Hot Toys - MMS 111 - John Connor (Final Battle Version)- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it's not ... Crye Precisions tactical vest don't have them. I've never seen a tactical/survival vest that incorporates a built-in weapons grip/pad ... What would be the point ...

Really...... I have. I have seen several companies make them. Not saying they work, but they are out there. Let just say that I have personal experiences to back my claims up and I have seen alot of different materials that companies put on tactical vest for stock retention and that is exactly what this is. Anyone that has worn an assault vest for an extended period of time knows how difficult it can be to keep the stock of the weapon in the pocket of your shoulder with some vest designs. This particular "shoulder pad" is designed to keep the weapon in the shoulder and stop it from slipping off of the vest when you are engaging a target, not to absorb any recoil.

Last edited:
Are you guys sure about that?, I mean look at this rig below..has two of them, it looks more like a grip to help sustain your rife while in shoulder mount position.

USARMYFCS26.jpg

I thought this was obvious.
For starters, the location is awkward.
Secondly, there aren't enough "keys".
Third, there isn't any lettering.
Most importantly, it would be far more efficient to use a laser keyboard instead. All you need with those is a flat surface.

So, it's a rubber grip to help hold the rifle. :rolleyes:

its pretty basic stuff, i thought it was just common knowledge :rolleyes:
hey valfar that pic of the arm keyboard thing, is that 1/6? its hard to tell these days :lol
or does anyone know if there is one out there?

its pretty basic stuff, i thought it was just common knowledge :rolleyes:
hey valfar that pic of the arm keyboard thing, is that 1/6? its hard to tell these days :lol
or does anyone know if there is one out there?

Yeah, made by Soldier Story.
Again, based on its location alone, one could gather its function.
TS2.png

TS3.png

TS4.png

Really...... I have. I have seen several companies make them. Not saying they work, but they are out there. Let just say that I have personal experiences to back my claims up and I have seen alot of different materials that companies put on tactical vest for stock retention and that is exactly what this is. Anyone that has worn an assault vest for an extended period of time knows how difficult it can be to keep the stock of the weapon in the pocket of your shoulder with some vest designs. This particular "shoulder pad" is designed to keep the weapon in the shoulder and stop it from slipping off of the vest when you are engaging a target, not to absorb any recoil.

What companies and vests would they be? Were they military grade vests? Got any old NSN's for them? I can't find an NSN assigned to a vest mounted grip of any description.

As you probably know ... stock grips are the only real option for anything serious ... mobility, ambidextrous operation, and reducing potential dangerous snag points are the reasons for that choice.

It's BS to suggest that you need a vest mounted shoulder grip to reduce fatigue and fire any weapon accurately ... :lol

That said, I took a good look at the movie and it's just for looks and nothing more ... the Hot Toys photos had me going for a minute, though. The position and look of it made me think keyboard, and the 'pull-the-dot' fastener looked like a thumbstick ... :duh :lol

So it's just a prop grip that fills that boring spot on his vest ... I would still rather think of it as an WRK, though ... much cooler ... :D

I thought this was obvious.
For starters, the location is awkward.
Secondly, there aren't enough "keys".
Third, there isn't any lettering.
Most importantly, it would be far more efficient to use a laser keyboard instead. All you need with those is a flat surface.

So, it's a rubber grip to help hold the rifle. :rolleyes:

That particular vest just features collarbone armour ... nothing new about that.:lol

Flat surface? Laser keyboards aren't much use to a soldier in a dirty war zone ... Also, the 'bad guys' can/will see you ... wink:

i can dig it, makes it look "functional" i guess, my favorite battle dress has to be Crye future combat systems, so awesome :D
I just wish connor wore the vest in the movies, i mean if i had humanoid machines with BIG guns shooting at me, a leather jacket or combat shirt wouldnt seem to be enough

What companies and vests would they be? Were they military grade vests? Got any old NSN's for them? I can't find an NSN assigned to a vest mounted grip of any description.

As you probably know ... stock grips are the only real option for anything serious ... mobility, ambidextrous operation, and reducing potential dangerous snag points are the reasons for that choice.

It's BS to suggest that you need a vest mounted shoulder grip to reduce fatigue and fire any weapon accurately ... :lol

That said, I took a good look at the movie and it's just for looks and nothing more ... the Hot Toys photos had me going for a minute, though. The position and look of it made me think keyboard, and the 'pull-the-dot' fastener looked like a thumbstick ... :duh :lol

So it's just a prop grip that fills that boring spot on his vest ... I would still rather think of it as an WRK, though ... much cooler ... :D

Interesting, albeit wrong guess. This might quell the fires a bit:
Ballistic Shoulders - Like the flanks, the shoulders are also armoured. They're rigid, pre-shaped, and also about .5" thick, without the removable pads. A row of webbing runs over the top of the shoulder, and a stock-lock (rifle butt catch) is attached to the front of each shoulder. The stock-lock is molded of firm, slightly rubbery material, and with a 'tread' pattern on the front surface. The raised sides prevent the butt from slipping off the shoulders. I've tried shouldering my rifle and it feels pretty stable. The ballistic shoulders can also be had without the stock-locks. Chassis ride height is adjusted by swapping out the shoulder pieces with a different size.
Different shooters will position the rifle butt in different places on their shoulder. I shoot with my shoulders more square to the target whereas someone might be more bladed. At first, I found that my rifle butt was best on the inside of the stock lock, half on and half off. I'd have liked the stock lock to be farther inboard. I mentioned this to Caleb and he offered up what should have been an obvious solution: Adjust the rear lace so that the flanks are farther apart so the front can be pulled closer together. It worked. The inboard-outboard position of the stock locks can be adjusted about an inch, by varying the ratio of the distance between the front and rear flanks
https://www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye3.html

i can dig it, makes it look "functional" i guess, my favorite battle dress has to be Crye future combat systems, so awesome :D
I just wish connor wore the vest in the movies, i mean if i had humanoid machines with BIG guns shooting at me, a leather jacket or combat shirt wouldnt seem to be enough

Yeah, I bet Hot Toys were slightly underwhelmed with the look that the movie costume designers went with ... HT's really knows how to makes some good looking military equipment ... JC's choice of attire doesn't really provide much in the way of protection or flame retardantancy ... definitely wouldn't be my choice of gear .... I think he still looks pretty cool in the movie, though.

:confused: WTF are you talking about?! :lol

firefly thread... anyways yeah, i think it looks cool but i also think mcg should have had the resistance wearing some bullet proof vests and things, i think john connor would have looked cool if they at least gave him a crye vest, to match the pants.. :D

firefly thread... anyways yeah, i think it looks cool but i also think mcg should have had the resistance wearing some bullet proof vests and things, i think john connor would have looked cool if they at least gave him a crye vest, to match the pants.. :D

Yeah, some heavily 'kit bashed' OITV or MCAV would have looked good ... But ...

Back