Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

Yeah, that's the stock cape de-wired. There are others here that have the same set up and the way they futz theirs makes mine look like poo. :lol

But yeah, I really like the de-wired cape.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I think mine just started leaking.

calvin-hobbes-batman.jpg

That sux man.

Abs, elbows, shoulders, knees, back... oil everywhere. And it's sticky.

I just cant remember if it was always like that or not. Been a while since I looked at it. Im guessing it was.

One of mine is slightly tacky and glossy I guess, but it's always been that way since day one. Maybe that's what you're feeling bloodgear? It's really noticeable along the thighs and upper arms where the rubber is the thickest/strongest. No oil or leaking anywhere though and it certainly isn't dry or cracking.

It was the first one I ever bought from Sideshow and I actually prefer it to the others (I bought a few extra bodies cheap too just in case I ever had problems). It has a nicer sheen and just feels better overall.

Yeah, it feels different, I guess you could say "sticky" but there doesn't seem to be any problems. I think that's just the quality of the rubber. It doesn't gather dust, it holds it's poses, the cape (original and Tony Meis) doesn't stick, the belt doesn't have oil underneath, nor do the gauntlets. It's not grey, or dull, it's not too glossy. I just chalk it up as the suit.

It's certainly not like the crappy MMS 155 Begins exclusive. That **** keeps peeling and I don't even touch it. I keep it in a nice acrylic case and it still manages to gather even the slightest amount of particles in the air. It's a thin, tacky piece of crap.

Not too worried about this DX 09, it really seems high quality and I don't say that about most rubber figures. It was about time that they put a fabric suit underneath the rubber suit so that the rubber didn't hug or come into contact with the true type. My OC Batman, Toy Fair, and DX 02's knees are shot. I'm guessing the suit doesn't help much (even though this is common on others like Harvey Dent) with the cheap knee rings not having enough room to breath which causes deterioration (sort of like the ankle boots). Keep in mind I haven't even posed them since I first got them.

Who knows though. Maybe one day our DX 09s will be a melted mess. Until then, my very first version from the first Sideshow batch and the later versions (that shipped out in the spring) from CSC have no problems. Just that very first one has that sheen/"sticky" feeling that's been there since day one. Other than that, no "leaky abs", no oil under the belt, no oil under the cowl, and it looks the same as when I first got it. No idea.

Yeah, mine seemed a little wet on the back a few months ago. I mean I could squeeze it and feel the moistness but I couldn't actually see any leaking. I think that has gone away too. I should check.

One of mine is slightly tacky and glossy I guess, but it's always been that way since day one. Maybe that's what you're feeling bloodgear? It's really noticeable along the thighs and upper arms where the rubber is the thickest/strongest. No oil or leaking anywhere though and it certainly isn't dry or cracking.

It was the first one I ever bought from Sideshow and I actually prefer it to the others (I bought a few extra bodies cheap too just in case I ever had problems). It has a nicer sheen and just feels better overall.

Yeah, it feels different, I guess you could say "sticky" but there doesn't seem to be any problems. I think that's just the quality of the rubber. It doesn't gather dust, it holds it's poses, the cape (original and Tony Meis) doesn't stick, the belt doesn't have oil underneath, nor do the gauntlets. It's not grey, or dull, it's not too glossy. I just chalk it up as the suit.

It's certainly not like the crappy MMS 155 Begins exclusive. That **** keeps peeling and I don't even touch it. I keep it in a nice acrylic case and it still manages to gather even the slightest amount of particles in the air. It's a thin, tacky piece of crap.

Not too worried about this DX 09, it really seems high quality and I don't say that about most rubber figures. It was about time that they put a fabric suit underneath the rubber suit so that the rubber didn't hug or come into contact with the true type. My OC Batman, Toy Fair, and DX 02's knees are shot. I'm guessing the suit doesn't help much (even though this is common on others like Harvey Dent) with the cheap knee rings not having enough room to breath which causes deterioration (sort of like the ankle boots). Keep in mind I haven't even posed them since I first got them.

Who knows though. Maybe one day our DX 09s will be a melted mess. Until then, my very first version from the first Sideshow batch and the later versions (that shipped out in the spring) from CSC have no problems. Just that very first one has that sheen/"sticky" feeling that's been there since day one. Other than that, no "leaky abs", no oil under the belt, no oil under the cowl, and it looks the same as when I first got it. No idea.

You know I think it probably is that. It just caught me off guard when I picked it up and went to clean it a bit. My hand definitely felt oily afterwards.
It was a slight panic moment last night upon discovery. I will get pictures up when my phone's charged and I'm discovered to be a fool. :slap

I know this is off-topic, but I figure some fellow Burton Bat-fans in this thread might get a kick out of it...

After waiting almost 11 years to show it to him, my oldest son Blaze finally got to watch the 1989 Batman film yesterday! I have been building up the excitement for this viewing literally since he was born in the hopes of making an event out of this 24-year-old film... just like it was for me at age 11 way back in '89! The video in the linked post at my blog shows his reaction to the surprise viewing, my reasons for waiting him to be this age, and his initial thoughts after viewing it. Enjoy!

Showing My Son Blaze The 1989 Batman Film For The First Time...

Sallah

Damn you're a strict dad! I watched batman and returns a thousand times before I turned 7. I just watched them both again yesterday, let the kid watch returns!!

Damn you're a strict dad! I watched batman and returns a thousand times before I turned 7. I just watched them both again yesterday, let the kid watch returns!!

? It isn't about being strict... It is about creating an experience with my kids, building momentum and creating a memory out of a 24-year-old movie- So that years from now, when he is an adult with his own family, he'll look at that film and remember the years we spent together talking about and building it up, the road leading up to it, etc. I can't think of a better way to share something that meant so much to me growing up than to make it into an experience for him growing up. All those other DVD's he watched throughout his childhood? Sure, he might remember them fondly because they were good, fun films... But Batman? Hopefully, he'll remember the experience more than anything and think fondly of his ol' Dad, even after I'm gone.

And as I said in the video, I felt like 11 was a really great age for it: Old enough to understand more than just what was on the surface, but young enough to see it through the imagination of a kid. He understands the psychological divide of Bruce Wayne/ Batman... but can still reenact the movie with his toys later.

And yes, he is going to watch "Returns" soon... Probably in a week or two. But again, it is something we'll do together as an experience between father and son.

Sallah

Back