Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19.jpg

Just added this cool figure to the CTR Photo Archive.

Cool Toy Review's Hot Toys Watchmen Photo Archive

If no one buys her because they want to see if they continue the line, then there's no chance that they will continue the line....

If no one buys her because they want to see if they continue the line, then there's no chance that they will continue the line....

Well then Hot Toys should plan their lines better. Im not in this hobby because Im a completist or have to own figures from every movie I ever liked. If the figure is nice and I dig the movie then Ill buy it. If HT is going to base a line on the popularity of one character that is not really that popular then they need to change their business plan because they are going to have problems. So I disagree. I hope HT is smarter than that. But I guess we will see wont we.

I agree - they should plan their lines better.

But they don't.

I thought it was a no brainer that they would release Rorschach because that would be the smart thing to do - but now I'm not convinced they'll do the smart thing.

Me personally - I've never been into the "one or two characters a line" thing. If I like the movie, then 99% of the time that means I like more than one character and want more than one character to be made. I would be in for all six Watchmen because I love it that much. I would have been in for more Pirates figures, even though I don't like the sequels.

I agree - they should plan their lines better.

But they don't.

I thought it was a no brainer that they would release Rorschach because that would be the smart thing to do - but now I'm not convinced they'll do the smart thing.

Me personally - I've never been into the "one or two characters a line" thing. If I like the movie, then 99% of the time that means I like more than one character and want more than one character to be made. I would be in for all six Watchmen because I love it that much. I would have been in for more Pirates figures, even though I don't like the sequels.

I will be getting the Comedian because he is just bad a$$, but with how weak this one turned out I just cant get it without some other team support. If they would do Rorschach and Nite Owl then I would get her but I just cant without them. Nite Owl is to connected to her and without him she doesn't make since.

She's The Comedian's daughter - she makes plenty of sense displayed with the Comedian.

Personally, I think it sucks to have Rorschach without Nite Owl, but I want him regardless because I love the character.

I actually like Silk Spectre way more than The Comedian. Even if they'd made no other Watchmen figures, I would have bought her.

She's The Comedian's daughter - she makes plenty of sense displayed with the Comedian.

Personally, I think it sucks to have Rorschach without Nite Owl, but I want him regardless because I love the character.

I actually like Silk Spectre way more than The Comedian. Even if they'd made no other Watchmen figures, I would have bought her.

Even though she is the Comedian's daughter they didn't share much screen time together and that's what holding me back. Nite Owl to me is kind of the bridge between the two. He and Silk Spectre are obviously together and then he and the Comedian have that fantastic riot scene that looks like what the Comedian was modeled after. Rorschach really could be a stand alone figure. It would be cool to have Ozy and Manhattan but I wouldn't care if they were not made. I really just want the four. But if made I would get all of them. I wasn't crazy about the film when I first saw it but I have seen it several times since and I really am getting into it. It has really grown on me.

- SSII's body is standard TTF (with the exception of the rubber body sleeve). The body joint (pelvic/ab interface) maybe a bit stiff, unscrew the screws a little and you regain the typical TTF articulation. (Pic below showing the typical ball joint on a TTF body/SSII body)

-How good SSII look in the pleather jumpsuit is heavily dependent on the tailoring, and this (I would say) varies much more than painting and casting of the head sculpt between figures.

ssiia.jpg

-Another thing, there is a "bad" chemical reaction between the PVC used for her boots and ABS plastic of SSII legs. These stains as far as I can tell are permanent on the legs' plastic. Sanding maybe the only way of getting rid of it. These stains will likely be on every shipped figure. You may need to take counter measures to avoid further damage to the legs (Say a layer of non-glossy clear paint). This maybe not important for the part below the swivel joint (if you do not intent to take her boots off), but it'll still be unsightly for the exposed "skin" of her legs if you swivel her legs/boots and may create more damage/stain on her exposed "flesh"..

-The straps on her legs are held on by weak glue.... peel it off and you should be able to pop her boots (with her foot) off.

ssii2a.jpg

Why not just leave her outfit on, pose her in your detolf and enjoy looking at her?!
I for one don't care about those marks invisible under her costume. She is plastic and paint y'know?

:)

Why not just leave her outfit on, pose her in your detolf and enjoy looking at her?!
I for one don't care about those marks invisible under her costume. She is plastic and paint y'know?
Not all the marks are invisible with her outfit on. I highlight Michael's (mwctoys) pics for example... As you will/might pose her legs in more varied positions more marks will be left behind. Just to point out more flaws to an already flawed figure.

mwcss2.jpg

actually clearer on the original pic...
https://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_htspectre_1.jpg

Last edited:
I know but she is made of plastic. Jointed plastic, mass manufactured plastic, these things will always happen. To me thats part of the toy/collectible hobby. Now bad headsculpts and leaking silicone chest plates are a different matter!

Got mine yesterday...

ss1a.jpg

ss2a.jpg

I like her, but it's obvious HT dropped the ball on costume design and QC. The suit just puckers in too many places. The collar is thick and awkward due to the way the zipper is sewn in. I mostly hid it under her hair. At some point, HT is also going to have to start better addressing how their fabrics discolor bodies, rubber parts leak fluid, etc. (no figure of mine has done any of that so far, but we see this sort of thing happen a little too often.) (very afraid about getting DX Batman)
The tailoring on SS's clothes could be a lot better. The poor tailoring is a lot of what affects the "sexiness" of this figure. The headsculpt is nice, and the overcoat is really nice.
I had to do a LOT of "futzing" on her costume- straightening and tightening straps, re-aligning things, etc.

Got mine yesterday...

ss1a.jpg

ss2a.jpg

I like her, but it's obvious HT dropped the ball on costume design and QC. The suit just puckers in too many places. The collar is thick and awkward due to the way the zipper is sewn in. I mostly hid it under her hair. At some point, HT is also going to have to start better addressing how their fabrics discolor bodies, rubber parts leak fluid, etc. (no figure of mine has done any of that so far, but we see this sort of thing happen a little too often.) (very afraid about getting DX Batman)
The tailoring on SS's clothes could be a lot better. The poor tailoring is a lot of what affects the "sexiness" of this figure. The headsculpt is nice, and the overcoat is really nice.
I had to do a LOT of "futzing" on her costume- straightening and tightening straps, re-aligning things, etc.

That looks great. One of the better in hand set ups so far.

That looks great. One of the better in hand set ups so far.

Thanks! I try. After fiddling with her clothes, I noticed she looked better with the collar open a bit so the neck area didn't look so thick and unwieldy. It also allows you to see the nice neck design. Also, cleavage, always a plus. I also noticed in most photos she had hair falling in front too, not just behind her. I may try to groom her hair more later with a little steam so it lays more naturally.

Back