So who is going to buy the Theatrical Version of the Star Wars Trilogy tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying the Star Wars Trilogy

• Yes, will be pick them up

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • It depends on the price of them

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • No, I just cant justify buying another copy of the Trilogy

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • No, I like the special edition better anyway

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haven't watched any of them yet off these discs but the SE transfers on these on not very good huh? No biggie I already got a good copy of the 04 SE with Jabba and Hayden (which I prefer). I bought these to have the Original Theatrical releases.

Definatly gonna be a long weekend for my wife hahahaha! I'm watching them in original format this weekend , than SE next (just to compare.) I never seen the 04 DVD's with new new new Jabba in ANH and Hayden in ROTJ (aka blasphemy, how can someone erase an actor? If I was Shaws family I'd go pee on Lucas for that!):monkey3

jlcmsu said:
Haven't watched any of them yet off these discs but the SE transfers on these on not very good huh? No biggie I already got a good copy of the 04 SE with Jabba and Hayden (which I prefer). I bought these to have the Original Theatrical releases.

The SE transfers are the EXACT same ones as the 04. Not sure who told you they were different but they are wrong.

What is great about the originals is no more blue tint! Notice the pics below and notice Vader is finally back to his classic self, "gunmetal" color and not blue!

The walls are actually white and not blue as well. You actually see more detail as well.

cap021.jpg

cap156.jpg

cap022.jpg

cap154.jpg

ORIGINALS JUST RULE.

:)

Gruson said:
The SE transfers are the EXACT same ones as the 04. Not sure who told you they were different but they are wrong.

I was assuming that's what Elwood went as far as the quality. Not that the ones from 04 are what you're getting. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. :eek:

Elwood is saying the SEs themselves are crap compared to the originals. (not the audio/video of them) The movies themselves.

They are. :)

The quality (audio/video) of the SEs are the same as the 04 release.
No changes between the two DVD releases.

Gruson said:
Elwood is saying the SEs themselves are crap compared to the originals. (not the audio/video of them) The movies themselves.

They are. :)

Ah I got ya. Well, I ABSOLUTELY disagree they are crap. I really prefer them as they tie the whole Saga together now with the changes they made. They aren't perfect but neither is the unaltered.

jlcmsu said:
Ah I got ya. Well, I ABSOLUTELY disagree they are crap. I really prefer them as they tie the whole Saga together now with the changes they made. They aren't perfect but neither is the unaltered.

Yup, I know your opinion and you know mine.

Huge following on both of them as you know.

:)

Can someone settle a debate between me and a friend?

I don't remember the Kryat dragon skeleton in the unaltered version (granted it's been about 10 years since I've seen it) and he says it's there. Who's right?

Darth Loki said:
Can someone settle a debate between me and a friend?

I don't remember the Kryat dragon skeleton in the unaltered version (granted it's been about 10 years since I've seen it) and he says it's there. Who's right?

It's there, but before widescreen versions came out you really could not see it well in the 4:3 versions ( VHS ). If you had widescreen laser dics you could see it.

KitFisto said:
It's there, but before widescreen versions came out you really could not see it well in the 4:3 versions ( VHS ). If you had widescreen laser dics you could see it.

Yup, that is correct.

Thanks guys. So we were both kinda right. I'd never seen ANH in WS until the SE's and that was when I noticed it.

Darth Loki said:
Thanks guys. So we were both kinda right. I'd never seen ANH in WS until the SE's and that was when I noticed it.

Actually, I would have to say you were wrong and your friend was right. Sorry!

In the 4:3 versions there is a scene where 3PO was staning there with a close up and you could see it behind him, but it was VERY blurry as the camera was on for 3PO's close up.

That, I THINK, was the only scene in the 4:3 where you could see it at all. I could be wrong, but it's been so long since I have watched it in 4:3.

Gruson said:
Actually, I would have to say you were wrong and your friend was right. Sorry!

I guess tecnicaly you're right but at least I have a good reason for not remembering it.

I'm getting really excited to watch these, not so much because they're necessarily better versions, but just to feel like a kid again. I've never been bothered by the "blue tint" of ANH SE. In fact I *never* noticed it and even seeing the screen shots side by side the SE doesn't look wrong in any way, just cleaner and crisper.

And its not like anyone complained when the TIE Fighters were tinted blue for ESB....

Gruson said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. The audio and video of the SE's are technically superior, but they have the changed colors, and the weird remixed sound (with crossed surrounds on ANH, missing musical cues, raised sound effects levels that drown out the score, added foley effects, etc.).

The originals really are magical. Again, if they clean up the dirt from the print, and master it in anamorphic HD, then I'll be ecstatic.

I know this has been posted before but for convenience sake and for those that haven't seen it, here's a list of differences...

WIKIPEDIA

Back