Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dscf1474i.jpg

Is about as P1 as i made my classic look. Didnt have patience to add the mini wires to the plasma cannon, though i did on the bio. And i didnt have any little tiny quills i could of put on his chest or shoulder & his a$$ pouch. I want a full on Jungle Hunter

VERY NICE :love

Figure-wise, the face is different and there are also some other differences, in the shoulder cannon, pouch, absence of bone trophies, and some other minor differences. I personally can't see P1 in it, even after a conversion, although it is very similar. But if you can see P1 in it and wish to use it as such, just do it. What matters is that we enjoy them and like them. I myself prefer the old P1 and in that one I do see P1, and I have both of them.

In the movies their differences are greater.

Right, forgot about the shoulder cannon. The marketing of NECA's "Classic" got to me, I forgot about the stuff that you couldn't simply take off :lol.

That and Classic isn't as well-acted as P1, but then again he did put up a pretty good fight against Berserker before being decapitated.

That and Classic isn't as well-acted as P1

The Predator acting in Predators is the worst of any Predator film. Not saying it's bad acting, just bad in terms of what us 'die hard' Predator fans think a Pred should act like.

but then again he did put up a pretty good fight against Berserker before being decapitated.

Debatable.

The Predator acting in Predators is the worst of any Predator film. Not saying it's bad acting, just bad in terms of what us 'die hard' Predator fans think a Pred should act like.

Really? I was under the impression that AVP was the worst-acted Predator flick. Then again I've accepted that those were more warriors than hunters.
Plus the Super-Predators were meant to be the equivalent of 'roided-out psychos tweaked out of their minds and thirsty for blood.

Debatable.

He still got his ass handed to him on a silver platter, but he did get the drop on 'Zerker a couple times. Not that I want to defend him too much; his animatronics and suit stunk smelly butt. I preferred the AVPs to him, personally.

Really? I was under the impression that AVP was the worst-acted Predator flick. Then again I've accepted that those were more warriors than hunters.
Plus the Super-Predators were meant to be the equivalent of 'roided-out psychos tweaked out of their minds and thirsty for blood.

Scar has his cool little mannerisms and moments, and the cool jump and spearing of the Queen. The Predators Preds felt more like generic monsters (which they were kind of meant to be) then true Preds, although they did look cool design wise.

his animatronics and suit stunk smelly butt. I preferred the AVPs to him, personally.

This will always cloud my judgement on him and the film, no matter how much of a fight he put up.

The AVP Preds seem to have their own fan club these days too.:rock

The Predator acting in Predators was so bad because it was overdone by the way berserker screamed and moved, like playing a monster. When you look at the original Predator and Predator 2 you see that Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator is moving athletically and more like a hunter. His moves look natural and not overplayed and same goes for the peformance of Ian Whyte in AVP and AVP-R.

I just love the scene in AVP when he is crouching, picking up the Xeno slime and instantly turning his head backwards checking if theres something behind him. That's the movement of a clever being, always using his senses.

Well, they were different than the regular Predators. One thing I've thought of is that they did use dogs, possibly because they were to aggressive to capture their prey without assistance. That's just my thinking, and I've never been a huge Predator nut, so I could be very wrong.

Hey guys sorry to be a noob here but I'm looking at getting into these and wanted to get the new versions.

I know the new scar that came out is a remake.

But I also saw on sideshows site that they have the classic predator and the city hunter, are these part of the remake or old line?

Sorry again for the question.

Hey guys sorry to be a noob here but I'm looking at getting into these and wanted to get the new versions.

I know the new scar that came out is a remake.

But I also saw on sideshows site that they have the classic predator and the city hunter, are these part of the remake or old line?

Sorry again for the question.

Classic looks very similar to the Predator from the first movie, but he's actually from the 2010 film. The City Hunter is part of the remake line.

I'm hoping for a quarter announcement in around 3 months. That'd be ideal...I bet it's the first Predator though, which will be kind of a bummer as the NECA is so fresh in mind. I'd much rather see a 1/4 Scar, Wolf or Berserker as the first release...

I might stay away from 1/4 scale until I am settled down with a job in one place as current job requires moving about.

Only one I am tempted by at the moment is the HT Endo 1/4! Looks so good.

Im hoping for a Elder to be released in 4th quarter of next year.

God, I can't wait for P1 and Dutch in 1/4. All other preorders at the time of their release will be instantly dropped for them, if needed.
Only the most diehard P1/Dutch fans would do such a thing. :duff
I'd do the same, assuming Hot Toys gets the likeness right on the headsculpts. I no longer question their paint app.

Not a chance.
A 1/4 P2 at this point would only hurt the sales of their 1/6 P2.

Nah, they don't release them so fast! First of all they must announce it so they can do it with a announcement of the 1/4 P1 and as time passes they announce the 1/4 P2, simple as that and it's not long till the City Hunter gets released so there is plenty of time between the releases/announcements.:wink1:

Back