HT Predator 2 BATTLE DAMAGED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not certain, but I belieive in P1 and P2, the blades were always out a bit and they extended for combat. The figure's blades curve significantly, a little too much, but even correct to the curve in the film, the curve would prevent them from going back into the straight opening of the wrist gauntlet.

Hmmm... will have to watch both movies again to clarify this... always a pleasure never a chore!

I coulda sworn that the blades pop back in all the way but i've been wrong plenty of times before and its funny what the human brain can perceive. I've seen examples of curved blades coming out of straight openings... dont ask me for pics or examples but I'm sure its possible.

Maybe I'm thinking of the computer games?

Besides wouldnt it be safer to have the blades retract all the way? Having them sticking out a bit could be dangerous when jumping and vaulting around in a real life situation. Lol! Listen to me talking about Predators and real life situations...

Last edited:
maulfan, those are some seriously cool lighting!!hw about sharing some of ur basic lighting and cam setup/ settings??:lol

maulfan, those are some seriously cool lighting!!hw about sharing some of ur basic lighting and cam setup/ settings??:lol

Thanks Ed. I don't really have a standard light setup persay. I always shoot stuff in the same room, so over time I've come to understand how my flash will work within the area. I have a shoe-mount flash for my camera that has a 2 foot cord to attach it to the camera as well, so I just aim the flash where I think the bounced light will fall on the figure(s) best from. I often take 2-3, sometimes as many as 5, shots from one angle until the lighting falls the way I wanted it to because each subject is different so until you've see how that lighting falls on the subject, you just don't know for certain you'll get the desired result. The black background I use for these is just my computer monitor turned off.

Hmmm... will have to watch both movies again to clarify this... always a pleasure never a chore!

I coulda sworn that the blades pop back in all the way but i've been wrong plenty of times before and its funny what the human brain can perceive. I've seen examples of curved blades coming out of straight openings... dont ask me for pics or examples but I'm sure its possible.

Maybe I'm thinking of the computer games?

Besides wouldnt it be safer to have the blades retract all the way? Having them sticking out a bit could be dangerous when jumping and vaulting around in a real life situation. Lol! Listen to me talking about Predators and real life situations...

No worries if you want to remove the blades and still have the option of using them anytime. The cover pops off relatively easily and then they just lift out. You can stick the cover back on (it has pegs at both ends that fit into holes on the gauntlet) and secure it from inside with fabric tac or double sided tape. Mine's currently held in place with a little ball of clay at each end.

May others forgive the reposted pics, but having the blades out of the way looks better in some cases than having them sticking out all the time, easier for certain poses, too. :D

P1010046.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Great photos and poses Mudshark! And thanks for all the info on the wrist blades. I gotsta gotsta get this bad boy now...

Best Image I could find on the 'net:

Face%20to%20face.jpg

So, they extend slightly out of the casing, but no where near as much as the figure.

This is the best photo still I could find from P1:

399px-6098_16_19.jpg

Looks to me like the blades didn't fully retract in P1.

Last edited:
Great photos and poses Mudshark! And thanks for all the info on the wrist blades. I gotsta gotsta get this bad boy now...

If you don't have one of these yet, grab yourself one while they're still available at regular prices... you won't be sorry!

mudshark, and maulfan, thanks for the tips, fellas!!:lol

No problem, edwint... always glad to help out another Pred freak! :cool:

It may already be too late for that. Is there anyplace that still has these in stock, aside from ebay (where the prices are going up)?

It would probably take some serious hunting, but there must be a few places that still have some in stock or who will be getting them in pretty soon... they won't last long, though!

If you don't have one of these yet, grab yourself one while they're still available at regular prices... you won't be sorry!

Indeed. Having this one, I know the first release would have been less satisfying once the BD got announced, for me, but thankfully, I've got THE P2 Predator figure and it's a very satisfying purchase, the look with the roaring mandibles, the helmet, the gear, I love everything about it. This ought to be the last P2 though, so if you're thinking of getting it, do it, don't hesitate. I got lucky that my hesitance with the first release resulted in getting the better figure, but you can't always be so lucky.

Im in the UK and I have one on pre-order from Forbidden Planet... they say they will get em in 30th March... i can wait till then.

I watched Predator 1 last night and yeah it looks like the wrist blades do jutt out a little at all times... I forgot how long they extend too! When the Pred is about to go and get Arnie, you the know the "camaaan kill me I'm here!" bit, he pops his blades and they're nearly twice as long. Needless to say, I'm hoping (like many others here) that HT do the P1 Pred but I'm looking forward to getting my P2 and that should keep me going for a while.

OK!! My Predator arrived today! When everyone else started getting their's last week I realized that there was a SNAFU at Sideshow holding me up. There was. Fixed now.

So I've been boycotting this thread because the wait was too much. Seems I've missed some great pics!

But my question is: How does the thing attach to his left leg knee pad?

Also: is there a trick to keeping his battle shattered helmet on his head other than balancing it there like a stack of books on a would-be beauty queen's head?

Damn it, all these great pics are really pushing me to buy this one. :monkey2
Keep it up guys.
With Wolf and the Predalien coming so soon, I doubt I could afford one though.

I just got him, so the excitement may wear thin soon, but I kinda wish I had two of him just because with the three masks and the two expressions, I'd like to show off the contrasting looks.

You could always dump the Predalien, get this guy and save a couple bucks in the process. :D

Hey all.Does anyone have an idea of when they will officially announce/release the P1 Pred? And,this is off topic,but is the talk going around of maybe an alien queen by Hot Toys hold some truth or is that just all speculation?Thanks!

I just got him, so the excitement may wear thin soon, but I kinda wish I had two of him just because with the three masks and the two expressions, I'd like to show off the contrasting looks.

You could always dump the Predalien, get this guy and save a couple bucks in the process. :D

Because of the costs, I might just have to dump the Predalien anyways. But between the two, this one is still very much like the first one and it would be nice to get something different. I think Predalien might be around longer because of it's price so it wouldn't be a bad idea to skip him in favor of a BD Pred 2.

Back