RAH Freddie Mercury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't see many pictures of the Pink Floyd members on their own record sleeves, so I doubt you will ever see any figures of them.

Freddie is a great singer, but there is a lot of singers that come to mind well before he does.

the only musicians i wanna see are PF slash, PF angus young, or 1/6 scale iron maiden circa 1984 from the world slavery tour. too bad none will ever happen.:monkey2

I'm going to have to find some extra scratch to get this.

Freddie Mercury... There Can Be Only One. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

In truth, I'm sick to death of collectibles based on Queen, Led Zepplin...

I suppose it depends on what bands you really think are exceptional, but imho there are a lot of modern bands that have done more for music than Pink Floyd or Jim Morrison.

I'd be down on a cool set of Radiohead, U2, Queens Of The Stone Age, SNFU, PJ Harvey, and who ever else.

Certainly some old standards still do apply, such as the Beatles and the King, but the vast majority of musical figures have played out their novelty and are boring... And what's more, figures on just a front man (unless it's Elvis or Johnny Cash) is just plain weird.

This would be great if he was kidding....oy.

You don't see many pictures of the Pink Floyd members on their own record sleeves, so I doubt you will ever see any figures of them.

pinkummagj3.jpg

debating the concept of living in the past...)

Freddie Mercury did have pipes on him, that was for sure, but prancing around on stage doesn't make someone a rock n' roll legend in my eyes. Composing amazing music that influences a new revolution in music does.

So Freddy didn't????? :confused::confused::confused:

Do you know how many bands were influenced by Queen???

Were not just talking Rock bands either. Queen influenced rock, pop, and even country.

d. Martin obviously you must be a guy in his early 20's to say that.:lol:lol:lol:lol

d. Martin obviously you must be a guy in his early 20's to say that.:lol:lol:lol:lol

Far from the truth brother :) I used to play guitar and bass (for about 15-17 years) and just never really dug Queen all that much. I never understood the appeal, and by the time Wayne's World came out I really, really couldn't stand Queen.

Looking at it retrospectively though, the band was very good, but I don't think it was the singer alone that made them good. Far from it actually, like most groups, a singer alone does not make the full dynamic of what a band is. Surely no one would by toys based on the rest of Queen though...

At the end of the day, though, we're looking at a very well crafted figure on someone I personally don't think was that great.

If I were still in my twenties, I'm sure I'd still be listening to Bob Dylan, The Beatles, and Johnny Cash...

:)

Mouth, chin and cheeks look weird

I wonder if there'll ever be a Freddie figure/doll/statue with a headsculpt that makes you go "wow, this item really makes a connection, just like Freddie on stage"

Medicom doesn't go for life-like in their headsculpts. This criticism comes up every time.

It's not that big of a deal.

Back