Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Bela Lugosi as Dracula - Action Deluxe Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having re-watched it tonight I realize he didn’t wear the medallion after leaving Transylvania. Just noticing.

Having re-watched it tonight I realize he didn’t wear the medallion after leaving Transylvania. Just noticing.
This is true, but apparently this medallion and cape colors and Universal crest is how the courts and the lawyers pulled a Solomon and "divided the child" as it were. Let's face it, without Bela, Universal doesn't have an iconic Dracula. Carradine was a good substitute, but Bela was tops and history has bore it out.

EDIT: He wears it briefly in England before ditching it.
download.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing some shots of their Clouseau figure, I'm less hyped here.

There is something vintage Sideshow about this Lugosi sculpt, especially having seen the production Clouseau. It has that same hard, shiny, doll like quality that downgraded a lot of Trevor Grove's sculpts once they were painted.

He's also bound to be as overpriced as the others in this range.

Maybe we'll get a better impression from photos taken at the show they're premiering him at.

Hopefully they sell a simple version without the casket. 🦇
They said there are 3 versions. standard, deluxe and exclusive (something like that.) the exclusive is only available directly from them. After a couple of days, other outfits like Sideshow will carry the standard and deluxe, I think. We’ll know more tomorrow what that all means.

Last edited:
I think I may wait for the Sideshow pre-order of the standard release. The casket is great but I doubt I'd ever pose him in it, especially with that magnetic stand. And technically you only see him in the casket once at the end with eyes closed as I recall. Neat, but not sure worth the extra $60+. Otherwise I'm quite happy with alternate head and hands.

This is true, but apparently this medallion and cape colors and Universal crest is how the courts and the lawyers pulled a Solomon and "divided the child" as it were. Let's face it, without Bela, Universal doesn't have an iconic Dracula. Carradine was a good substitute, but Bela was tops and history has bore it out.
According to Kaustic Plastik the Lugosi family asked NOT to have the medallion.

The sculpts still look shiny and old fashioned.

The exclusive gravestone seems a bit pointless as it's actor specific.

I like the clothes and shoes, but everything else is less impressive. Sculpts and hands look outdated, and the coffin, gravestone, base and foliage look like cheap plastic Halloween ornaments.

Now I'm even more worried about John Wayne. :panic:

As a Lugosi fan I quite like the headstone. Unfortunately I just need the figure. 🤙🏻

As a Lugosi fan I quite like the headstone. Unfortunately I just need the figure. 🤙🏻

If some better photos surface I'll spring for just the figure too.

Paintwork is their weak point at the moment, and I don't know why as I'm sure their first figure, Bud, was finished to a higher standard.

As did I, as its by far and away much better than anything that's been done to this point for Bela. I just posted the sale link at the UMA, so I suspect the EX, limited to a scant 200, will evaporate shortly after the world has its coffee. Or tea. Or blood.

According to Kaustic Plastik the Lugosi family asked NOT to have the medallion.
Yes, because they have to do that to release it as a Lugosi only sanctioned release. The medallion, crest, and cape color thing has been common knowledge for years. Moebius's Models is a prime example. The courts decided this, and the family abides, passing said stipulations to licensees. It's how we get more Bela, and also why Universal is able to sidestep and release Dracula's who look like the local mail carrier, and still call it Dracula (they get the medallion). They can even have someone who resembles Bela come in, and photograph them and use their likeness. The feuding behind Lugosi Estates and Universal has gone on for decades.
moe_0914_title.jpg
735b9fc419f6b1c609f5f55be71206bf.jpg

Sideshow's 1/6, just to keep things in proper perspective. I love the Sideshow, but this dethrones it.

Yes, in comparison the KP/IP makes the twenty year old Sideshow sculpt look like a 1956 commemorative!

https://cooltoyreview.com/SSC_USM_Dracula.asp

I want to see more photos of the KP/IP under different lighting, because he looks good in some and weaker in others. Star Ace's Lee Dracula was the same - put a light in his face and he's shiny; but light from above kills the shine and picks out all the fine realistic detail.

A repaint could save the coffin, base and gravestone etc from that cheap, translucent resin appearance. And those cross head screws in the hinges could be changed.

Yes, in comparison the KP/IP makes the twenty year old Sideshow sculpt look like a 1956 commemorative!

https://cooltoyreview.com/SSC_USM_Dracula.asp

I want to see more photos of the KP/IP under different lighting, because he looks good in some and weaker in others. Star Ace's Lee Dracula was the same - put a light in his face and he's shiny; but light from above kills the shine and picks out all the fine realistic detail.

A repaint could save the coffin, base and gravestone etc from that cheap, translucent resin appearance. And those cross head screws in the hinges could be changed.
I think the coffin looks better here than in the promotional pics.
8D1DA89A-6B13-44CD-8612-C037D75F989E.jpeg
CDD90EA1-DD56-4E94-BA66-63E46920B8E7.jpeg
80C1B001-C196-46E2-AB81-3E54CAABC18C.jpeg

Back