Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

Forgive the flashy iPhone pics..here's Weathertop. Was a great set to build..really looking forward to the other ones. They nailed the detail on each of the hobbits.

7212533570_39b1aaeb09.jpg

7212529950_cdefc99aa8.jpg

I'm so glad Sideshow has these! I've mostly fallen out of 1/6 and statues but I've got some Rewards points lingering. :yess:

Forgive the flashy iPhone pics..here's Weathertop. Was a great set to build..really looking forward to the other ones. They nailed the detail on each of the hobbits.

7212529950_cdefc99aa8.jpg

No Strider? And only 2 Nazgul?

No worries. I'm stoked about the Nazgul.

Glad you shared. :duff

damn, didn't know these were out yet. I didn't see on the shelf at Target today. Where's cheapest place to buy? I will be buying every set of these.

No worries. I'm stoked about the Nazgul.

Glad you shared. :duff

It really was quite fun to assemble. The amount of detail is incredible. Might start the Moria set tomorrow...kinda want to spread them out a bit and not build them all in a weeks time.

damn, didn't know these were out yet. I didn't see on the shelf at Target today. Where's cheapest place to buy? I will be buying every set of these.

I don't think they've hit Target yet, if you're into LEGO rewards then I'd say go to the LEGO store. You basically get a $5 gift certificate every time you spend 100 bucks. Or buy them at Target.

I don't think they've hit Target yet, if you're into LEGO rewards then I'd say go to the LEGO store. You basically get a $5 gift certificate every time you spend 100 bucks. Or buy them at Target.

Or I may do Sideshow directly, cuz that includes about the same reward percentage too, no? And no tax. But I guess there is delivery costs.

I think I have around $200 in reward points; I guess I know what I'll be using them on.

You can get the Orcsies at the TarJay, too. A big B&M? :confused:

Oh, ok. I didn't know that. B&M is brick & mortar.

Or I may do Sideshow directly, cuz that includes about the same reward percentage too, no? And no tax. But I guess there is delivery costs.

I think I have around $200 in reward points; I guess I know what I'll be using them on.

Well, there you go. What's worse, SSC's shipping or tax in the store.

Pretty cool.

Don't think I'll buy any sets that are all baddies though.

-_-

Nah, it means Buttmunch :)

Got Weathertop and Helmsdeep from Amazon today. Finished Weathertop. A bit overpriced for what you get IMO. Its more like a $50 set rather than $60, but I think Lego knows they can gouge on these sets. I'm really hoping for a Ringwrath with horse polybag set because its going to be impossible to get all 9 of them when you can only get 2 at a time in a $60 set. :(

I have to say that they really failed on Aragorn. They've got him in a brown trench coat. Its green guys! And I don't know what is up with the tan pants either. They just totally messed up his color scheme. And then no cloak? Even as Strider he had a cloak. And not to mention his missing quiver of arrows. I haven't seen a Lego figure fail this much in a long time!

Its only after you finish Weathertop that it finally looks like Weathertop. I don't know what all the crap on the lower level is for or supposed to be since none of it is in the film aside from the Hobbit cook out, which is really missing some nice crispy bacon :lol

Only about 1/2 through Helms Deep. Its a HUGE set. Not sure if its worth the $130 plus extra $30 for the army builder set add on, but its going to be by far the largest Lego set I've ever put together. $120 and $25 would probably be more in line, but again, Lego knows they can over charge on these sets. But TRU's prices are just laughable!

King Theoden is the exact opposite of Aragorn. And excellently produced figure! He even has his green vest under his armor and the helmet is wonderful as well. He almost makes up for Aragorn. The Orcs are pretty sweet too.

And how could I forget the cool horses? They've finally updated their horse figures to include back leg articulation so you can have them rear up! About time! Before that, the horses could only stand and either look straight up or down. This was a huge improvement and I love it. And the Nazgul horses even have some fantastic armor printing on their heads.

All in all, I am very impressed so far and can't wait for the Mines and Forge to arrive from Target on Friday and then the rest from Lego probably sometime next week. My one and only gripe is really the poorly executed Strider. Hopefully they can fix him for a RotK version, as king or not.

Oh, and in case anyone hadn't guessed, the back of the sets officially announce Hobbit sets this winter, so probably just in time for the film and Christmas. :D

Back