RAH Freddie Mercury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know Dave, sometimes I worry about you. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Besides, I don't see how Mick Jagger or Johnny Rotten are any less compelling a 1:6 portrait than Syd Barrett or Roger Waters.

I buy Tonner dolls and listen to Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and I'm a MAN, baby!

It's the costumes there are more compelling for Rotten and Jagger and Mercury over the t-shirts and jeans of the other guys. Even Bono with his US Flag lined leather jacket would be an interesting figure. It's more the distinctive look than the distinctive sound that's important.

You know Dave, sometimes I worry about you. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Besides, I don't see how Mick Jagger or Johnny Rotten are any less compelling a 1:6 portrait than Syd Barrett or Roger Waters.

Portrait, no, but clothing? When I saw Roger in concert all he wore was a black suit over a black t-shirt.

At least Jagger had the funky jumpsuit and Rotten has the leather.

A Barrett might be cool if he had a puffy silk shirt or something, but Roger even in the 70s was a bore as far as attire.

Seriously, Dave must ooze comfort with his sexuality :lol

And I agree with you that the figures are probably selected more on the signature look of the clothes than just fame or influence. Even though its very un-punk to have a $150 figure of Sid Vicous... I still figure one day I'll have to break down and buy one :lol

Although I'd love to see a Joey Ramone :rock

I would love a 1:6 Nirvana dressed like the Heart Shaped Box video.. There is a lot potential with accessories too. (not trying to reawaken the worthiness issue).

I think it'd be hard to say Nirvana isn't worthy. Sure they are newer, but almost 20 years since Bleach was released and they still have a huge fanbase would make be think they'll be one for the ages.

I'm not a big 80s hair band fan by any means, but some of those guys would make interesting figures. Def Leopard, David Lee Roth, Poison, etc. Medicom figures already naturally look girly.

I'd love a Bruce Dickinson figure circa Powerslave era.

Nirvana or specifically, Cobain, wouldn't really be very interesting as a figure. Courtney Love on the other hand...

I buy Tonner dolls and listen to Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and I'm a MAN, baby!

It's the costumes there are more compelling for Rotten and Jagger and Mercury over the t-shirts and jeans of the other guys. Even Bono with his US Flag lined leather jacket would be an interesting figure. It's more the distinctive look than the distinctive sound that's important.

Trudat. A lot of the grunge-era bands would translate well to RAH figures. Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Mudhoney, and Soundgarden would be cool.

...So would Jane's Addiction.

Seriously, Dave must ooze comfort with his sexuality :lol

And I agree with you that the figures are probably selected more on the signature look of the clothes than just fame or influence. Even though its very un-punk to have a $150 figure of Sid Vicous... I still figure one day I'll have to break down and buy one :lol

Although I'd love to see a Joey Ramone :rock

I'll never buy a Sex Pistols figure until they make Steve Jones...

Courtney Love on the other hand...

Well, Medicom would have to make a skank-whore body first...

As for Nirvana, that is a perfect example of a band, not a single musician. I'd want all three of them (Nevermind on...) Although a Pat Smear figure would be a nice addition too.

I think they're called Allison Chains.

No, I'm pretty sure its Alice In Chains :)

B000002BM5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

He definitely was a clown... but there is a certain cliche quality about him that I think makes for a good figure. Its sort of like he represented all that was good and bad about punk and gave us a good look at where the scene would trainwreck into.

Also the irony of a $150 high-end collectible of a punk is pretty enticing :lol

Back