying the experience" since the experience has truly lasted 11 years.

So bottom line- There was going to be a video no matter what. I shared it online for 2 reasons- 1. ) For the many nice folks that have gotten to know us and were excited about Blaze getting to finally see it. 2.) To maybe (corny as it may sound) inspire other Dads out there to try something similar with their kids. I can't tell you how many people have messaged saying how cool it was and how they are now going to do the same (with whatever movie) with their own children. If they get even a fraction of the joy we got out of this, then sharing it was 100% worth it. Not out of a desire for attention or a need to feel special as you allude... But as a desire to share a little happiness in a sometimes bleak world and a hope to inspire others in a small way to maybe try and create their own memories in a similar fashion.

Sallah

I completely appreciate what you say man, and as I said I thought your video and Intent was very sweet. Thats your call, completely, just not my thing, I would never even post my kids online. Nothing at all wrong with making private videos with the kids to show them a moment in time when they are older, but posting them online is a completely different thing. Those are my personal views and I stick by what I posted. :peace

I completely appreciate what you say man, and as I said I thought your video and Intent was very sweet. Thats your call, completely, just not my thing, I would never even post my kids online. Nothing at all wrong with making private videos with the kids to show them a moment in time when they are older, but posting them online is a completely different thing. Those are my personal views and I stick by what I posted. :peace

Yup, we all have our own views... I love doing reviews with my kids, and they have a blast doing them too. And I think our videos can be a beneficial thing for many other collectors too, and especially parents of collectors. Getting to hear what a kid thinks about such and such toys, which comics are or aren't appropriate for kids, getting involved in the hobby... All of that stuff, to me, is important, especially since we all sometimes forget that most of this stuff was originally intended for their age group in the first place. It might be nice to hear what they have to say about it now and then.

And just seeing a kid get excited about this stuff, as opposed to being plopped down in front of a Halo game? If I didn't have kids, I would love seeing that. I would love knowing that there is still some of the new generation that is as excited about this stuff as I was when I was a kid.

As for "posting my kids online"... I take great comfort in the fact that my son is entering his teenage years and still wants to do reviews of toys and comics with his Dad. The fact that my son WANTS to be seen with his father online? That he isn't embarrassed of me? He could be off wanting to do his own thing... Getting a cell phone, joining Facebook, etc. But nope. He just wants to do geeky reviews with me. I'll take that. I'll take every minute he is willing to give me... And if one of the things he likes doing is reviewing stuff, then heck yeah I'm doing it with him.

As for you questioning me again on why I posted this video online, I already answered that so I don't really know why you are addressing it again there? :dunno The video gives him something to look back on. Nothing changes that. Posting it was to share the joy with others that knew about the whole deal too and to maybe give a nudge to other Dads to try the same. I am still failing to see the harm here that you seem to be viewing? Posting it doesn't diminish our experience... It is sharing it with others in hopes of spreading it.

Again, like you said- views are views. I have to say though that your initial reply in this thread came across a bit like "calling me out". Maybe not intended on your end (that is the internet), but reading it back again, it sure does seem like it.

Sallah

Last edited:
Yup, we all have our own views... I love doing reviews with my kids, and they have a blast doing them too. And I think our videos can be a beneficial thing for many other collectors too, and especially parents of collectors. Getting to hear what a kid thinks about such and such toys, which comics are or aren't appropriate for kids, getting involved in the hobby... All of that stuff, to me, is important, especially since we all sometimes forget that most of this stuff was originally intended for their age group in the first place. It might be nice to hear what they have to say about it now and then.

And just seeing a kid get excited about this stuff, as opposed to being plopped down in front of a Halo game? If I didn't have kids, I would love seeing that. I would love knowing that there is still some of the new generation that is as excited about this stuff as I was when I was a kid.

As for "posting my kids online"... I take great comfort in the fact that my son is entering his teenage years and still wants to do reviews of toys and comics with his Dad. The fact that my son WANTS to be seen with his father online? That he isn't embarrassed of me? He could be off wanting to do his own thing... Getting a cell phone, joining Facebook, etc. But nope. He just wants to do geeky reviews with me. I'll take that. I'll take every minute he is willing to give me... And if one of the things he likes doing is reviewing stuff, then heck yeah I'm doing it with him.

