NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Group looks great but Mikey still looks off. He's too tall or something or long neck. Kind of has a Jar Jar Binks vibe to him.
That's because Randy wouldn't let Trevor give Mikey an smaller body for sum reason. I wish they would of enlarged the head slightly to be in scale but it is what it is. Nothing we can do about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's because Randy wouldn't let Trevor give Mikey an smaller body for sum reason.

I'm sure it came down to dollars. They could either reuse parts and bodies across the four turtles and fudge the scale on Mikey or spend a lot more for tooling to make him more accurate. It was probably not worth the extra cost when they ran the numbers.

I'm sure it came down to dollars. They could either reuse parts and bodies across the four turtles and fudge the scale on Mikey or spend a lot more for tooling to make him more accurate. It was probably not worth the extra cost when they ran the numbers.
True but they should of made Mikey head bigger then. But I don't see that happening.

Raph on his way, these are awesome, but im dissapointed they recycled the body for Mikey, he should have been shorter.

yeah me too, just got charged for Raph , this one stays in the box along with my 2nd Donnie

fS3MGur.gif

This is how I imagine the discussion over Mikey went at NECA:
Toy Designer, "I have a great idea for Michelangelo! His scale shall be perfect with the sculpt!"
His boss, "Nah... Scrap that. Costs too much to make the body that size. We'll just reuse Leonardo's body and release Michelangelo last. By then, consumers will be into this collection too deep to pass."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because Randy wouldn't let Trevor give Mikey an smaller body for sum reason. I wish they would of enlarged the head slightly to be in scale but it is what it is. Nothing we can do about it.

Ahh, I didn't think about that but that would make sense from a financial point-of-view.

Well, got my Raph from manofactionfigures.com. Paid more than I wanted to pay, and the figure was packaged
crappy, resulting in a big ding on the front of the plastic window :slap

Checked my TRU stores for any chance of them getting Raph, none in the system anywhere local, none on order…
so guess that is a big fat NO.

Really need to stay on top of NECA for when they release Leo and Mikey. Don't want to go through this crap again.

Well, got my Raph from manofactionfigures.com. Paid more than I wanted to pay, and the figure was packaged
crappy, resulting in a big ding on the front of the plastic window :slap

Checked my TRU stores for any chance of them getting Raph, none in the system anywhere local, none on order…
so guess that is a big fat NO.

Really need to stay on top of NECA for when they release Leo and Mikey. Don't want to go through this crap again.

Hey, at least you got one. They're well worth the money.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just to make sure I'm on top of things and don't miss out when NECA put Leo up on their eBay store is he due out late April or late May?

Got Raphael in the mail yesterday. Not taking anything away from Donatello, because I assume it's based off the design of the costumes themselves, but the paint applications/detail/spots on Raphael blow Donatellos away. Really, really sharp looking figure. Overall look makes for a standout piece. Necas really killing it with these.

Just got Raph in, I don't have Donnie (yet) but this piece is fantastic but this one has me locked in for the rest of the line. It's got some amazing weight to it and the detailing is great. It instantly became one of my favorite pieces. I really regret not getting Donnie immediately from NECA and definitely won't miss the rest.

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

Back