Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the look of this figure, but i have had a lot of issues with sideshows DC figures. loose joints etc. Not going there when I'm sure Hot Toys will visit this character eventually.

I like the look of this figure, but i have had a lot of issues with sideshows DC figures. loose joints etc. Not going there when I'm sure Hot Toys will visit this character eventually.

It's my understanding that Howard Chan is not a fan of the prequel trilogy, so it's unlikely that Hot Toys will make Darth Maul or anyone else from Episodes I-III. I think Hot Toys indicated around the time that it acquired the Star Wars license that there would be a focus on new Star Wars films and the original trilogy. I don't know if that's changed, but there will be a steady stream of new Star Wars movies for the foreseeable future alternating between saga and anthology films, so Hot Toys will have plenty of new content to translate into 1/6 (interspersed with original trilogy characters). Based on those assumptions, we may not see a 1/6 Darth Maul again, which is not to say that Sideshow should be excused for 1) taking advantage of the possibility that we won't get another Darth Maul figure (I pre-ordered largely on this basis); 2) short-changing collectors on content/accessories at increasingly higher prices; and 3) continuing to completely suck at producing human likenesses and not living up to the promise of its prototypes. Even if the higher prices are attributable to profiteering by Disney, it's really laughable that Sideshow can't nail down its production of human characters and in all likelihood still won't have figured it out a year from now when Darth Maul is released.

I bet even if Chan isn't a huge Prequel Trilogy fan that Hot Toys will still make figures from the films eventually. There's money there so it'd be silly not to just because he personally doesn't like the films. Maybe they won't do a bunch of characters and it probably isn't a priority but I'm almost positive we'll get some eventually.

I thought HT was working on a Ankinian figure? Howard did say they were making one in an interview a while back (not that would mean anything) :dunno

Well, I've been wrong before, so maybe Hot Toys will get around to Darth Maul. I have no sense for when that would be (far off I'd guess), but there's time before Sideshow's Darth Maul is released to see if Hot Toys does prequel characters like Anakin, which would give hope to seeing a HT Darth Maul.

I'd like to see a Darth Maul, Anakin, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan from HT. I wouldn't want too many characters from the prequels, but I think they would be a nice representation of them.

Finally decided not to pre-ordering this. After being a Sideshow OT and PT completist for almost 8 years... I am giving up. Prices are simply to hard for me to follow....

Finally decided not to pre-ordering this. After being a Sideshow OT and PT completist for almost 8 years... I am giving up. Prices are simply to hard for me to follow....

Same here . Just can't afford to start collecting This line . It's to much .

I'd like to see a Darth Maul, Anakin, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan from HT. I wouldn't want too many characters from the prequels, but I think they would be a nice representation of them.

Throw in Dooku and Hot Toys can call it a day. It's a crime that nobody but Hasbro (excellent effort though) has done anything with that character. Also I'm in the process of getting a repaint done for the ROTS SS Anakin head, but I'd love to see Hot Toys do some crazy DX with 2 sculpts, light up sabers, a base, and even a charred quadriplegic Anakin too. I'd pay $350 for that.

But yeah I'm sure Hot Toys will get to Darth Maul eventually and it will put SS to shame.

I'd like to see HT make an arena Padme too which IIRC was on their shortlist to produce before TFA was announced.

I don't see any reason to buy this overpriced bare bones Maul from Sideshow. Jawas? Sure since they look great and we probably won't see them from HT. But they'll definitely get around to Maul. I can wait.

I got my new Darth Maul!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446949780.167124.jpg

Side note, but the Disney Infinity style reminds me of the figures from the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series.

CWanimatedobiwanloose.jpg

I really like that, I plan to get Maul, I have an Incredible Hulk already.

I'm very tempted with this guy, not a huge fan of the prequels but Maul is a major baddie. But my history with sideshow isn't all that, just about every figure i have of their DC 1/6 line suffers from floppy body. I think i wait for the hot toys Maul. inevitable? or is this our only hope :) of a 1/6 DM?

I'm very tempted with this guy, not a huge fan of the prequels but Maul is a major baddie. But my history with sideshow isn't all that, just about every figure i have of their DC 1/6 line suffers from floppy body. I think i wait for the hot toys Maul. inevitable? or is this our only hope :) of a 1/6 DM?

I think so. it's not just Maul but very specifically Naboo Maul so a Tatooine version should happen sometime.

Back