RAH Freddie Mercury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id get it if it was in another outfit. Already have the 18 inch Neca one that plays music. Still looks pretty good though. Bring on a Steven Tyler and Joe Perry!

mederah00051lme6.jpg

Seriously, what the frack is wrong with the people at Medicom that they always pose their figures like that?

:lol

Very cool and tempting, I've loved Queen since I was a kid. Unfortunately, I told myself a long time ago that i'd never get into the music figures UNLESS someone balls up and makes a Les Claypool... :monkey5

In truth, I'm sick to death of collectibles based on Queen, Led Zepplin...

I suppose it depends on what bands you really think are exceptional, but imho there are a lot of modern bands that have done more for music than Pink Floyd or Jim Morrison.

I'd be down on a cool set of Radiohead, U2, Queens Of The Stone Age, SNFU, PJ Harvey, and who ever else.

Certainly some old standards still do apply, such as the Beatles and the King, but the vast majority of musical figures have played out their novelty and are boring... And what's more, figures on just a front man (unless it's Elvis or Johnny Cash) is just plain weird.

I suppose it depends on what bands you really think are exceptional, but imho there are a lot of modern bands that have done more for music than Pink Floyd or Jim Morrison.

If you ever had any credibility with me, it's gone out the window. You sir, are a festizio.

PS: NECA made a decent Mercury figure. 18", too.
FreddieMercuryofQueen18.jpg

You can compare Queen to many bands, but you can't compare Freddie to a lot of singers

He IS one of the greatest ever. if you compare Freddie to other artists, you can conclude this:

On record: Freddie has an exceptional voice (I don't think anyone will disagree with that), but then again: a lot of other artist have great voices on record.

What makes the difference: Live Performance
Freddie was able to sing AND run around. Most artist nowadays can sing while standing, but hardly perform. And if they perform, their vocal skills go downhills. (And you just gotto love his attitude on stage)

Once again:

Medicom: INTERCHANGABLE HANDS!!!

Mic left AND right hand
finger pointing right hand
Fist right hand
Spread left hand
guitarish left hand (how else could we let him play his microphone stand guitar???)

perhaps his betty boop shirt he wore later-on the concert? And his guitar?
And don't you dare forgetting his wristband!!

We need this pose!!!

queenwembleydisk23ep2.jpg

Credibility shot!!

:emperor

Well, if basing all musical opinion in the past is the level upon which one's credibility is gauged then I'm happy to have little to no credibility.

To quote Bono circa 1988 "You glorify the past When the future dries up"

(and yes, I appreciate the irony of posting a quote that was recorded almost 20 years ago while debating the concept of living in the past...)

Freddie Mercury did have pipes on him, that was for sure, but prancing around on stage doesn't make someone a rock n' roll legend in my eyes. Composing amazing music that influences a new revolution in music does.

When people go on about Jim Morrison and all he did to music, I shake my head. The man was a drunk who was fortunate enough to backed by an amazing band. When you listen to the Doors albums in chronological order, you can clearly hear him digress from a fairly decent singer with charisma to an alcoholic who couldn't even get a verse out without slurring.

Most of the truly great rock n' roll musicians aren't well known, at least not by name, but if anyone pays close attention they'll realize that people like Josh Homme and John Frusciante have accomplished far more musically speaking than Jimmy Page, and Bono has proven you can have a great voice, a hell of a lot of charisma without having to drown himself in whiskey or run around the stage like a hyper child to entertain his audience.

Sorry Dave but I don't know how you can specualte on a band or whatever's legacy without a credible passage of time. This is why bands like Pink Floyd and Jim Morison always come up. They are proven. More recent acts like Radiohead (though I agree with you that they are deserving in EVERY respect) dont have that quite yet.

I dont care, he'll be mine. He's my favourite Vocalist of all time.

The head can be better tho, but that jacket looks awesome.

I can't wait to see better pics, but I think all this would need is a repaint to be perfect. Unfortunately, I'm sure the price will keep me from getting it.

Now when Medicom announces a Bowie figure, I might have to get it no matter what.

Sorry Dave but I don't know how you can specualte on a band or whatever's legacy without a credible passage of time. This is why bands like Pink Floyd and Jim Morison always come up. They are proven. More recent acts like Radiohead (though I agree with you that they are deserving in EVERY respect) dont have that quite yet.

That is a good point.

No matter, it's a good looking figure.

Back