Sean's 1/6 Wampa project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROOOWWWRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cosplay-starwars-wampa-pug-wampug2.jpg

Sean that is some amazing work!!

Dorgs,
I haven't taken final photos of the Bantha yet. I wanted to take them in a desert-like setting but believe it or not they aren't as easy to find here in Los Angeles as you'd think. I guess my table top will have to suffice.

Sean

Sean, when some friends and I wanted to do a WWII North Africa scene we had a hard time finding a location in the LA area. We did finally find this:

IMG_1424_SW_.jpg

That was done by one of the guys from Echo Base Toys while we were right next to him doing our North Africa thing.
at:
IMG_1230.jpg

The SW pic was taken just north of the dirt lot used for the Amphitheater just north of the main entrance to the park. It's right off I 15 if your ever near the Ontario Mills mall. The Gate Entrance picture is taken from the entrance to that dirt lot.

Around this time is pretty good. Gets real hot in the summer and very windy in the fall. I had a 1/6th scale quad flak gun go flying in the wind. But over all it's about the best accessible spot I could find during my search. Recently moved to NJ so doing desert is even more difficult now.

Last edited:
Wow those Wampas look simply amazing. What I wouldn't give to be able to do that myself, great work.

any kit bashes made avable to any one yet

Of my sculpts? Not yet, that was the plan but the hand molds got screwed up after casting my set of hands for the 2nd Wampa and I also ended up redoing the mouth on both so it would open and close after I'd already molded the head sculpt. So there's lots of work done post-casting on the head (cutting the lower jaw off, adding ball joint, making each separate tooth, tongue, etc). So I'd have to recast the head so the lower jaw was separate, etc.

Sean

Thanks for showing us your amazing work! You need to mass produce these for all us Empire fans who are still stuck with the Hasbro Wampa.

Basically finished Wampa #2:

4-1.jpg

His hair is a mess, I know. But I'm afraid to brush it, he might bite.

Also made a little stand/environment for him from one of those typical metal doll stands you can find in the hobby store. I had some left over water based clay from making a mold I was about to throw out so I quickly decided to sculpt a Taun Taun skull and some bones. It's crap I know, but I just did it really fast:

5-1.jpg

Some more pictures of the first Wampa I made in his environment:
2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

Sean

Amazing! Yeeesss!!! :clap:yess:

Back