1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened my set up. All I could do was hold Chewie and smile like a crazy 7 year old kid like I did in '77 (albeit a huge difference in quality to the 3/4 Kenner lol) I futzed the head for a few minutes, no brush, no pastels, I was in a very happy place. I was also very happy with Captain Solo.

Figures of the year for me.

Tweeked some more with the fur. It was tricky loosening the fur from the chin area. I think I got it.

I used to have loads of pastels, but can't find them. Doh!

441440f90eb7007c1e44324ef176b237.jpg
e6d487e210076c1557afd088a8a48e36.jpg
4b67e784efe25682be9b4303e1b65fac.jpg

Attachments

• PA270070.jpg
    PA270070.jpg
    943.6 KB · Views: 326
  • PA270066.jpg
    PA270066.jpg
    960.5 KB · Views: 332
  • PA270068.jpg
    PA270068.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 333
Last edited:
baf4da2539901eab1d9df11da0557c83.jpg
gots my chewie and he came lighter than expected and i agree I was giggling when i held chewie. Hehehehehehe

No futzing yet and i think i'll be touching the chin part only for now and then some pastel stuff.

Gonna be a busy weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Chewie came about three days ago, and I didn't open it because I'm packing to move out of state. Yesterday, I remembered that I haven't even had a glance yet, so I opened the box- only to find it had NO BANDOLIER & SATCHEL. I contacted SS, and I'm sure they'll take care of it. In the meantime, it occurred to me that the satchel might be a good place to keep the extra set of hands and the headset... I wonder of it would make the bag look to puffy, or if it would fit just right. I'll have to wait until I HAVE ONE to find out.

Satchel is pretty small, could maybe fit just a hand, maybe two. Headset seems too fragile to me to shove in there, plus i think the whole thing might be glued shut.

I have messed with this figure for about an hour futzing the body and the head. I just cant get the face anywhere close to my liking. And im trying. I may need to set it aside for a while and come back to it but the one thing that I think that is just wrecking this sculpt is the mouth. Its been said before but closed mouth should have been used. I'll keep futzing it and if I can get it closer to my satisfaction I will pursue trying to lighten it in places with either pastels or paint. Btw my chewie is very very dark haired all the way around.

I have messed with this figure for about an hour futzing the body and the head. I just cant get the face anywhere close to my liking. And im trying. I may need to set it aside for a while and come back to it but the one thing that I think that is just wrecking this sculpt is the mouth. Its been said before but closed mouth should have been used. I'll keep futzing it and if I can get it closer to my satisfaction I will pursue trying to lighten it in places with either pastels or paint. Btw my chewie is very very dark haired all the way around.

Use some photo reference, B. Picking out the hair under the chin and along the sides of the head/cheeks and down the sides as it frames the neck helps a ton.

Use some photo reference, B. Picking out the hair under the chin and along the sides of the head/cheeks and down the sides as it frames the neck helps a ton.

I am rich. And I have picked the hair out from under the chin. Like I said I just probably just need to step away from it a bit........:lol
In my opinion I think the facial features should have been enlarged/exaggerated just a smidge more as I think they may have made the sculpt a bit more futzable. I like it but not loving it............maybe in time.......:pray:

have to agree on the mouth. It's a somewhat derpy look - flat along the top and the bottom lip sort of sagged open, teeth not quite right. It would have been nice if they had done swappable mouths - a roar mouth and closed mouth, but I guess we need to be thankful for what we got.

It's odd about the fur color - opening mine, it was lighter than I expected, but I think it's really a cup half full/empty thing, because I'm 100% sure there's no variation. Mine looks much exactly like the pic on the previous page (chobits.) After taking a look at the movies in the past few days, Chewy's face (especially ESB and ROTJ) really is a quite light reddish brown with a dark moustache and dark hair on top. Comparing this to the movies, it really is a lot too dark, but my guess is 1/6 scaled fur only comes in a few shades.

We should all take a pic of our Chewys standardized with the same distance from the same Ikea bulb wattage and compare fur color.:lol

Yeah it does take some doing to downplay the goofy looking mouth and expression, but once you get the hair futzed out enough that does become less noticeable (and painting the lips a browner color helps quite a bit as well).

I am rich. And I have picked the hair out from under the chin. Like I said I just probably just need to step away from it a bit........:lol
In my opinion I think the facial features should have been enlarged/exaggerated just a smidge more as I think they may have made the sculpt a bit more futzable. I like it but not loving it............maybe in time.......:pray:

Awe, damn. :( I guess Chewie can't be everything to everyone. The mouth area does tend to be the weakest spot, IMO.

Post some pics later. Maybe there's something you're missing???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Chewie came about three days ago, and I didn't open it because I'm packing to move out of state. Yesterday, I remembered that I haven't even had a glance yet, so I opened the box- only to find it had NO BANDOLIER & SATCHEL. I contacted SS, and I'm sure they'll take care of it. In the meantime, it occurred to me that the satchel might be a good place to keep the extra set of hands and the headset... I wonder of it would make the bag look to puffy, or if it would fit just right. I'll have to wait until I HAVE ONE to find out.

Probably a stupid question, but you did check the whole box right? The bandolier/satchel is in the tray underneath the figure.

Have to run to work so I can't really play with him to much. So far first impressions... Chewie is an outstanding 1/6 figure. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445989358.365672.jpg

Back