Kotobukiya Gambit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Koto is really starting to Tempt me, This looks so Cool

I know, I've been really tempted with the 1/6 X-Force line up they hve going on over there.

Deadpool, X-23 & Wolverine (even though I want to match Koto's X-Force team with the Bowen's X-Force Wolvie')

Last edited:
It seems like "the other guys" are really starting to step it up, and for us collectors that is good news :)

Gambit looks cool... But I have reservations about Koto. I have the Red Hulk Statue. Took it out and displayed it for a few weeks and back to the box it went due to my space limits. When I took it out again, Red Hulk was sipping oil!! It was so bad that the oil had crystalized at the back of his right knees. Tried to scrape it off but out came the paint. I have never had this happen to any of my other statues before. As much as I want Gambit, will have to wait and see.

Gambit looks cool... But I have reservations about Koto. I have the Red Hulk Statue. Took it out and displayed it for a few weeks and back to the box it went due to my space limits. When I took it out again, Red Hulk was sipping oil!! It was so bad that the oil had crystalized at the back of his right knees. Tried to scrape it off but out came the paint. I have never had this happen to any of my other statues before. As much as I want Gambit, will have to wait and see.

Not cool man, you should talk to koto @ [email protected]
:wave

I just picked up my Psylocke the other day, and I was talking to my comic shop guy who was saying that a big "fail" that Koto is doing is that they're packaging these pieces in plastic bags and then putting them in the box for shipment. This leads to problems where the plastic adheres to the paint on the statue and causes blemishes and all sorts of crappy blotchiness all over the body. My comic shop guy bought two pieces, I got the good one, and he has to return the second back to the company because of how f'd up it got.

And yes, these are all hand painted, so the quality of your piece will vary from another and hopefully Koto gets enough feedback that they change their system to machine painting before this line gets in too deep in the roster.

Still, I'm all in and will be picking up this Gambit along with every other Danger Room piece released :)

This and the Rogue statue have been really tempting me. I'm interested to see just how in depth this series gets. I don't want to buy every single X-Men statue they put out, but if I could assemble the full roster from the animated series I'd be happy. I just worry if I play the waiting game that the older statues will shoot up in price. Those first two Avengers Reborn statues are ridiculously expensive already.

I just worry if I play the waiting game that the older statues will shoot up in price. Those first two Avengers Reborn statues are ridiculously expensive already.

A very good point. Koto's Cable statue doesn't seem to have risen in price, though, so who knows; although, saying that, Cable isn't as popular as Thor, Captain America, Gambit or Rogue. Hmmmmm.

Probably best not playing the waiting game then, but I suppose it all depends on how badly you feel you want/need the statues.

This Gambit, as well as other Danger room pieces, such as Colossus, are really tempting BUT to be honest they are in a minor league compared to Sideshow's PFs. That's where my money, if possible, will be in.

Honestly, the sculpts from Koto are high S-class, along the lines of Sideshow even, but it's just the paint jobs that are killing them. And with the fact that these are limited to 750 pieces (at least my Psylocke box says so) and that a lot of them might be/should be returned back to Koto because of blotches, these might be harder to find in the future than you might expect.

I like it! The Koto series is very interesting, maybe its not as high dollar but the peaces are cheaper and they are improving.

Sculpts are great but I've seen shoddy paint work. I'll end up picking up Gambit if the paint job is as good as the sculpt, if not I'll be content with my Gambit PF.

I'm not familiar enough with Koto to comment on possible paint, but the sculpt looks great.

I think the beard should be a different shade though, he looks wrong with grey stubble.

Back