Pop Culture Reproductions - Zorg, Dead repaint, Alex Ross Goblin WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mr. Charlie's Pop Culture Reproductions - Beto Jason III

Jason Pt. III using Beto's head and mask.

Arms, once again, are casts from the SS Pt. III. They're attached via magnets. Machete is full custom from scratch. Made out of steel. I embedded a magnet in the hand so it would hold nice and also put a magnet in the machete handle.

Took a while to figure out how to get all those subtle lines in the mask.

JasonMasked1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

JasonKillz by blackrider9, on Flickr

JasonHands by blackrider9, on Flickr

JasonMasked4 by blackrider9, on Flickr

JasonDerr2 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Jasonz2 by blackrider9, on Flickr

JasonMaskFront by blackrider9, on Flickr

JasonMaskProfileLeft by blackrider9, on Flickr

JasonMaskProfileRight by blackrider9, on Flickr

JasonMasked5 by blackrider9, on Flickr

finally found the jason you did the machette is awsome

Re: Mr. Charlie's Pop Culture Reproductions - Rambo FB Pt. 2

that spiky hair looks like bart simpson.

Lol. Yep, been getting better at the hair sculpting thing so I think that's doable. Usually ask the same going rate as a paint-up. I'll shoot you a pm. Glad you like the machete. Was going to use the same basic method to make your stuff.

Great thread just found it as I saw the rambo.
That is good enough, but then I find some gems like marv and hartigan and the kurtz and dennis hopper heads/figures, woooohaa mental love em.
Great die hards aswell and ripley is another of mine that I have on the go, on and off, will have to finnish her, yours is inspiring me to finnish.

Thanks, guys. Trejo tats are coming along. Still working on them, tho. Should have something soon.

Re: Mr. Charlie's Pop Culture Reproductions - Rambo FB pt. 2

Had this head from Moe sitting around for a long time now, but once I scored the arrow set last week I had to finish this guy. Went with an ACI body. You lose some pose-ability, but the bulk really completes the look. Scars I put on custom. Pendent is made out of sculptey. No little Buddha carved into, but I think it still came out good. Head had a bandanna sculpted on the forehead that I cut out and replaced with cloth. Magnetized the feet. There's a cut piece of metal underneath the grass sheet. Scored a pt. 1 sculpt a long ways back, too, so maybe that'll be next. Thanks to Moe for the sculpt. Really came out nice.

rambo2 by blackrider9, on Flickr

rambo1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

rambo3 by blackrider9, on Flickr

rambo4 by blackrider9, on Flickr

looks great doug...i will say, doug done a conan hair sculpt for me, and wow did it come back just all kinds of awesome!!!!....cant go wrong with Mr. Charlie....:lol

doug where did you get the rambo necklace from? i have a nice bo myself but need the neckalace.....thanks bro..

Re: Mr. Charlie's Pop Culture Reproductions - Rambo FB pt. 2

looks great doug...i will say, doug done a conan hair sculpt for me, and wow did it come back just all kinds of awesome!!!!....cant go wrong with Mr. Charlie....:lol

doug where did you get the rambo necklace from? i have a nice bo myself but need the neckalace.....thanks bro..

Glad you like the Conan, man. Happy we could make that happen. Necklace I actually made myself. Wasn't about to go carving a Buddha into something that small, but I still came up with something resembling it using some sculptey and paint. Shoot me a pm if you need one.

Wow... you've got the only Wolverine sculpt that actually looks like Hugh Jackman! Coool :)

Just got back home to find a package from you. Am heading straight out again to go and see the Hobbit, but will send you a pm later. All I will say for now is, very many thanks! he looks brilliant! :D :rock2

Re: Mr. Charlie's Pop Culture Reproductions - Trejo Tats

Got these finished, finally. Still smoothing out the wrinkles, and working out how the left arm is going to bend. Sliced the tattoo where the gap is, but it's still sitting on top of the joint. Might have to cut that out as well. We'll see.

I attempted to paint the body to match the headplay head using watered-down acrylics and some spray bottles. Not exact, but way closer than the original ACI skin tone.

trejotats1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

trejotats2 by blackrider9, on Flickr

trejotats3 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Haha love it! How well does the paint adhere to the body though? It must restrict movement, right (in order to prevent chipping)?

Around the joints you get some paint rubs, but not much. I was able to pull the elbow joints out a little and give it some room. That helps. Spraying the paint on makes it adhere really well; much better than brushing on. I guess because the particles are much smaller. And it's a mother to scrape off, that's for sure. Especially once you get a couple layers of varnish on.

Note that I've been moving that left elbow, and it's stayed pretty nice.

Baddddassss Doug!!! Those look fantastic , Now do some 2Pac tats

Re: Mr. Charlie's Pop Culture Reproductions - Daryl, Wolverine, Trejo Tats

Been resculpting the Headplay Hugh Jackman sculpt to look like Wolverine. What do you guys think?

wolvie4 by blackrider9, on Flickr

wolvie3 by blackrider9, on Flickr

wolvie2 by blackrider9, on Flickr

wolvie5 by blackrider9, on Flickr

And a paint up of WGP's Daryl on commission. Client went with a HT Bruce Lee body. The proportions are excellent, but the tone was not easy to match. Think I got just enough in the cheeks and forehead. Much more brown than a caucasian TT.

daryl3_1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

daryl2_1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

daryl1_1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Re: Mr. Charlie's Pop Culture Reproductions - Daryl, Wolverine, Trejo Tats

Excellent work on jackman Doug.
Your paintwork are getting better and better.

Back