As for you questioning me again on why I posted this video online, I already answered that so I don't really know why you are addressing it again there? :dunno The video gives him something to look back on. Nothing changes that. Posting it was to share the joy with others that knew about the whole deal too and to maybe give a nudge to other Dads to try the same. I am still failing to see the harm here that you seem to be viewing? Posting it doesn't diminish our experience... It is sharing it with others in hopes of spreading it.

Again, like you said- views are views. I have to say though that your initial reply in this thread came across a bit like "calling me out". Maybe not intended on your end (that is the internet), but reading it back again, it sure does seem like it.

Sallah

"Calling you out" on what mate? What would be the point? You can do whatever you feel is appropriate in your own life. Trust me, I have two small kids of my own to worry about. I was simply giving my opinion on some folks need/wish to post everything online. I respect your opinion but it's not mine. I feel it's better to keep intimate family experiences private, that's just the way I live my life.
:peace

I see it as sort of an online hobby photo album really.

It's not like Sallah is documenting his kids 24/7 and posting them up everywhere for all to see. No, he's making these great little Batman collection reviews that his kids seem to enjoy partaking in. If they didn't like it, I doubt they'd want to be on camera.

The only personal, personal moment that was shared was his son's reaction to finally seeing Batman for the first time. Not getting his wisdom teeth pulled, or surgery, birthdays, holidays a school outing, you know REALLY personal stuff. It's relevant because they do these great, in-depth toy reviews and have bought it up on occasion. It's BATMAN.

They'll be able to look back on youtube and say, "yeah, we did that, that was special". I never thought it was doing it for the sake of doing it for everyone to see, but sharing it for those that would be interested. The reviews are great for archiving and educating people that are interested in these lines first and foremost. I see no problem with it. There will probably be a day where they'll be like, "the hell with this, we're looking for girls" and that's it. Why not make the most of it while you can? They can see how you set up lighting, taking pics, learning how to use the camera, communication, you know, all that good stuff.

Now personally, I'd never post my family or anything online. I don't even have a facebook. But those reviews, the reaction to seeing a movie you're excited about seeing for the first time? I see no harm in it, I think that's great.

Now personally, I'd never post my family or anything online. I don't even have a facebook. But those reviews, the reaction to seeing a movie you're excited about seeing for the first time? I see no harm in it, I think that's great.

Why wouldn't you?

"Calling you out" on what mate?

Since you asked... Here is what I see as "calling out".

I will never understand the need some people have to share their life online.

Stating this in this thread in reference to me implies that this is what I am doing. I am not "sharing my life online". We do toy/ comic reviews online. I posted a video of my son seeing Batman for the first time that I have referred to MULTIPLE times in said videos. That is it. I am not posting their first potties, them eating breakfast, bedtime stories, etc etc etc. Right off the bat, you take what I did to an extreme, regardless of what you intended in your statement.

To me experiences like that should be shared intimately between father and son, not with a camera set up in an interview style.

Again- An implication that this is what I did. We shared this for 11 years. Talking about it, looking at videos, checking out cards & magazines, etc. We watched the movie with no camera on us "interview style". The only time the camera was on was for those brief bits you saw... Probably 5 minutes total. Your statement is implying we had no intimacy in this experience and it was simply a interview camera setup. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

Rorywan said:
...people so busy taking pics and uploading them to share that they don't actually enjoy the experience themselves. I think it's sad. I'm not a psychologist but I would imagine it comes from some deep routed need to feel special.

Again- Stated in a response towards what I did with my son, this implies that I am in this group. You have no idea how much or little enjoyment we got from this, nor how much having the brief 5 minute video of it affected that (it had none btw). Yet you felt the need to throw this in as almost a judgement that it had a detrimental effect on our experience.

Those things don't come around all the time and should be rembered in your heart not online. No offence to Sallah....

And yet again... Responding to the video with this comes across that we just shared this online and not in our hearts. Far, far from it. Sharing it online (I won't state those reasons a third time) in no way takes it from our hearts. That is just silly.

I did like the bit about "No offense Sallah" though... Kinda hard not too when your whole post is basically saying "you did this as a need for attention and can't possibly have enjoyed the experience since you shared it online". Yeah... None taken! :dunno

And even yet again, you state "I am just commenting on people's need to post everything online"... When you are saying all this to a guy that posted a video of his kid seeing Batman for the first time, this comes across as saying that is what I am doing in life. Which I am not. If you have a stance against that, fine. I too think it gets out of hand with many people... I don't believe I am anywhere close to that in what I did though and didn't warrant the soapbox moment from ya.

Sallah

Last edited:
Back