RETURN of Slade's LOVE PALACE--Toy SeXXXyness since 1979

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SLADE'S LOVE PALACE FOR ACTION FIGURES

galactiboy said:
:rotfl :lol So I can see you've been doing your research on the shelves... that Mego collection is crazy :google

Yeah, I love the last guy with all that random stuff crammed in...I can relate! Just google "Detolf" and you can see all kinds of cool collections. I'd say the majority are either action figure, statue, or prop collections.

Owww! I see some Attakus items in your Detolfs...

How come you got so much stuff? Do you work in the industry, or are you just plane rich? :D

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Owww! I see some Attakus items in your Detolfs...

How come you got so much stuff? Do you work in the industry, or are you just plane rich? :D

None of those are my Detolfs. I don't want to be misrepresenting myself here. I'm just jealous of any collector within driving distance of an IKEA (and GB's Detolfs--bastard has stuff inside them I want!). I grew up in Pittsburgh where we had an IKEA long before people even knew they could make their homes look like a Real World set on the cheap. I moved to FL in 2004 and our closest IKEA is ATL and driving there (or having them shipped) would negate the sweet, sweet cheapness that is IKEA furniture. The b&w shelf with all the 1/6 stuff on it IS mine though, which is an IKEA 800+ CD shelf that I got years ago and now is maxed out with figures.

But, to be fair--at one time I could have filled all of those shelves. My collection hit around 1,800 figures 3 years ago. I moved it all to FL, realized I had too much and got rid of about 800 figures (POTF2, Spawn, early Toy Biz Marvel). I also go rid of all the CDs that filled that shelf. No need for hard media when all the music is on my G5, two hard drives, and my iPod.

BTW ladies--I am plain rich!

sladesuperagent said:
None of those are my Detolfs.
Damn, here I was thinking they were all yours. I'm kinda dissapointed, nevertheless you still have a sweet collection!

Some of my non-G.I. Joe figures that chill over the doorway:
DSC06222.jpg

I love the Demon Ranger bad guy with the turban! The 80's ruled!!!
DSC06223.jpg

I used have the black ski-mask Bravo Company figure as a kid. He was the deadlier brother of Firefly--BLACKFLY. Then I lost him in the yard. 20 years later, I find him in an auction of loose Remco Joes--proving that the ski-mask is always effin' cool.

DUDE!
I just looked into your sacred collection of cool for the first time!
I cannot get over your Jesus group! And all those others!
You have some amazing stuff!
Just unreal!

Great collection.

figuremasterles said:
DUDE!
I just looked into your sacred collection of cool for the first time!
I cannot get over your Jesus group! And all those others!
You have some amazing stuff!
Just unreal!

Great collection.

Thanx man! I would have to say that the Jesus shelf is the most popular shelf in the palace. When I bought the first Rainfall Jesus w/ the googly eye at a Family Bookstore years ago, I remember wishing out loud that they would make a Resurrection Playset (or a more friendly named "Calvary Hill" playset). Sure enough, years later they did, which I think is a really, REALLY bizarre toy for a child. Children get a pretty quick understanding what a gun can do to someone, but crucifixion is another bowl of soup altogether. And the box touts "3 removable crosses". Why would you want to remove them when you could crucify C-3PO or Serpentor or Aquaman or all 3 AT ONCE!?!?

So after months of deliberation and pondering, I finally decided to drink the Kool-Aid--and the Kool-Aid flavor is $tar War$. But I have to say, I dig these figures. I'm not a huge SW fan boy--the first three films were a big part of my childhood, but Phantom Menace was horrible, Clones was watchable minus anything w/ Annie, and Revenge was just good--minus anything w/ Annie. Of the three newer films, I really only liked 3 characters: Maul, Qui-Gon, and Mace Windu--so I decided to pick up those 3 to start off my SS SW collection. I think it sux that I can't start the collection w/ Luke and Han, but they weren't really the best figs (Han's head was huge and Luke looked like the Gerber baby). From what I've seen, I think these are the best of what Sideshow has offered so far. I just hope we see armored figures soon and maybe some bounty hunters.

He does look a little Jesus-esque and I hate the stumble on his neck.
DSC06353.jpg

Sam Jackson just effin' rules!
DSC06354.jpg

Maul was done really well. The tayloring is really impressive.
DSC06356.jpg

Medicom Vader. Just pure badassness. Before Wolverine and Darth, I hadn't bought a Medi figure since the Alien and Predator RAH's. I'm sorry I forgot how awesome their figures are, even if they're a tad small.
DSC06357.jpg

I've been trying to pick up Wyatt Earp forever! I'm your huckleberry.
DSC06358.jpg

Thanx to The Ringer for the SS SW stuff and Teemu for the great deal on Vader!

6a00c22522de01604a00cdf7edf45d094f-320pi

Welcome to the club :lol

BTW, the Wyatt looks real nice too!

NEW STUFF FELLOW FREAKS!!! I went on a Hot Toys binge recently--their stuff is just amazing.

Ancient Predator Asia Edition--thanx Toe!!!
DSC06371.jpg

Medicom Ghostrider--thanx Ringer!!!
DSC06372.jpg

Blister Clubber Lang. The jacket is the NICEST tailored jacket for a figure I've ever seen!
DSC06373.jpg

Sideshow Platoon 1st Series Set--I need a f@#kin' KING!!!
DSC06374.jpg

Sideshow Vlad Exclusive--thanx Joe!!!
DSC06375.jpg

Hot Toys ED-209!!! BADASS!!! $228 shipped from Cotsworld! Great deal when you can get this bad mammajamma for retail!
DSC06377.jpg

DSC06376.jpg

Updated Justice League shelf--much more room. Someone have a Grundy?
DSC06378.jpg

Last edited:

Lookin' badass bro!

That ED is sick... I really need to get that :rock

Great collection Slade! It really feels like love palace more and more :D

The is one of the best all around collections I have seen to date!!! I had NO IDEA they made a McGyver action figure???

WOW! I love the setup.

Man I'd spend days looking at every single figure you've got! That's one sick collection here!:monkey5

Question is how much time does it take to dust them all?

I'm actually lucky in the fact that I live in a 100 yr old house in Florida, so b/c there's no central heat/air, there's no airvents in the rooms to blow stuff around--which in 15 years of toy collecting--I have found to be the biggest contributor to dust. Also, the "Love Palace" is basically a storage room. I don't really chill in there b/c there's no furniture, so the door is closed most of the time. And hopefully by fall Floridians will have an Ikea, so I can buy myself some Detolfs for the 1/6 stuff.

Just checking your stuff out on my new imac. You went nuts on the platoon stuff. I thought HAD the king and NOT the rest of the first series.

Back