Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a huge DCUC fan, so this comes as great news to me. I've been a completist with the series since Wave 1, so buying a sub was a no-brainer in my case. However since it was announced at Comic Con, I've recently made the decision to thin down all my non-Batman collectables, so I'm currently selling off the majority of my collection. And even though it means I'll have to try and sell nearly all the figures, I'm still happy the sub's moving forward as it means I'll be getting my Poison Ivy.

I'm not really surprised that the Sub went through, That meter was just pure bogus as far as i am concerned.

I did decide to finally go with the Sub as much as I hated the math and the money it would cost. I decided to just not look at my bank statements or just "not see" the DRImattycollector entry.

Personally, I think the Poison Ivy character should be released as a Batman Legacy figure to keep a slot open in the subscription. I would rather have the same size range as the MOTU oversized figures. A re-sized Doomsday figure would barely be above 8 inches.

It sounded like she WAS slotted for Batman Legacy (and with 50/50 variants too) around the time of the Comic Con panel and interviews. She was obviously thrown in to sell more subscriptions.
There better still be a variant in Batman Legacy or they're going to piss off roughly half of the people who have wanted her for so long.

I'm kinda hoping they would do BAtman's rogues with the batman legacy line. That would include Killer croc, Poison Ivy, Ventriloquist and others.

Rainbow batman?

tumblr_lblslpUPwb1qd69l4o1_250.jpg

:lol

Wave 19 (Stripe Wave) was found at Target in CA. Someone on Hisstank posted his findings. The hunt begins.

lee - that's a cool review of the Legion. Can't wait til 10/17.

karamazov - good catch on the walmart crime wave. I got my set already, just waiting for the price drop to buy a few more sets. :D

Aside from the Wonder Twins this will the only set that I will actually leave in the box as it looks really good.

BLASPHEMY! Open them figs!!

Yeah Lee, thanks for the link.

What do you guys think about this campaign for electronics in the Metron chair?
Anyone looking forward to any DCnU at retail from the 4H?

Fett- I don't care either way about electronics on Metron. Just the fact that he and his chair are finally getting made is awesome (although if they got Daniel Dae Kim bytes from JLU that's be cool). And I'm sure there will be some gems in the retail line because there'll be characters from well-known (read: marketable) properties like Superman and Batman, but I'm thinking they'll be few and far between. Catman being put into the Batman Legacy line is a prime example of this, methinks.

The more bells and whistles on that chair, the better value for my money.

I might take out the legion just to handle them once. But I really like that they are replaceable without damaging the packaging.

The more bells and whistles on that chair, the better value for my money.

I might take out the legion just to handle them once. But I really like that they are replaceable without damaging the packaging.

Yeah, the electronics is the ONE thing that Mattel seems to do well and in spades! Yet, we havent seen them bring any of that genius to the retail or direct market outside of SDCC.

Anything you guys looking forward to in the sub? I'm hoping for mediocrity and that way I'm not disappointed if we get a "catman" or two. I sure would like them to release a para-demon two pack. Could use more of them.

Yes Swift, I hope too that we get a "catman" like offering at retail. That'd be tits.

Back