QMX 1/6 DS9 Dax

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Whether it's official yet or not, count me as one who would definitely love a Dax figure-- especially when the likeness looks as good as this!

Not sure yet if I'd want the entire cast, but Sisko, Kira, Dax and Odo would certainly be my top choices. And I think I'd probably be happy with either uniform, since both would look equally cool in 1/6 form.

I thought they were going to do the rest of the TOS crew. Also we got a glimpse of kirk and spock unpainted from TWOK.

Thats at least 5 figures on ice.

They also showed JJ Movie Kirk. I really think this is just him working on something for fun like he did with other figures.

This is a pass for me. I may pick up Picard and waiting patiently for the twok trifecta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No interest in this character but if the uniform taints those neck tats, there'll be hell to pay...

I would be interested in a Quark, Sisko and O'Brien, who could also be part of a Next Generation display. That's about it.

I can see a double-dip of Worf with different uniforms...

odd- very very odd- Sisko yes .....Kira maybe....Quark yes.....Dax????????????

Last edited:
This excites me tremendously. I asked Nanjin on his facebook something about if we would see a big display of new trek stuff from qmx at comic con and he responded that we're all gonna be blown away.

I'm beginning to think one of two things is going on with Uhura:
It's a likeness issue or they're trying to start spacing out different types of characters to prolong the line and to excite us who want more than just the original crew. It shows variety and commitment to the license. The stain with Picard was a big blow but my guess is Qmx's way of dealing with it will be to improve on the next releases and announce so many characters that we forgive them for the stain issue. Obviously, if this stain thing happens again, they'll have problems. My guess is they figure so many people will want Picard, they won't lose too much money on him, defective or not. He's the safest sales bet outside of Kirk and Spock for Trek collectors.

As for Dax, I'll definitely get her.

DS9 is a very close 3rd to TNG, and Jadzia is my favorite female Trek character. So I am absolutely thrilled to see this happening.

I don't have a problem if they start doing DS9 figures (although I won't buy any) but Dax would be a weird choice to start. I would think the Captains would be the logical starting point and then build the crew from there. She'd still be a later release in my mind but I guess whatever.

There was nothing in your first post that authenticated that qmx is releasing dax next. The post was basically a dax screen shot and a render with "Looks like Dax is next" written above it. No source was included (website, facebook posting, tweet, interview, etc.).

Then you included the source, Facebook, in your second picture after i raised the issue. This information revealed that this was from Nanjin, not Qmx.

Since this does not actually appear to be a release notice by qmx, maybe the title of this thread needs to be reconsidered.

lol Are you really still going? You need something better to do with your time. I've never seen someone try this hard to create an issue, where there is none. Let's try this one more time. Nothing needed "authenticating," when i saw your original post, I thought it was hilarious, but I did what you asked anyway and that still wasn't good enough it seems. You seem to be the only one here that doesn't know you can go on Facebook for all your authenticating needs. As for the title of this thread, if a mod wants to change it, I literally couldn't care any less. If they want to, they're going to do it anyway. That's not something for you to say.

Just realized, what ever this is that you keep going on about, is remedial. Have at it.

Dax! I agree it's a weird choice, but I'd be fine with weird choices in DS9's case, since I honestly never expected anything to get made from the series anyway.

lol Are you really still going? You need something better to do with your time. I've never seen someone try this hard to create an issue, where there is none. Let's try this one more time. Nothing needed "authenticating," when i saw your original post, I thought it was hilarious, but I did what you asked anyway and that still wasn't good enough it seems. You seem to be the only one here that doesn't know you can go on Facebook for all your authenticating needs. As for the title of this thread, if a mod wants to change it, I literally couldn't care any less. If they want to, they're going to do it anyway. That's not something for you to say.

Just realized, what ever this is that you keep going on about, is remedial. Have at it.

Calm yourself down. See how youve turned this ugly now? All i asked, politely mind you, is where you got your information. And i also thanked you for the same. Did you read that?

And Im sorry i didnt magically divine that you got this off of FB.....and that it was from nanjin. I guess my powers of ESP arent what they used to be.

But the issue was/is genuine- whether Dax "is next" for release from qmx. Others have added that nanjin frequently does his own projects not for qmx release. And just befause nanjin posts a pic on his FB doesn't necessarily mean thats the next figure for release, does it?

Probably wouldn't have been in my top 15 or 20 Star Trek characters. My cousin might be thrilled though ... he's had a crush on her since the 90s.

SD

Back