PREDATORS diorama base. rocky terrain. GET ON THE LIST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, where did that come from. I know exactly what it takes to make something like this, it's not that hard to do. Shouldn't you be flooding all the hot Toys threads with bull____ banter.:lol
Where did it come from? You come in here showing no respect for the dude who's spent a long time working on something, start acting all douchey towards him, and you're surprised that someone is annoyed by you? :cuckoo:

Where did it come from? You come in here showing no respect for the dude who's spent a long time working on something, start acting all douchey towards him, and you're surprised that someone is annoyed by you? :cuckoo:

Yeah, it's me being the ________, obviously. :slap How am I being disrespectful towards him? Get a life, loser. :lol

Anyway, love the dio. Much respect for BISHARTS work.

Alright, in fairness given this statement it seems like you weren't intending to be disrespectful of BISHART, only recommending to me that I should put together my own rather than paying someone else to make and ship and also risk customs duty. Fair enough. However, my lack of talent is accompanied by and wrapped up in my general laziness. Don't think I can be arsed going around looking for the stuff myself. This thing just looks cool, the layers of rock, loose stones, the moss etc. I'll go for it. I'll use it whenever I'm photographing any Predator figure.

Alright, in fairness given this statement it seems like you weren't intending to be disrespectful of BISHART, only recommending to me that I should put together my own rather than paying someone else to make and ship and also risk customs duty. Fair enough. However, my lack of talent is accompanied by and wrapped up in my general laziness. Don't think I can be arsed going around looking for the stuff myself. This thing just looks cool, the layers of rock, loose stones, the moss etc. I'll go for it. I'll use it whenever I'm photographing any Predator figure.

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it in your photos man!

No, that wasn't what I was suggesting at all. I was just saying that Irish customs might confiscate your package because it contains tree wood that he's found lying around in a forest or somewhere. They might destroy it or make you pay a large sum to have it fumigated for insects and bacteria etc. Organic material like that is considered to be a biohazard by most countries.

I don't think that's going to happen. They aren't going to look at it like a pile I'd crap I found in the woods. It's going to be protectively packed and attached to the diorama. And even if I were to cast and paint a tree, the people who opened up the box wouldn't say, oh it's a castes tree. All good here.
You don't have to worry about it man. Relax.

Im so confident that WON'T happen. Because it sounds like pure BS. I will pay whatever the fee when they say ( which they won't ) it's hazardous.

There is nothing BS about it. Customs officers have training and special dogs to detect organic stuff like this. Protecting the flora and fauna of a country from potential biohazard risks isn't something you want to bypass for the sake of a diorama. People aren't going to be very happy if their items start getting confiscated. Maybe you should think about offering a different version with a cast resin tree for international customers, or just don't include anything organic at all with the kit. It's just not worth the risk. Something to think about.

I don't have a feeling like it'll happen, not that my 'feeling' would count for much. I think just make sure the packaging is neat, stable, protects everything well (as I'm sure you would anyway), probably need to mark it as gift and mark the value down?

Anything I've had stopped by customs in the past has not been marked as gift and is over a certain value. Weight hasn't counted because I got the Tumbler without having to pay any customs.

....I suppose I could venture out and find some 1/6 looking tree branches to avoid risks of any kind.

BISHART what about that moss? Thats fake isn't it?

Back