HT Predator 2 BATTLE DAMAGED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess so! See my previous post. However these items seems to sell around the $190-210 range.

Now Im not shocked some people would actually pay that kind of money for a $129.00 retail price.

Yeah I was watching that auction...great sale! I can't believe it went for that much!

I had to cancel my orders but I'm now regretting that decision. I placed my name on both waitlists but if anyone here has a BD Predator MIB that they'd like to sell for close to retail, send me a PM.

Having a Pred 2 with roaring mandibles is just too cool to pass up. :monkey2

19.jpg

Finally had a chance to try and replicate the lightning shot from P2.

Here's a look at what I'm working on next. Seemingly, it appears done, which is true, but it's only one frame out of several to create an animation of the special effects from the film scene, so a bit more work to get there, but figured I'd share an image along the way.

20.jpg

Here's a look at what I'm working on next. Seemingly, it appears done, which is true, but it's only one frame out of several to create an animation of the special effects from the film scene, so a bit more work to get there, but figured I'd share an image along the way.

20.jpg

I wouldnt play with it too much dude, it may break or something

Thanks Jamal but I'm very cautious with my Hot Toys pieces, as much as it slows me down doing my work, it ensures things don't break or tear.

Off-topic, but here is what comcast posted 18mins ago.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Roy Scheider, a two-time Oscar nominee best known for his role as a police chief in the blockbuster movie "Jaws," died Sunday. He was 75.

Scheider died at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences hospital in Little Rock, hospital spokesman David Robinson said. The hospital did not release a cause of death.

However, hospital spokeswoman Leslie Taylor said Scheider had been treated for multiple myeloma at the hospital's Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy for the past two years.

He was nominated for a best-supporting actor Oscar in 1971's "The French Connection" in which he played the police partner of Oscar winner Gene Hackman and for best-actor for 1979's "All That Jazz," the autobiographical Bob Fosse film.

However, he was best known for his role in Steven Spielberg's 1975 film, "Jaws," the enduring classic about a killer shark terrorizing beachgoers and well as millions of moviegoers.

Widely hailed as the film that launched the era of the Hollywood blockbuster, it was also the first movie to earn $100 million at the box office. Scheider starred with Richard Dreyfuss, who played an oceanographer.

"He was a wonderful guy. He was what I call 'a knockaround actor,'" Dreyfuss told The Associated Press on Sunday.

"A 'knockaround actor' to me is a compliment that means a professional that lives the life of a professional actor and doesn't' yell and scream at the fates and does his job and does it as well as he can," he said.

In 2005, one of Scheider's most famous lines in the movie — "You're gonna need a bigger boat" — was voted No. 35 on the American Film Institute's list of best quotes from U.S. movies.

That year, some 30 years after "Jaws" premiered, hundreds of movie buffs flocked to Martha's Vineyard, off the southeastern coast of Massachusetts, to celebrate the great white shark.

The island's JawsFest '05 also brought back some of the cast and crew, including screenwriter Carl Gottlieb and Peter Benchley, who wrote the novel that inspired Spielberg's classic. Spielberg, Scheider and Dreyfuss were absent.

Dreyfuss recalled Sunday a time during the filming of 'Jaws' when Scheider disappeared from the set. As the filming was on hold because of the weather, Scheider "called me up and said, 'You don't know where I am if they call.'

"He'd gone to get a tan. He was really very tan-addicted. That was due to a childhood affliction where he was in bed for a long time. For him being tan was being healthy," Dreyfuss said.

He added that Scheider "was a pretty civilized human being — you can't ask for much more than that."

Scheider was also politically active. He participated in rallies protesting U.S. military action in Iraq, including a massive New York demonstration in March 2003 that police said drew 125,000 chanting activists.

Scheider had a home built for him and his family in 1994 in Sagaponack in the Hamptons, where he was active in community issues. The oceanfront house featured five bedrooms, four fireplaces and various decks and porches.

Last summer, Scheider announced that he was selling the home for about $18.75 million to singer-songwriter Billy Joel and was moving to the nearby village of Sag Harbor.

Outstanding work on those movie-inspired images, Sean. Looking forward to seeing anything else you're planning to share with us, especially the animated effects scene. Will you be posting it somewhere, like on YouTube maybe?

Outstanding work on those movie-inspired images, Sean. Looking forward to seeing anything else you're planning to share with us, especially the animated effects scene. Will you be posting it somewhere, like on YouTube maybe?

No, if I shrink it down I can just post a GIF image here, similar to the one I made with your image, but as you can see from where I've started, I'm taking it more detailed and such. Given time, i might have attempted to animate the Predator moving too, but that would just take up too much time for too long for a lark. This'll be fun just to see if I can make an interesting special effect happen.

No, if I shrink it down I can just post a GIF image here, similar to the one I made with your image, but as you can see from where I've started, I'm taking it more detailed and such. Given time, i might have attempted to animate the Predator moving too, but that would just take up too much time for too long for a lark. This'll be fun just to see if I can make an interesting special effect happen.

Okay, I see what you mean. I thought maybe you were doing an actual animation of the figure. That would really be something to see, but no doubt it would take too much time. I like the way you mixed in the cloaked areas here and there, similar to what you did with that first image of the pic I posted before. Btw, are you done with the rooftop pic, or will you be adding some more to it? When the lightning strikes him the background is also momentarily lit up by the flash, so I was wondering if you were going to add a bit more to to fill it in some. :cool:

Okay, I see what you mean. I thought maybe you were doing an actual animation of the figure. That would really be something to see, but no doubt it would take too much time. I like the way you mixed in the cloaked areas here and there, similar to what you did with that first image of the pic I posted before. Btw, are you done with the rooftop pic, or will you be adding some more to it? When the lightning strikes him the background is also momentarily lit up by the flash, so I was wondering if you were going to add a bit more to to fill it in some. :cool:

Well, given the setup I went with on the lightning shot, the background building is way out of forground to capture the flash like the film, but I may try a highlight on the building he's on.

As for the fading parts in the meat plant image, I looked at a still I took and it seemed like the parts they faded out, maybe because the technology worked best that way, were all the highlights while the shadows remained.

Back