Official Hot Toys Superman Returns Jor El spec-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Jor El spec-

It's been awhile since I looked at mine.

Sigh... I SO want this now to go with my Reeve Supes! :(

Sallah

Got a Jor-El from a fellow Freak!!! WOO HOO!

He arrived this morning. Going to put him in the case with Reeve Supes and my altered Mattel Zod & Luthor tonight. :)

Sallah

Classic figure! I had him a long time ago with the rest of my old Hot Toys collection.

So sad he's gone now. :(

The DC section of my 1/6th collection is finally complete... Well, at least until Hot Toys gets around to doing Batman Returns that is. ;)

D1380554-DCE7-4149-88B0-43223645FAB7-312-0000001CB34C3826_zpsb31acc8b.jpg

Sallah

Sallah, could you post a closer pic of Robin, please?

Thanks! :hi5:

Sure! Found this one on my photobucket-

dynamicduo_zpsa2ba1a3f.jpg

Moe did it for me. Big Tim Drake Robin fan... but the main reason I wanted one was to include him with my Keaton Bat-display as an homage to this:

8e5ccf1e.jpg

Always loved that Kenner included him in the line. :)

Sallah

I had that figure :yess: (the Kenner Robin)

I love that figure! I still remember exactly when I first found out about it. Back in the pre-internet, pre-toy magazine days of collecting, you often wouldn't know a figure was coming out until you saw it sitting on a store shelf (I really miss those days). With that Robin, I first spotted him in a Toys R Us weekend newspaper insert. I was absolutely nuts over his introduction in comics and his new suit, so seeing that his figure was coming out as part of the Returns line thrilled me to no end. I called Toys R Us just about every day until they finally got him in (again- this was WAY before internet store reports). Hopped in the car with my Dad (I was only 14 at the time) and headed up to get him (plus Catwoman since buying 2 figures meant a free Batman Returns poster).

Other than his flat-top haircut, I found that figure to be just about perfect back then... and I still do now. :)

Sallah

I wish I could find one of these for a reasonable price. Between paying off my car and most of my credit card and having my car insurance recently drop substantially I could afford the eBay prices but I'm still a little too sane to pull the trigger. I don't think it's completely up to the Hot Toys standards of today but its pretty damn close (maybe like 90%) but it's a hell of a lot closer than the Routh Supes. I can live with my Reeve Supes with no Jor-el but it still feels incomplete.

Back