Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

How do you know what the Space Jockey was? How do you know it wasn't a suit? How did you know there wasn't a tiny little person hiding under the chair?

You don't, and never did. So why couldn't he do his own thing?
Because in Alien they said it was a bone structure,fossilized and been there for tens of thousands of years. Not a bio suit and been there for 20 years (and a hell of a lot smaller).

Stop being a Prometheus apologist. I like the movie. It makes 0 sense.

What the hell do they know? They just got there.

It probably IS a bone structure. For the suit. And endo suit.

I haven't seen the flick, so I just know from the trailers, and I don't want too yet.

But still. This is what happened with Star Wars. The people who hated the prequels for being bad are justified for not liking it. But it bugs me when people say they hated it because it wasn't their way on screen.

It's not your story. And I accepted that. I could still not like it for what it is...but I'm just going in accepting what's on screen. If the Space Jockey's are actually a future bound Jones the cat who repopulated the planet, and created these exo suits to fight Aliens and stuff, then so be it. :D

Whether I hate the movie or not, I've gotta say, the official trailer was just perfect. I remember the night it came out, and I remember watching it on my laptop...was possibly the most exciting experience of my life. The build up, the music, then that sound from the Alien trailer...uhg.
So great.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrxjlNnAlBQ[/ame]

What the hell do they know? They just got there.

It probably IS a bone structure. For the suit. And endo suit.

I haven't seen the flick, so I just know from the trailers, and I don't want too yet.

But still. This is what happened with Star Wars. The people who hated the prequels for being bad are justified for not liking it. But it bugs me when people say they hated it because it wasn't their way on screen.

It's not your story. And I accepted that. I could still not like it for what it is...but I'm just going in accepting what's on screen. If the Space Jockey's are actually a future bound Jones the cat who repopulated the planet, and created these exo suits to fight Aliens and stuff, then so be it. :D

Whether I hate the movie or not, I've gotta say, the official trailer was just perfect. I remember the night it came out, and I remember watching it on my laptop...was possibly the most exciting experience of my life. The build up, the music, then that sound from the Alien trailer...uhg.
So great.

I just hope you two enjoy the film so that you can both come back in here and spread the Prometheus love juice.:D

Spoiler Spoiler:

Re: Prometheus SUPER Spoilers!

Any idea why the engineer got angry and attempted to kill everyone in the room? Did he not like David's haircut or something?

Any idea why the engineer got angry and attempted to kill everyone in the room? Did he not like David's haircut or something?

Either:

a) He was tired and cranky;

b) He didn't like the fact that Weyland and co were asking so many questions and got pissed off

or

c) He knew David was a robot, a creation of man, and didn't like this so he went ape ____ on everyone.

Weyland and them were asking the ENGINEER questions?

Like, he wakes up..they start asking him ____ and he kills them?

Weyland and them were asking the ENGINEER questions?

Like, he wakes up..they start asking him ____ and he kills them?

Weyland wants him to fix/ cure him and make him live longer (make him immortal; I've forgotten what was said) and Shaw is going berserk asking him every question she can think of about creation. Plus David is talking to him in Engineer language. I think it was too much for him and he got pissed at them all. Cool scene.

Engineer language? Whaaaaaaaat? How does David learn it? The carvings on the wall in the trailer?

Why can't I stop spoiling myself. :monkey2

Engineer language? Whaaaaaaaat? How does David learn it? The carvings on the wall in the trailer?

Why can't I stop spoiling myself. :monkey2

I'm not sure what language it is but during the time the crew are in hypersleep he spends this time educating himself. The first scene on the Prometheus ship is of David walking around playing basketball on a bike :lol, learning languages, watching films and watching dreams, whilst everyone is sleeping. It's such a wierd and cool introduction to him.:rock

Weyland wants him to fix/ cure him and make him live longer (make him immortal; I've forgotten what was said) and Shaw is going berserk asking him every question she can think of about creation. Plus David is talking to him in Engineer language. I think it was too much for him and he got pissed at them all. Cool scene.

I understand that part where Weyland wants to be cured and crap but to respond in violence. He wasn't even provoked. Then again, there was an armed man in the room.

And yeah, it's like why does this David robot knows a lot. Did he pick up the language while snooping around the engineer's hologram deck thingy? I'm just guessing, but I'm getting the sense that Weyland Yutani, in general, knows about a lot about the engineers.

I understand that part where Weyland wants to be cured and crap but to respond in violence. He wasn't even provoked. Then again, there was an armed man in the room.

And yeah, it's like why does this David robot knows a lot. Did he pick up the language while snooping around the engineer's hologram deck thingy? I'm just guessing, but I'm getting the sense that Weyland Yutani, in general, knows about a lot about the engineers.

The Engineer was on a mission to destroy earth. I'm guessing that during the incident aboard the ship he put himself into hypersleep to protect himself. Once he woke up his first thought would be to complete the mission. I guess it didn't help waking up to see the very race you were hoping to destroy standing right infront of you.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back