LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanderer said it all very well actually---and was as polite as possible. He didn't call Les a monster, or a thief, or even an a**hole, he just explained why the updates don't cut it for everyone after a certain period of time.

It was bound to be said amidst the sea of nauseating encouragements, and it's really nothing to light the torches over.

:goodpost: Cheers mate. Too many kiss ass sycophants on here afraid of the truth and in desperate need of a reality check.
Les is a great guy from what I know of him and his situation is hard to say the least. I, like ALL on here hope he pulls through it a stronger person. Basically what I'm saying is the geeks/Lemmings on here need to put their handbags away, re read my prev post before trying to pitchfork me. I'm just saying what a lot are afraid to say...
I'm out. Good luck Les.

Wanderer said it all very well actually---and was as polite as possible. He didn't call Les a monster, or a thief, or even an a**hole, he just explained why the updates don't cut it for everyone after a certain period of time.

It was bound to be said amidst the sea of nauseating encouragements, and it's really nothing to light the torches over.

Read his post again, he did call him a thief.

:goodpost: Cheers mate. Too many kiss ass sycophants on here afraid of the truth and in desperate need of a reality check.
Les is a great guy from what I know of him and his situation is hard to say the least. I, like ALL on here hope he pulls through it a stronger person. Basically what I'm saying is the geeks/Lemmings on here need to put their handbags away, re read my prev post before trying to pitchfork me. I'm just saying what a lot are afraid to say...
I'm out. Good luck Les.

For someone that does not want to be pitchforked, this is a very bad post for you. Why don't you just drop it, eh?

Oh great another SSF's talent scared and beaten away, jeez! I wish you all the best, Les. I know you'll pull through, just take care of yourself man.

Read his post again, he did call him a thief.

No he said the constant excuses could be construed as such. I certainly can't compare Les to Sovereign Studios, but regardless of their intent, neither of them deliver (in most cases). The reasons "why" eventually become irrelevant.

No, I don't take joy in anyone's misery (except Matt Damon's) but I really don't care, either. My life bites the big one too. Wah.

I don't expect to see Les post at this forum again. Ever again. I'm sure it's do to comments like yours, Wanderer. I don't think you understood Les's last post. The man has lost a lot. Pretty much everything.

He's already admitted to biting off more than he could chew. I don't think he's as much frustrated that people are worried about what they paid for, as much as so many are calling him a thief. That isn't a motivator. I know he understands people's frustrations, but it doesn't seem like they understand his situation.

Les is a very good friend of mine. We talk often and I respect him as an artist. I also sympathize with his feelings since I myself suffer from depression. More specifically bipolar disorder. Considering suicide isn't something to be taken lightly. Les has shown great resilience in his situation. I can't say I'd be as strong as he's been, as much has he's been beaten down.

To everyone who is badgering Les about getting paint-ups done, please try to understand his situation. I know you've cut him slack, but he just needs a little more time. Besides, I think we all know you won't be disappointed with the end result.

I don't know much about this situation, but if Les is indeed dealing with true depression then unless you have experienced it you don't understand. Same goes for any mental illness.

And no, your life 'sucking the big one' doesn't count as experience. Not even close.

No, Depression does not absolve one from all responsibility, but from what I've read Les isn't asking for that.

Les just wants people to know and understand what's going on with him and the work so that people don't think he's running off and not finishing or whatever.

After one unfortunate member messed things up for the whole way comissions and things go down around here, people have come to get real nervous and assume things when people lose contact with this site. Les opted to go the full opposite of that and disclose everything going on with him that intereferes with his work flow so that, whether you accept the reasons or not, you would know and not be wondering if he's sitting around playing an x-box or something and forgetting about all this.

I have never purchased anything from Les but in my opinion, commissions are a gamble. There is no insurance when purchasing an item from another member of this board so you do so at your own risk. Yes the situation sucks for the people that have given him money but it's not exactly Les' fault that things have turned out the way they have. He HAS delivered in the past and he also has made it clear that he is doing the best he can to finish up everything and fix up all the orders. There are no promises in life.

I say, if you're not willing to risk your money... don't purchase without insurance - stick to eBay or do your own customs.

Best of luck Les, hope things pick up for you mate.

Last edited:
Les HAS delivered for me in the past on here. More than once! I trust him. I am waiting on a figure from him too right now, but I know he'll finish it soon. I have faith in him. I know he will come through for me this time, because he's done it before. Life has been tough on him. No one know exactly what he has endured unless you ARE him, and are in his "shoes" so to speak. There's only one person that is Les Walker, and it is none of us. I can only imagine what is must be like for him, and how he feels and still tries to work as hard as he can for all of us. I say by now that just about everyone on this board has seen his work, at least once. You all know it IS worth the money, and worth the wait. I know I do. I am happy and honored to call him a friend.

I hope and pray that things improve soon for you Les. I am sad to hear that you won't be posting here on the board anymore. But it is good to know I can keep up with you in e-mails and on the phone. :wave

Riiiight... because coming in with a "don't care about your problems" attitude will really speed things along :lol

You don't think Les is fully aware of the problems here, don't think he grasps it enough to satisfy you? No amount of negativity will speed up the process. But, I do think that being supportive of him will.

