Official Hot Toys Superman Returns Jor El spec-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Jor El spec-

I don't know if it's the same thing When it's going from Canada to the USA, but when it goes from USA to Canada, UPS is a total nightmare. They slam you with customs charges 100% of the time (vs. like 10% of the time with the post office) plus they charge an insane amount of fees on top of that - a fee for taking it across the border, a fee for filling out the customs forms, and then a fee for charging you their fees!!!

A $50 figure ends up costing $100 with all the fees. That's *not* an exaggeration.

You should check to see if any Americans have had these experiences with UPS coming from Canada. I never, ever buy anything shipped UPS anymore he cause of these experiences. Plus they leave packages on your doorstep and they even destroyed a package coming to me. My friend drive, a UPS truck, and even he told we he never buys anything shipped UPS across the border.

You really might want to switch to the Post office! It'll save you alot of hassles and alot of money, even if the rate is higher! And actually, the actual cost for one boxed figure to the USA (unless it's super heavy) by post office is about $12, not $14, and with tracking it's $20, and express is under $25. Dont know what toys2 charges though.

I bought the 2 Prison Break Hot Toys figures from Toysquare and shipping was a flat 24 dollars with UPS. And they came in record time. This is why I'm using them again for Superman and Jor-El. Yay!

As this thread has been brought forward now, I'll move it through to the 'Action Fig' side of the General section :duff
x :duff

Hard to believe this figure was out 5 1/2 years ago.

I always regretted not getting this. No way am I paying what he goes for now, but it's for sure an awesome figure

I always regretted not getting this. No way am I paying what he goes for now, but it's for sure an awesome figure

You and me both, man. Especially now with the Russell Crowe Jor-El coming. Would have been great to have Reeve and Brando with Cavill and Crowe. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to come across one that won't cost an arm and leg, but until then I'll have to kick myself for not getting it in the first place. :slap

Yeah I have been 'umming and arring' over this guy for a while, I just thought it would look great next to HT Supes Reevs, and from what I read a newer Brando Jor-EL from HT is very unlikely ?

I got a mint boxed jor el on eBay last year for 200 bucks I barely like it lol. What's it go or now maybe I should sell it?

Really??? I hate you! J/k that was a great deal. I never checked completed listings for this but I usually see this listed at about $500

I just checked yeah there is none under 600 now! I think I'll hold onto it afterall, I might think about selling it at 600 as there are a few more deserving figures that could fund.

It was actually a year ago I remember now, just a little before Chris Reeves superman came out I guess people got the bug for him after superman came out. I bid and won at 200 then when I got it I dropped his head and there was a nose rub I tried to fix it and and ended up buggering up the whole head so I sold the outfit and body on eBay for a hundred and then won another one, this time loose, on eBay for another 200. So in actuality I guess the figure ended up costing me 300 because of my **** up.

I purchased mine when it first came out. It's still new in the box. I paid around $180.

Be patient. Most of the sold ones on ebay go for around $360-$400.

Back