RETURN of Slade's LOVE PALACE--Toy SeXXXyness since 1979

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SLADE'S LOVE PALACE FOR ACTION FIGURES

Ancient Predator is nice too man. What's with those boots though? Looks like he could strip some aliens of their genitalia. Will look nice with the Predator 2 once you get him.

And the ED209...looks kind of small from that angle, huh? He's badass though.

Some perspective--I always loved the Kenner version.
DSC06388.jpg

UPDATES!!!

Medicom Spider-man 3. I like the old school/ninja look of this figure. The more subtle blue and red tones, the small Ditko eyes, the pleather--my only complaint is where the neck meets the shoulders--it's a lil too thick.
DSC06485.jpg

Hot Toys Director George Lucas. I really don't plan on going hog-wild for SS SW, but they finally deserve their own shelf w/ Lucas. When are we getting a Lando BTW?
DSC06486.jpg

Hot Toys Endoskeleton. Bad-ass. Simply bad-ass. Everyone wave good-bye to the Aoshima Endo. Fly, fly, fly. Fly, FLY, FLY.
DSC06489.jpg

My new Indie Comics Shelf. The Pitt Build-a-figure was hard to pass up, so I thought I'd give him some more indie company.
DSC06487.jpg

Love those fake Joes! 3rd from top left is new and looks like he should be in the Village People. I'm trying to complete the Agglo American Defense series from 1985. The only bad guy I need is in gray camo w/ a maroon beret and mutton chops. I love how cheesy these guys are. The leather guy is sweet, but I still like the Taliban dude the best.
DSC06488.jpg

You can seen how these guys got their $$$ worth with these molds.
DSC06490.jpg

I pity the fool who makes a figure of me that crappy AGAIN!
DSC06491.jpg

And in route from Hong Kong today:
Sloth_1_ebay.jpg

We'll see how good the Sloth is--I got him WAAAY cheaper than I've ever seen him, but I'm already thinking he's gonna need a repaint from a board member. I'd hoping someone would really drool at the chance to rework Sloth. Goonies never say die!

Cool new figures Slade ;-)
Looks like Hot Toys has stolen your heart.

Is the Spiderman in scale with the Sideshow figures (after all Spiderman is not a tall man)

Is the Spiderman in scale with the Sideshow figures (after all Spiderman is not a tall man)

He's a little smaller than Wolverine--the crown of Spidey's head is even with where the forehead meets the hairline on Wolverine.

I think I despised both Spidey 3 and Ghostrider equally (which is a shame b/c Spidey 1 & 2 are genius), but the figures are really great. If the Spidey had that "raised-webbing" look to him like in the film, there's no way I would have bought him. But Medicom kept true to his roots and I really like that.

i lovth thu shelvths!!! ha ha! mikly way!!!!....k, it's hard to do a sloth impression in print. He's awesome. Who woulda thunk it.

cool collections. i didn't know they made that many jesus figures. i am amazed.

Nice collection there man, the reserection/crucifiction playset got a chuckle out of me. Not sure why, but Jesus toys allways make me laugh.
Question for you about the Flannel figure
Hot Toys Director George Lucas. I really don't plan on going hog-wild for SS SW, but they finally deserve their own shelf w/ Lucas. When are we getting a Lando BTW?
DSC06486.jpg

Is that George a Custom you did, or is it one you picked up somewhere, the head looks like the one i see on e-bay from time to time, is it the same one? Did you repaint it, or did it come painted?

Is that George a Custom you did, or is it one you picked up somewhere, the head looks like the one i see on e-bay from time to time, is it the same one? Did you repaint it, or did it come painted?

Its the Hot Toys "Director" figure, from the days before all there figure releases were on the up-and-up. Cool figure though, and great for a SW collector :rock

Nice collection there man, the reserection/crucifiction playset got a chuckle out of me. Not sure why, but Jesus toys allways make me laugh.
Question for you about the Flannel figure

The story I heard goes like this.... this George is by HotToys in their early years. The product was ordered off the shelf soon after release, HotToys never acquire any rights to produce the figure.

Last edited:

Ok. did some checking the figure is nigh impossible to get, but the head is regularly available. now i just need to get one, and a costume....

I think the head is a recast... but seems fairly well done. He doesn't come up on eBay all that often. But you can still find one at a decent enough price if you are patient.

:google

Wow.....I just went through all 10 pages of your toy store......

Nice collection!!

:D

Ok. did some checking the figure is nigh impossible to get, but the head is regularly available. now i just need to get one, and a costume....

I bought one of the (what I assume) recast Lucas heads on Ebay from some guy in HK.

It was really well done with a pretty decent paint apps.

I think the head is a recast... but seems fairly well done. He doesn't come up on eBay all that often. But you can still find one at a decent enough price if you are patient.

A few weeks ago an original Hot Toys was sold for 30 dollars on eBay.

Just keep checking and you will find one :)

A few weeks ago an original Hot Toys was sold for 30 dollars on eBay.

Just keep checking and you will find one :)

That might have been Slade's... I know he got a sweet deal on his. I was able to get mine for $45 shipped about 2 years ago.

Back