Personally I believe in Les and know that he will get through this... when, can't say, but at the same time my life will continue undisturbed or interrupted by the absence of a headsculpt.

Wanderer, your not wrong.

You have a crisis in life, a relative dies, your job gives you time off. They don't give you years. Simple as that.

A hero fighting for his country spends his hard earned money, hes now being deployed and will be risking his life, he asks for some resolve and gets a sob story that a guy has to pay the bills. We all do. This guys putting his life on the line and hearing hes out his money because this other guys got bills. Wow. Just wow.

You guys need to remember your a customer, its ok to help a friend but we wonder why this keeps happening.

Last edited:
Wow ! Just WOW !

I guess it would be easier for Les to never come in and address you all ?

I think Les is experiencing a little more than normal life right now. Or maybe he is experience what most will endure in a lifetime over the course of a few months.

Read the thread and know Les. Then you will know his desire to make it right for you all. The man has not disappeared. He is trying to juggle both life and his committments. To the best of his ability.

Keep in mind, if you choose to compare Les to a company. (which he is, as he is a one man enterprise). When a company files bankruptcy... you are basically S.O.L. They are not going to make any attempts to make good for you. There is no going after him. So as you choose to compare him as such, keep in mind how is different.

If you have not walked a mile in the man's shoes, it's easy to attack. Keep in mind, god forbid, but you may have to one day.

Still here for you Les. I know this too shall pass. :hug

And keep in mind you don't really know him because your reading what amounts to his internet blog. You guys aren't BFFs, your customer/artist for the most part, tho I know some people do know each other personally here.

Also keep in mind in real life if you take money from someone and then don't deliver your also risking getting punched in the mouth. Its easy to say "you gotta wait, your SOL" when your not talking to a human face. A line needs to be drawn or else you can just take money and log on every few months with a new excuse.

I know how about this. You give me a thousand dollars and in 5-6 years I'll learn to sculpt and do whatever you want?

And keep in mind you don't really know him because your reading what amounts to his internet blog. You guys aren't BFFs, your customer/artist for the most part, tho I know some people do know each other personally here.

Also keep in mind in real life if you take money from someone and then don't deliver your also risking getting punched in the mouth. Its easy to say "you gotta wait, your SOL" when your not talking to a human face.

True. Hence why I went beyond the blog to speak top the man off forums of this nature. And considering I don't fall into that category, I will speak to it in a different fashion.

Also keep in mind, many comments tend to treat the man as a company. Comments such as all he is dealing with is life. That is quite cold. I have read all the comments and they like seem to attribute a hobbyist to a company processes quite liberally.

As he said, the man filed for bankruptcy. Means there is no money. When a company files for this, it is done. There is no money and normally creditors have to chalk it up as loss and write it off.

But this man is trying to make good and has committed himself to do so. I am sure he is sorry it his "real life" time line does not correspond with your desires, but he is not stopping from trying to make good, both for you and himself.

Also in real life, when you pay for something (which would need to occur for someone to "take" money from you), you are entering into a verbal agreement. While a delay of any magnitude may not be acceptable, it does not allow you the freedome to "punch someone in the mouth". In reality this would land you in a local jail, with an assault charge on your record.

Also keep in mind, Les never said you are S.O.L. I used the metaphor for large companies.

Les on the other hand is determined to make good. And I know he will.

Yes you don't get that right to punch someone :lol

I'm just saying it makes it harder to keep saying its another delay when someone can actually stand in front of you and you can't just turn off your screen and walk away.

The real fact here is When no one says anything except "Hey man I love you take as long as you need and have a Rainbow Kitten day!" Then there is no motivation to get anything delivered because everyone just seems fine with waiting however long it takes. The people who just say take your time no worries are no better then those saying whats the hold up. No better.
The fact is people payed up front ok.

They payed for

1. Materials to make the figure

2. Les's time

3. Shipping.

Les needs nothing more then 1. to make those figures and 3. should never go anywhere but to shipping ever.

The second Les took everyones 1,2,3s and spent them on bills knowing he wouldnt' have the ability to get materials and thus build figures, he knowingly stole from his customers who put blind trust and faith in him and sent money up front. The trust was betrayed. Now he wants your faith and trust again that he'll do it eventually.

And I'm not "out to get Les" like the RUssian spammers, or taking amusement in it. I take zero amusement in threads like this in fact, as they obviously corrupt and turn memebers against one another.

As I am sure this can turn nasty quickly, I think enough has been said.

This discussion can go round and round.

People paid for a service.

What do people think that customizers do with the money they receive? Stock it away for a project ? Yeah, keep thinking that. I am sure they stock the funds for when they get to your project.

No one ever thinks things like this will happen but they do. You paid for a job, and the man will deliver. Nuff said. Time lines may not be acceptable, but the man will make good.

But being human, I am sure he will need to do more than sit at a table day and night to make sure he can walk to the post office.

But he will make good. If people would support the fact that he is doing this, it may happen that much sooner.

:peace

I do wish Les best of luck and obviously hope he can deliver everyones stuff, but don't be so quick to jump down someones throat if they aren't as willing to wait, they do have a right to ask where theyre money is.

Ok, this is clearly a rocky situation at it's core and doesn't need to be a fight among members.

For now this thread will be closed to let everyone cool off and end the personal feuding. If you need to reach Les PM him or email him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back