Kotobukiya Gambit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bought a handful of Koto products so far, and I didn't notice any glaring problems with the paint. I bought the Jack Sparrow and Iron Man Mark IV ArtFX Statues and the SDCC '09 X-Force Wolverine bust. The problem with the ArtFX statues wasn't the paint but that the PVC material made them look less like statues and more like large, rigid action figures. The Wolverine bust had some poor color choices, particularly with the skin tones, but I assume that was the case with all the busts and not specific to mine.

It sounds like these are polystone, so I may be willing to give Koto another shot. I just need to make sure I'm getting my money's worth and that I can return the statue is the paint is indeed poorly done.

I'm not too familiar with Kotobukiya's stuff. Is this Gambit and other figures like him comparable to SS PFs in Height and Weight or are they smaller?

I like the sculpt, but prefer the sideshow style better. There's just something about that rugged pissed off Gambit with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth that embodies everything I love about the character. SS killed it on this one.

I'm not too familiar with Kotobukiya's stuff. Is this Gambit and other figures like him comparable to SS PFs in Height and Weight or are they smaller?

Koto's Fine Art Statues are 1/6 scale so they're more comparable to Bowen Designs stuff in those regards. They're also made from coldcast porcelain instead of polystone and have a light-up feature in the base (or, in the case of their Cable statue, in his eye).

Koto's Fine Art Statues are 1/6 scale so they're more comparable to Bowen Designs stuff in those regards. They're also made from coldcast porcelain instead of polystone and have a light-up feature in the base (or, in the case of their Cable statue, in his eye).

Right on. Thanks for the info.

I've been doing a little research on them, Their prices seem very reasonable and they have some nice stuff. I'm very impressed with their new Darth Maul they have coming out next month, that might actually be worth getting. But that's another thread.

Are there any reviews for the Wolverine statue online? I've seen a couple for Deadpool, but nothing for Wolverine yet. I'm a little ambivalent about the sculpt since he looks pretty lumpy and overly muscular, and I'm curious to see what the finished product looks like.

hi guys, anyone able to explain in detail the difference bet cold cast porcelin and polystone? i think one is of plastic material and the other stone? not too sure abt it. need some clarification. which is the better one?

Are there any reviews for the Wolverine statue online? I've seen a couple for Deadpool, but nothing for Wolverine yet. I'm a little ambivalent about the sculpt since he looks pretty lumpy and overly muscular, and I'm curious to see what the finished product looks like.

That statue looks really nice, with an alternative display with out the mask. It captures the essence of the character. (The light up function is awesome)

I know, I've been really tempted with the 1/6 X-Force line up they hve going on over there.

Deadpool, X-23 & Wolverine (even though I want to match Koto's X-Force team with the Bowen's X-Force Wolvie')

Thats exactly the match up I've gone for. Getting my Bowen Wolverine end of the month got Koto X-23 and Deadpool preordered

yes in price; Ink and all Danger Room pieces are in the same scale per the info I have read and 13.75" is with base if not mistaken

I cant wait to PO this December 2011 is so far away! I think it looks awesome!

Just did my PO on BBTS Thanks for the link! I saw December 2011 on Marvelous News but BBTS says September, which sounds great the sooner the better! This will be my first Koto Piece, Im really excited since I missed out on the the Side Show Gambit EX, Really want that piece to, but its way out of my league right now price wise.

Last edited:
header.jpg

Added to the Cool Toy Review Kotobukiya Photo Archive.

I personally can tell just from the paint and sculpt of the face this isn't high enough quality for me.

Back